Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Blew all CD's on a disc priest in pvp last night and did enough damage to down a small raid boss.

The priest didn't get below 85%...
    yup because before you get through like 20 shields they have, they'll have them ready again and so begins the cycle. Inb4 people say start hitting your interrupts, thanks to whoever designed disc priests to have 2 schools they can cast heals with.

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    yup because before you get through like 20 shields they have, they'll have them ready again and so begins the cycle. Inb4 people say start hitting your interrupts, thanks to whoever designed disc priests to have 2 schools they can cast heals with.
    Never interrupt a priest on disc/holy, penance heals like crap and he will need to cast shadow mend to top himself, only lock him on shadow school and try to interrupt holy/disc spells with a simple stun but honestly a disc priest might be the best 1 on 1 pvp class ingame that can kill nearly every class by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    Never interrupt a priest on disc/holy, penance heals like crap and he will need to cast shadow mend to top himself, only lock him on shadow school and try to interrupt holy/disc spells with a simple stun but honestly a disc priest might be the best 1 on 1 pvp class ingame that can kill nearly every class by himself.
    Good advice, stuns & silences are the way to go, if you can only interrupt interrupt on shadow as stated above. Shields are not that strong, all the holy spells that heal directly have cd's where as shadow school does not. Shields are not that strong 200k-300k realistically, you can dispellof course but because they are so weak might as well just absorb them and a fairly lengthy cd compared to the amount they shield. Disc has no hots, no ability to escape a melee, no big emergency heals.

A lot of classes 1vs1 should rightly struggle to kill any healer, a disc priest can only kill that other person if the other person does not disengage. 2vs1 a disc will go down to good dps like any other healer.

In general if your left 1vs1 against a disc in arena, be patient, apply constant pressure, don't let your health go low and cc the fiend, they will go oom and die.

Healers are not meant to be killable in a 1v1 situation, if that was the case, why bring a healer instead of another DPS? But yes I agree that they are too strong now, IMO the main reason is that they still have the survivability they always had, but people lost a lot of CC, so controlling the healer became an ineffective tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    I remember resto druid being quite broken during WOTLK. Actually resto druid has never stopped being stupidly overpowered and flexible in pvp since Burning Crusade.
    Assuming you are talking about arenas, try playing as a resto druid at cataclysm (specially the last season) and then tell me how well that went =p
    To be fair, after cata, resto has been a very solid healer indeed, always in the top 3 spots, but that is mainly due to how OP god comp/RMD is.

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR View Post
    I remember watching a match where he stood on top of the crypt in the Lordaeron Ruins arena with a Feral and an Arms Warrior pounding him for 45 minutes, and the auto-draw finished with him on ~100% mana. Through Mortal Strike.
    Well, 1600 was quite bad back in WotLK, due the higher number of player. I remember I was a pretty bad player with 500ms lag, pvp only gear and I managed to get it.

That being said I have always played as a feral and I have got back to WotLK servers to learn how to play properly (and because I love the pvp of that expansion). I am pretty sure there is no way in hell a holy pally could survive a decent feral and warrior combo, if the warrior used fear to interrupt during burst and the feral his stun to support, the pally would already be in big trouble. A good feral would also use clone and bear charge properly, not to mention all the pressure a good warrior can bring to the table.
    Last edited by Knolan; 2017-06-02 at 04:31 PM.

I've been playing a lot of BGs lately, and I agree with what's being said to the fullest. I understand healers need to be strong for them to be worthwhile, but if one BG team has none, never mind 2 healers more than the other it's gg. Pretty much as simple as that. And since Blizz doesn't seem to be able to control amount of healers in teams, many fights are one sided.
    My Ele Shaman PvP YouTube channel: https://goo.gl/s0u6Hn

10+ Year Old Account
    > PvP has been a mess in so many ways since cataclysm launched. When players have 200% more relative health than they did last pvp season of reasonable balance (s8)

this is utter garbage. if you're talking about actual balance, spec and comp diversity has been wider than it's ever been since wod launched. many high rated pvpers will tell you cataclysm was probably the best rated arena experience of all time with a great balance between bursty control comps, melee trains, pure control comps, and rot comps.

edit: a thing
    Last edited by inkberry; 2017-06-05 at 05:50 AM.

Alot of you guys love to assume things. Healers arent overpowered in rated pvp. Dampening is intended for the match to progress to an end, not a statement that healers are op (or else they would do a direct nerf)
    Playing a healer at a high level is quite unforgiving vs teams that know what theyre doing. There is actually a shortage of healers if you take a look in lfg arena and rbg. Just because you may be having a hard time killing one, they still can die if 2 dps coordinate stuns and kicks properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Decorpse View Post
    Alot of you guys love to assume things. Healers arent overpowered in rated pvp. Dampening is intended for the match to progress to an end, not a statement that healers are op (or else they would do a direct nerf)
    Playing a healer at a high level is quite unforgiving vs teams that know what theyre doing. There is actually a shortage of healers if you take a look in lfg arena and rbg. Just because you may be having a hard time killing one, they still can die if 2 dps coordinate stuns and kicks properly.
    I watch quite alot of high rated pvp and people are constantly complaining about healing power, and how you often just have ot wait for dampening before kills can happen.

For the average RBG though where you're with a mixed bag of talents, healing is much less powerful compared to a random BG where no one knows how to interrupt or cc properly, that's for sure. But it would seem when skill is equal - healers are massively resilient. And the popular opinion (even on bias places like the official forums) is that a healer SHOULD be able to outheal 1 or maybe even 2 dps. I think that's a very shallow design.

That's something moba's nail perfectly with "healers" is that they're more of a support class, rather than a hard counter class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I've heard this complaint every single expansion since I started playing back at the beginning of TBC.
    I've pvp'ed since WotLK only but they would always go down if you were 2 dps'es nuking a healer. Good ones would of course last longer. They've never ever been this tanky before. Maybe during the resilience buff that happened some years ago. Back then you were lucky if you got 4-5 kills in a bg since nobody would die. Not even dps'es. But it was hotfixed later.

- - - Updated - - -

ATLEAST you can kill dps'es pretty quickly in 3v3 and doesn't go into dampening that much for me. But you're in a world of annoyance when the enemy healer just won't /afk or admit defeat. It's hilarious. But it feels like they're wasting time. Rather queue again come on

- - - Updated - - -

I'm NOT saying healers should be bad, or that they're overpowered in 3v3. You cc a healer, and eventually his dps mates go down. But the fact that a healer can last 10-15 minutes vs 2 dps + 1 healer is ridiculus. And we're at 2300 - 2400 ish rating.

A healer should NOT die 1v1. Of course. But if we're 2 dps'es and it's not enough with our full toolkits. I know for sure that they're overtuned (but only self healing).

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure I'm complaning or not. It's quite funny. In the end they still lose if they let their teammates die.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerul View Post
    If healers were soloable then why would anyone bring a healer over a dps? They can't solo you, you can't solo them.
    NOBODY is saying healers should be soloable 1v1. What me and others are saying is that we're seeing tons of priests (disc and holy) just trolling around 3-4 even 5 dps'es in bg's and arena with EASE. It's hilarious! Definately not balanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    What shitty comp are you playing that you can't kill anything besides a resto druid right now? Or are their teammates peeling and you're too mongo to notice?

I have given up trying to kill healers, in randoms or an RBG I apply just enough pressure so they stop healing teammates and heal themselves. It also helps to watch who they're targeting, if it's someone on their team I'll stun/interrupt the cast but otherwise let them cast. As long as the healer isn't healing their team it's a win in my book.

Deleted
    learn to interupt, learn to cc and learn to coordinate cc. Jesus fuck this post and the responds are so fucking retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Zayv View Post
    I watch quite alot of high rated pvp and people are constantly complaining about healing power, and how you often just have ot wait for dampening before kills can happen.

For the average RBG though where you're with a mixed bag of talents, healing is much less powerful compared to a random BG where no one knows how to interrupt or cc properly, that's for sure. But it would seem when skill is equal - healers are massively resilient. And the popular opinion (even on bias places like the official forums) is that a healer SHOULD be able to outheal 1 or maybe even 2 dps. I think that's a very shallow design.

That's something moba's nail perfectly with "healers" is that they're more of a support class, rather than a hard counter class.
    The only long games are dampener comps vs dampener comps. Of course they are going to be long games, that was their decision to play "long game" dampener comps.

Quote Originally Posted by Decorpse View Post
    The only long games are dampener comps vs dampener comps. Of course they are going to be long games, that was their decision to play "long game" dampener comps.
    Regardless, there's still another group of players we have to talk about...the largest group which is casuals.

I'm in the casual group and pvp has so far been horrific. On the daily when I queue up, I have a series of games that are a nightmare and our team gets completely obliterated. I actually just ended a random BG where my team had 40+ deaths, the alliance team had 4. 4 deaths....and 3 more healers than us. That's probably the worst match I've had in legion so far, but most matches are plenty bad. To the point where you just give up because there's nothing you can do. I've never played a game where that's consistently the case.

PvP was the reason I left in WoD, and it's probably the reason I'll leave again. I know they can sort it out, they've sorted out PvE in the past, but they don't seem to care. For now I'm one of those weirdos who finds some entertainment doing old raids, transmogging, and farming for rare gear, because the excitement with PvP is completely gone for me.

It's honestly very disheartening because I have fond memories of pvp in this game. IDK if i mentioned it here or another thread but there's an increasing sentiment that wow pvp isn't up to par with other mmo's (or other games in general) and I'm starting to believe it.

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    balancing around 3v3 is easier than balancing around 10v10+ battlegrounds. how do you expect them to balance around casuals anyway? assume everyone sucks at the game? because most casuals do, which is why this topic is ever brought up in the first place.

it's not that wow's pvp isn't up to par. wow's pvp is different in a way that a lot of people don't find fun.

rpg pvp in general is pretty bad compared to other games and wow is no exception.

Quote Originally Posted by inkberry View Post
    balancing around 3v3 is easier than balancing around 10v10+ battlegrounds. how do you expect them to balance around casuals anyway? assume everyone sucks at the game? because most casuals do, which is why this topic is ever brought up in the first place.

it's not that wow's pvp isn't up to par. wow's pvp is different in a way that a lot of people don't find fun.

rpg pvp in general is pretty bad compared to other games and wow is no exception.
    when a large amount of you player base is playing 10v10 battlegrounds, you had better learn to balance it, or else you get the feedback youve seen in legion.

regardless of whether RPGs are poor pvp games relative to other game types, wow is STILL bad relative to other RPGs. And that's pretty sad considering how long they've had to work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    To the people saying "Well resto druids were always unkillable!"

Yeah...

Resto druids...

No one else... That means nerf resto down to reasonable levels, not make everyone else OP too. Healers are supports, they support, that means without people to protect them they should crumple in PvP, the same way supports do in every other PvP game.

I feel like the only healers that are in a balanced spot right now is Holy Paladin and Resto Shaman, because they can actually be killed within reason, and I say that as a Paladin.
    Yes but everyone would just immediately target the healer and then the healer would die. Thereby making healers pointless

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kneehidude View Post
    Yes but everyone would just immediately target the healer and then the healer would die. Thereby making healers pointless
    Untrue.... Back then when only resto druids were this strong, there were still plenty of comps that used Resto Shaman, Holy Paladins, and Disc priests... They just actually required you to put actual effort towards protecting your healer instead of marginal effort...

It worked before, it would work now, stop saying "they would just kill the healer and then no one would ever be a healer", because it's not true, it wasn't true then, it wouldn't be now.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Can we expect a -25% healing debuff in pvp in the coming patch?

10+ Year Old Account
    when a large amount of you player base is playing 10v10 battlegrounds, you had better learn to balance it, or else you get the feedback youve seen in legion.

regardless of whether RPGs are poor pvp games relative to other game types, wow is STILL bad relative to other RPGs. And that's pretty sad considering how long they've had to work on it.
    nah arena is fine. battlegrounds don't really matter. and you can't balance around casuals because casuals don't actually know how to play the game properly. you actually can't balance around something when you can't expect the majority of the playerbase to understand what to do.

edit: think of it this way, do you expect blizzard to balance raids about people ignoring mechanics? hell no.

just want to add that it's pretty easy to carry battlegrounds solo as dps right now. I don't even queue up as healer on my monk grinding prestige because i've found that healing is often a waste of time when I can just straight up carry the entire thing as a dps. healers are only good when they have support, and even then resto druid is the only one that is difficult to kill (if they're actually good, most are not and should die easily when caught out of bear).
    Last edited by inkberry; 2017-06-07 at 12:43 PM.