Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by elrot View Post
    I love it. No idea why this thread seems to be 50% people finding random reasons to complain about the mount. Does nobody want to be happy with anything Blizzard does?
    It's too large and obtrusive. I don't want to be an undertaker. Plus, it only really makes sense for the Unholy DKs. Even then, its a stretch as the undead raised come from the ground. The coffin feels like an inclusion by someone who doesn't play a DK would add.

Quote Originally Posted by Koochulu View Post
    It's too large and obtrusive. I don't want to be an undertaker. Plus, it only really makes sense for the Unholy DKs. Even then, its a stretch as the undead raised come from the ground. The coffin feels like an inclusion by someone who doesn't play a DK would add.
    Be happy you didnt get a derp-drake like warriors.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

The coffin looks retarded, like did they think it was cool but not quite edgy enough?

Deleted
    I think it's rather unfair other classes get multiple independent color variants while we get one mount that changes color with spec. All my transmog sets are classic DK blue, but suddenly that's only the purview of Frost spec.

The mount looks amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    My issue still stands: the textures look low Rez, eapecially on the wings and the back. The concept of the mount is cool and awesome, but it looks like the skin textures are a first pass compared to all the other mount textures... hell, even compared to the other frostwyrmd from wotlk, and those models are 7 years old.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    My issue still stands: the textures look low Rez, eapecially on the wings and the back. The concept of the mount is cool and awesome, but it looks like the skin textures are a first pass compared to all the other mount textures... hell, even compared to the other frostwyrmd from wotlk, and those models are 7 years old.
    Totally agree i am perfectly fine with the mount but it looks dated texture wise

Bumping since the quest unlocks tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    Bumping since the quest unlocks tomorrow
    It's already active.

And I already tired of the mount. It looks worse than the old ICC drakes imho.
    That it changes color depending on spec also is quite annoying, at least if you change specs often. Doesn't fit my blood mog at all .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I agree, also the casting animation. Why couldt we raise our wpn like we do with howling blast or something?

Secret achievement if you slay all ruby dragons during this quest chain in ruby sanctum when you reach that part

Deleted
    total garbage: it has less bones than the icc one, textures looks older than icc, head animations are quite inexistent, the color changing thing is retarded. have you noticed that the mount saddle have a skull on a column that's supposed for your hands but end being up your ass? i'm leaving the quest for when i'm less angry. at least it fits with the total vintage crap our class hall is

Some interesting lore parts during the DK mount quest. Liked the part where the Lich King sends us in the frozen wastes:

It is here... I can feel it. Your supplies have likely frozen. I sense feral undead buried in the ice. It seems the time has come to test your will.
    Of course, should you fail to survive, know that i shall claim Acherus for my own. Arthas may have sought revenge on the citadel, but i have... other plans.
    Guess we are stopping him from doing his own stuff? And i think he is slowly turning into the old LK.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Some interesting lore parts during the DK mount quest. Liked the part where the Lich King sends us in the frozen wastes:

Guess we are stopping him from doing his own stuff? And i think he is slowly turning into the old LK.
    I'm also wondering what Amal'thazad has been up to. Where are his loyalties, and why did he have the "complete communication" with the Lich King before the Deathlord?

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post

Oh shit that's fucking awesome. As the Lich King's representative I'd outright give Acherus to him, not sure why he'd have to claim it after my guy died.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    Secret achievement if you slay all ruby dragons during this quest chain in ruby sanctum when you reach that part
    I can confirm. The achievement name is Unholy Determination

Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    I can confirm. The achievement name is Unholy Determination
    Interesting note, once you obtain the achievement The Lich King whispers you: You are empty inside, just like me.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    On a side note, has anyone been able to buy the battle pets? I have Power Ascended and 52 traits in all my weapons but I can't find those damn little whelplings available for purchase anywhere.

Edit: I found the vendor. He's a ghoul named Slimy that is standing next to the portal that takes you to the top of Acherus
    Last edited by Siraeyou; 2017-06-06 at 05:43 PM.

It looks like complete absolute garbage.

The textures, even on Ultra settings are super stretched, the meshes clearly crap on the textures in many places and what the fuck is up with that coffin? Did they just think "Oh yea, this is specific to DKs, might as well add it, let's make a salad".

The colors are super faded and it looks like a mount from 2005.

Not that I expect most people to NOT like it, since, I guess, for most, it's fine, but what the hell...

I can honestly say the questline for the mount was awesome, total fun from start to finish, especially with the feat of strength in Ruby sanctum and the stacking buff on the last stage that made you move and hit like crazy. Too bad the mount itself is utter low-res garbo. I won't be dropping my ember wyrm anytime soon, it seems.