Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    It's why issues involving a post WWII Russia are taken as seriously as they are these days. Even if they were allies during the conflict, the brutality of the Soviet military against Germany and the rest of Europe is nothing to downplay.

There is little stopping Putin from becoming as infamous as Stalin if the rest of the world were to turn a blind eye. Fortunately or unfortunately, there are people willing to die in order to reveal the truth. It's also why fascist zealots get little respect from me.
    Weird considering the left is full of them now.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    On the side of nazi Germany.
    IIRC it switched sides part way through like Italy/Hungary (and to a lesser extent France, but it doesn't really count as being allied with Germany when they're militarily occupying you).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    That is a silly assessment.
    He's basically correct, at the point in time when Germany invaded the USSR they were incapable of defeating them (even if they took Moscow), the war was effectively over at that point, even if Britain had signed a truce with Germany and the USA decided never to intervene it would only have extended the timescale of Germany's defeat not saved them, Hitler overestimated his ability to defeat the USSR by an order of magnitude.

Deleted
    after USSR attacked them......

15+ Year Old Account
    As a co-belligerent, not an ally. Sweden was in a way a co-belligerent of Germany, too.

What does this have to do with what I said anyway? Right, nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    As a co-belligerent, not an ally. Sweden was in a way a co-belligerent of Germany, too.

What does this have to do with what I said anyway? Right, nothing.
    Well, one interesting thing is that Finland in WW2 got their asses kicked by both Russia and Germany.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Its crazy how Europes grandparents fought these wars for peace, like it would be the war to end it all and they sacrificed everything. Nowadays their grandchildren/offspring are weak pieces of shit that just sit and let polticians they didn't vote for put them in a position just waiting for terrorism (ie reducing police force/political correctness with racism and religious ideals), and many more just get their joy in getting offended and triggered yet do nothing about it. Wait until an act of terrorism happens in Australia or New Zealand and see the backlash on that community, it wont happen again or they'll ALL pay the price.
    Last edited by fixit; 2017-06-06 at 09:26 AM.

Well, one interesting thing is that Finland in WW2 got their asses kicked by both Russia and Germany.
    I'm not even going to argue about this but I'll ask the same thing as Puupi already did:

What does this have to do with what he said anyway? Right, nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fixit View Post
    Wait until an act of terrorism happens in Australia or New Zealand and see the backlash on that community, it wont happen again.
    Will you guys send sheep after them?

Deleted
    The "interesting" part is how few of the sum total actually died on the battlefield.

And I believe in relation to population numbers, there have been worse wars in antiquity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    I'm not even going to argue about this but I'll ask the same thing as Puupi already did:

What does this have to do with what he said anyway? Right, nothing.
    Ashamed of being Nazi collaborators? You should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Japan made the fatal error of waking the sleeping lion.

- - - Updated - - -

It wasn't just Jewish people that were systematically killed in the German death camps.
    The error japan did was attacking a dutch colony so they got an oil embargo on them. No oil import made resources slimer.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Hear, hear!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    Will you guys send sheep after them?
    Hahahahahaha!
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Hear, hear!
    Did I say we weren't siding with the Axis? Because we most definitely were. Happy?

Now, please do tell me how was this relevant to
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Oh it's the old video that completely forgot that Finland took part in WW2.
    In no way right? The video is for whatever reason excluding Finland's participation and losses in the war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    In no way right? The video is for whatever reason excluding Finland's participation and losses in the war.
    It also excludes the POWs and jews they handed over to the nazis for execution, so maybe its a break even kind of thing.

Also it isn't much of a video so why worry about it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    It also excludes the POWs and jews they handed over to the nazis for execution, so maybe its a break even kind of thing.
    Eh....Finland handed 9 jews to Germany. Also if it excludes Finnish deaths, surely it excludes Soviet deaths against Finland. That means there are millions of people excluded from that video.

Also it isn't much of a video so why worry about it?
    Worry? Just mentioning a fact.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post

- - - Updated - - -

He's basically correct, at the point in time when Germany invaded the USSR they were incapable of defeating them (even if they took Moscow), the war was effectively over at that point, even if Britain had signed a truce with Germany and the USA decided never to intervene it would only have extended the timescale of Germany's defeat not saved them, Hitler overestimated his ability to defeat the USSR by an order of magnitude.
    I disagree. If those conditions highlighted did happen, Germany would have defeated the Russians. His generals were horrified he attacked Russian when they were still at war with Britain. They would not have been if the Brits had signed a peace treaty. Germany could not devote all of their resources on the Eastern front when they were still at war with Britain and what really sealed their fate was America entering the war against them.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    China didn't even stand a chance against japan back then.
    We all agree that Japan can easily take over China's temporary capital.
    However, why it didn't do it?

Japan has two choices, attack Russia or attack Southeastern Asia.
    Did it choice the wrong one?

Looking back, Germany can easily conquer UK/Russia if it did this or that.
    It is always easy to be a backseat driver.

Deleted
    From that video, how come we are not saying that the Poles were being exterminated in WW2? It claims over 16% of total population was exterminated, yet be are led to believe that jews are real victims?
    8:00 mark of the video. Of those 6 million jews who died, nearly half of them were Polish.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I disagree. If those conditions highlighted did happen, Germany would have defeated the Russians. His generals were horrified he attacked Russian when they were still at war with Britain. They would not have been if the Brits had signed a peace treaty. Germany could not devote all of their resources on the Eastern front when they were still at war with Britain and what really sealed their fate was America entering the war against them.
    Even if Hitler had made peace with Britain before launching his invasion of the USSR his troops would still have been halted and pushed back, they would just have gotten further first, afterwards it would have been the same as normal with the Soviet blitzkrieg steamrolling its way into Germany. His only chance would have been to attack the USSR earlier in the war, before Britain/France/Belgium.

The US entering the war in Europe didn't really have much of an effect on the outcome as Germany's fate was sealed already at that point, it just accelerated the outcome. The big factor was the US entering the war in the Pacific (which it didn't really get a choice in) as this meant the Japanese couldn't mount an invasion of the USSR while fighting the USA and it allowed the USSR to throw everything at Germany, at which point Germany had no chance.
    Last edited by caervek; 2017-06-07 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    ...and it allowed the USSR to throw everything at Germany, at which point Germany had no chance.
    ~1 million of soldiers were kept in USSR's Far East ready to fight Japan. So no, it didn't allow to throw everything. Also, US was mainly involved in naval/air battles. Ground attack from Manchuria was still possible, especially if Moscow/Stalingrad would have fallen. And it was anticipated by Soviet Command.