Page 60 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What spec should I use for farming heroics to gear up and do world quests? The builds in the guide don't work anymore.

Deleted
    They work fine ,just equip more haste

Στάλθηκε από το SGP621 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by njams View Post
    What spec should I use for farming heroics to gear up and do world quests? The builds in the guide don't work anymore.
    31-2-13 will do you well for WQs and dungeons. The - being personal preference

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    31X2213

IMO, Burning Rush is mandatory for farming instances. Quite literally, since without it the pugs would often kick you out or start the boss fight before you get there (leaving you outside the boss room).

Deleted
    Are there any sims out for the Warlock specs? Now that we have a release candidate, it would be really nice to know where to put the additional AP.

I'm especially curious about how Affli competes against the "new" destro now.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    31X2213

IMO, Burning Rush is mandatory for farming instances. Quite literally, since without it the pugs would often kick you out or start the boss fight before you get there (leaving you outside the boss room).

Thnx boys!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't been here since Feb but I see that Effigy is FINALLY being removed. After so long. After so many complaints. It only took them over half a year to extinguish this abomination of a talent.

Jesus Christ. I am so glad I don't have to think about shit like this anymore. Let loose a cry of relief, and for your sakes, I hope it gets replaced with something that doesn't require ridiculous macros & Weak Auras for frustratingly middle-of-the-road results! Fuck you, Effigy! You won't be missed!

(Mages, followed by Warlocks; Who's next to get the stationary bastardized turret talent I wonder?)
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

So my guild has me swapping from boomkin to warlock (which I'm fine with as I mained lock up until legion). Fianlly got whispers on him and i had one question:

1) If you get it proc immediately on the opener do you hold soul harvest till after the debuff part drops off bc the debuff to haste should take up more of your SH time then the fading end of the buff part... or if it procs a little early do you just start your SH burst a couple seconds earlier without agony fully stacked (I unfortunately do not have helm)

Any help answering this question would be appreciated

I thought Agony in 7.2.5 will now stack up to 15 only (was 20). Somehow I can't find this change in the patch notes. What's going on with Agony next patch?

Deleted
    It's 15 on the PTR. If it wasn;t it would totally overshadow Haunt and Malefic Grasp, even on single target, and would be extremely powerful on council fights.

Basically Blizz fucked up the patch notes. Like they do every.single.time.

Despite knowing how much people attach to them.

Basic story is they have reduced the value of all our lvl 15 talents, no suprise because they were so strong. Shame about Haunt though, no one will use it. Again.

Hmm MG/Cont/x/SH/x/x/Deaths Embrace builds will be some insane execute damage tho.

Think its kinda weird they aren't doing anything to the lvl90 row.
    We'll see how it turns out, the 20% flat damage increase might make up for alot of the concerns people had after the MG/SoC/WoC damage 'changes'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    It's 15 on the PTR. If it wasn;t it would totally overshadow Haunt and Malefic Grasp, even on single target, and would be extremely powerful on council fights.

Basically Blizz fucked up the patch notes. Like they do every.single.time.

Despite knowing how much people attach to them.

Basic story is they have reduced the value of all our lvl 15 talents, no suprise because they were so strong. Shame about Haunt though, no one will use it. Again.
    Not sure about haunt though, 20% vs 25% bonus is minor I think as you don't need to channel and the Haunt cast is basically another UA worth of dmg, but 10s duration is very short sadly.

Casting UA, Haunt, UA, UA, etc. with 20% haste gives about 6.5s UA duration and 1.2s casting time. Though travel time will probably eat 1 tick of the first UA.
    T -1.2s UA
    T 0s Haunt
    T1.2 UA
    T1.95s Haunt hits?
    T2.4 UA
    T3.6 UA
    T11.3 last ua tick.
    T11.95 Haunt buff ends
    It's going to be an interesting next reset before ToS to experiment and let the TheoryCrafters(tm) sim the hell out of everything .
    Last edited by mmocee9aeb2a21; 2017-06-12 at 07:18 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah but don;t forget they reduced Haunt's upfront damage and duration as well as it;s damage bonus.

The 30% multiplier to 20% is a 30% nerf.
    They reduced the upfront damage from 800%sp to 500% is just under 40% nerf
    The duration from 15 seconds to 10 second is a 30% nerf

Haunt was looking good at the start of PTR cycle but I don;t see it competing much with Writhe or MG now. At the start on PTR it looked like a good choice for doing at least a little burst because Haunt hit quite hard and allowed a full UA dump within it;s duration. Haunt was also fine for high movement because if you watched what you were doing you could do a haunt-dot-dump before moving and let it do it;s thing without further attention. Neither of these are true now. For standing still MG is better, for lot sof movement or multi-target Writhe is better. Haunt just seems to be a spare hanging around and you have to manage another cooldown and duration window

They seem absolutely determined that affliction will not do "burst" under any circumstance, despite admitting a few months ago that Wow-2017 heavily favours upfront burst damage.

I'd guess Haunt's main function would be in dungeons, for exmaple on trash you can reset the cooldown, so on say Bolstering you could use that. But I suspect that MG would win there, whilst in other affixes, Writhe would.

Yeah i was interested in using Haunt before the weird overnerfs. But my guess is as you suggest Neb. I think Blizz wants us to use different talents in different situations. Haunt in dungeons, Writhe in council fights, MG everywhere else?

That can be lots of fun. It can fight off spec fatigue to have it play differently in different situations. I do like it in theory. Such a shame when talents go to a complete waste.

What I'm wondering is if Soul Conduit has any use anymore. Under what conditions would one take it once the patch hits? Lovers of RNG?
    Last edited by Liarparadox; 2017-06-12 at 11:39 PM.

Deleted
    I'd guess soul Conduit is a kind of "jack of all trades" talent, you could still use it in dungeons

SC for parsing...

Problem with not taking MG; what else are you gonna do when you have your dots up?
    Esp. on pure ST fights you'll still end up draining anyway after you got Haunt, Agony, Corr (SL) and a couple UA's up so might as well take MG..

Unless you have to move fairly regularly. If they end up close I'll probably take writhe for everything honestly. My guild isn't super hard core, and I'm not a huge fan of playing a turret.

SC for parsing...
    Seems like it. Bet this very thing is what drives TONS of people to take it, "hey, most of the top parses are SC, that must be the best to use..."

Found a bug on ptr. If you equip new ring and then uneuquip it you will lose DE talent, but after boss hp will reach 35% you will deal increased damage like with talent. Wonder if this bug will be on live, granting that Blizzard tend to ignore real bug reports and feedback my bet is yes.