Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see the use for it. Both are small zones which you can also navigate at max level fairly quickly and easily.

I'd much rather see flying for Eversong/Ghostlands/Azuremist/Bloodmist, but tbh, I don't really care that much about those either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    It didn't make sense to fly on TI when this thread was current 2 years ago, and it doesn't make sense now. You could go from one end to the other in about 15 seconds, it would absolutely trivialize the place.
    And that is bad because.... ? The zone is "trivialized" a long time ago.. flying would just make it easier to get around for those who are after all these years still farming some items or achievements...

It's trivial to kill the mobs, or ride past them. It still takes time and requires a bit of effort. Flying is the epitome of zero effort when you do it in outdated content. You fly to a spot, drop in, one-shot, loot, fly away. They probably want you to burn some time farming.

Not to mention it's probably not built for flying, so to make it so would be a waste of efforts.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    It would be fine for the Timeless Isle..But the Isle of thunder... Eh not so much.

Before they broke it's use there, you could use the Feather of Aviana to fly around the island, and Lei Shen's palace isn't rendered at all from the sky down. Going anyhwere near it lead to funny things such as falling through the world, the Palace it's self vanishing, and other sillyness.

To make flying work in the Isle of Thunder would require the same thing it would take to make flying available in the Draenei and Blood Elf areas, so don't' expect that happening any time soon.
    I think some areas were phased, based on questing, yes.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Its LITERALLY a fucking buff that prevents you from flying. Remove buff... flying enabled.
    Even if it's simple from a programming point of view, it's not from a gameplay point of view.
    Nearly everything is connected in an MMO.

And why do you want to fly in a zone designed specifically with NO flight in mind?

Want things faster and easier? Keep whining. You'll get it! Promise.
    You might not like the game anymore by then, though.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Deleted
    While I am a pro-flyer, I honestly don't care if they add flying to these areas. Yes, it would be a bit more convenient to get to Ordos and Nalak, but on the other hand, these areas are outdated, anyway and I seldom go there (lack of time). So I am indifferent.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Open it up for Azuremyst and Bloodmyst Isles too.

As for Silvermoon City? It's time. Just suck it up and do it! Stormwind got its crater fixed afterall.
    Last edited by Chain Chungus; 2017-06-06 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Since wanting Flying in Timeless Isle is obviously so you can farm X, Y and Z faster/easier, how about Blizzard just makes things easier to farm, instead of ruining the gameplay intended for the place?
    Exactly. Have Kael and Lich King etc standing just inside the raid, so yo just poke your head in and 2 shot them (4 for LK) and be on your way.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Let's not waste dev time working on legacy things. I'd rather they make sure catastrophies like the 7.2 Broken Shore Class Mount campaign does not happen ever again in the future.

some zone deserves flying...but not all ^^
    I'd like to fly everywhere indeed but i can understand the restrictions

yay another stupid request from casuals soloing old content...

Why not flying in raids and dungeons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Donald View Post

As for Silvermoon City? It's time. Just suck it up and do it! Stormwind got its crater fixed afterall.
    Would have to reconstruct Silvermoon almost entirely, if not entirely. Have you seen what it looks like, when people managed to get ontop/behind Silvermoon? It's just smoke and mirrors in there, making it appear 3d when you are in the streets of the city.

Then there are the zones surrounding Silvermoon that would have to be at least partially remade as well.

It's possible the same would apply to large parts of Thunder Isle as well, but Timeless Isle is probably fine.
    Last edited by Santti; 2017-06-06 at 12:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Donald View Post

They can't due to how the zones are made, they would have to remake them entirely

Quote Originally Posted by TooMuchLight View Post
    No, you don't need to fly in every zone in the game.
    this 10 chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Even if it's simple from a programming point of view, it's not from a gameplay point of view.
    Nearly everything is connected in an MMO.

And why do you want to fly in a zone designed specifically with NO flight in mind?

Want things faster and easier? Keep whining. You'll get it! Promise.
    You might not like the game anymore by then, though.
    Oh the script is flipped so easily for you folks.

First its soooo difficult for devs.

Now the issue is the whining (which I'm not actually doing btw... I just agreed with the OP). Why so desperate to protect outdated and irrelevant content?

Its the "no flight in mind" that is really MY personal issue. Why are they so desperate to selectively take away and then give back flight? If it was such a bad idea then remove it... we'll adjust. But this back and forth is tiresome. This mount works here, this one doesn't, etc. They have no qualms with pissing off an entire class each and every xpac with their constant redesigns. Remove waterstriders... remove flying mounts... but quit coming up some lame ass excuse as to why we shouldn't want/need it for (x)content at a specific time, but why we may want it for (y)content at a later time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Its the "no flight in mind" that is really MY personal issue. Why are they so desperate to selectively take away and then give back flight?
    I agree it is stupid, and from the moment you learn how to fly nothing should ever prevent you from flying in outdoor world.
    Consequences? Bring it! Zap me every X seconds while flying in Thunder Isles. Make flying really slow in Timeless Isle due to time distortion, etc.
    Magically prevent me from flying? Stupid.

That being said, it's the way some zones are designed, and removing the restriction trivializes the zones beyond stupidity.

Beyond the obvious gameplay trivialization, whatever prestigious/rare/cool rewards are obtained from zones that do not allow flying would become handouts, and either those rewards wouldn't be prestigious/rare/cool at all, or Blizzard would nerf the rate at which you obtain them to even things out.
    Either way, it will always lead to MORE whining, because there are all sorts of players who value different sides of the same coin.

I'm against simply switching on Flying where the game is not designed for it.
    How would flying in Arenas or Battlegrounds be? Stupid?
    What if it's just for brackets of previous expansions? Just as stupid.
    Now, if Blizzard is willing to put in the resources to make a no-flight content become meant for Flying, I'm completely fine with it.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2017-06-06 at 05:11 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Maybe.... maybe not.... these are the questions that need to be answered.