Page 1 of 68
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

James Comey testimony: Date, time and how to watch Trump hearing on TV and online

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a7774751.html

James Comey testimony: Date, time and how to watch Trump hearing on TV and online''Former FBI director James B. Comey will testify under oath before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday 8 June, a highly-anticipated political event which could have negligible impact or could just be the catalyst for the beginning of President Trump impeachment steps.

Mr Comey's testimony is set to begin at 10am ET in D.C. (3pm BST in the UK), will be made public and should be very easy to watch.

The Independent will be carrying it live on our Facebook page, with live streams also expected on YouTube.

As for televised coverage, ABC and CBS have already confirmed they will break up their daytime programming to bring Americans the testimony live, anchored by George Stephanopoulos and Charlie Rose respectively.

In the UK, BBC News will broadcast the hearing and we've contacted the BBC to find out if the coverage will also make it onto BBC One or Two.

Mr Comey's testimony comes pursuant to a meeting with newly appointed special counsel for the Russia investigation and former FBI colleague Robert Mueller, who it is possible may have asked Mr Comey's testimony comes pursuant to a meeting with newly appointed special counsel for the Russia investigation and former FBI colleague Robert Mueller, who it is possible may have asked Mr Comey not to discuss matters classified and pertinent to his investigation.

Nevertheless, Mr Comey will likely be pressed by the committee on whether President Trump asked him to pledge loyalty and to end the probe into Michael Flynn. There will also be questions about the studious memos of Trump interactions Mr Comey reportedly kept, which could lead to more revelations not already exposed by The New York Times.

The US Dollar has hit a seven-month low ahead of the testimony.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Mr. Comey's testimony comes pursuant to a meeting with newly appointed special counsel for the Russia investigation and former FBI colleague Robert Mueller, who it is possible may have asked Mr. Comey not to discuss matters classified and pertinent to his investigation."

Sounds like he won't be able to say much of anything.

This is going to turn into a political shit show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    This is going to turn into a political shit show.
    I have called in m cruisers. @Venant also has creative control of those if he so chooses

But in all seriousness I cannot expect much if he cant discuss classified materials.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I have called in m cruisers. @Venant also has creative control of those if he so chooses

But in all seriousness I cannot expect much if he cant discuss classified materials.
    Agree - but he will likely be asked whether he three times denied that Trump was investigated and the possible pledge of loyalty to Trump, at least the first doesn't seem like a classified question - as lying isn't a crime that FBI investigates (unless under oath etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wonder what will be said

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    I love how CNN had a countdown timer for this.....how pathetic.
    Typical wouldn't you say?
    Did they have one for the other hearing in 2016? Some people wanted Comey's head on a platter back then.

15+ Year Old Account
    can you hear the circus music yet waiting for the clown cars myself
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Typical wouldn't you say?
    Did they have one for the other hearing in 2016? Some people wanted Comey's head on a platter back then.
    Why so much negativity? Good fortune to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    I love how CNN had a countdown timer for this.....how pathetic.
    It's a pretty major event given the current state of the investigation, why wouldn't they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Got my popcorn ready.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Actually, I am just regurgitating what others have said.
    Don't blame me for the link I just did a quick google search of "democrats wanting Comey head on platter"
    http://truthfeed.com/flashback-dems-...platter/72355/

I don't even know what "truthfeed" is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's a pretty major event given the current state of the investigation, why wouldn't they?
    So was his other hearing.

neat... those cruisers were honestly crumbling away for lack of usage
    i shall call my burrito cruiser
    now, OT: were i can watch this as a chilean? on c-span?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Got my popcorn ready.
    Be ready to be disappointed. Should be used by now it's been 8 months since the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Be ready to be disappointed. Should be used by now it's been 8 months since the election.
    i just noticed your avatar. Is trumpy grabbing the statue of liberty (made in a kawaii fashion) by the pussy¿
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    So was his other hearing.
    The one from late April/early May?

Not remotely as significant as this one coming up. Between the changes within the FBI, including Comey getting shitcanned, the revelation of Comey having detailed memo's regarding incidents with Trump that he felt were irregular, the appointment of special council for the Russian investigation, the issuance of multiple subpoenas, the additional leaks and revelations...

I hope you're not implying that these two are anywhere near equal in their significance, or their appeal to viewers. Because that would be an extremely dishonest or ignorant position to hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    i just noticed your avatar. Is trumpy grabbing the statue of liberty (made in a kawaii fashion) by the pussy¿
    He is grabbing Lady Liberty (and all of America) by the Pussy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Happy Birthday Genn! Omedatou Matsuri! Be positive!

Pointing out anything anti-Trump is too negative for my blood, so let's change the subject. Happy Memorial Day!
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Comey will likely push back against trumps characterization of him but i wouldnt expecy any bombshells

In my personal canon, Comey walked halfway out of the Oval Office, turned, and said this to the Rapist President.

Bite your lip Trumpkins. This is going to hurt. A lot.