Thread: Explosive Affix

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Explosive Affix

Explosive is back this week. I had troubles with it last time in pugs, hoping people are more attentive to targets swaps this time around.

Did you have any issue with it outside of premade groups?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

The word going around on my group's Discord server is that the orbs also apply bolstering...so that is just going to be so much fun.

Any confirmation on this? I'm still at work so I won't run anything until later tonight.

If thats true, im pretty sure that they will fix it quick. Bombs applying bolstering is clearly not intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikayah View Post
    The word going around on my group's Discord server is that the orbs also apply bolstering...so that is just going to be so much fun.

Any confirmation on this? I'm still at work so I won't run anything until later tonight.
    They dont. just did a 7 BRH the bombs didn't bolster,

Quote Originally Posted by tohm View Post
    They dont. just did a 7 BRH the bombs didn't bolster,
    The bombs themselves didn't get the buff, or they did not apply the buff when they were killed? Either one sounds like a horrible bug, so I can totally see it slipping by QA.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    my only problem with bolstering is that they cannot be killed with AoE abilities when you are targeting them

For example: on my prot warrior, if I want to kill the orb and have CD on shield slam and target the orb and press revenge, it do no damage to it

It's fine they don't die from random AoE but they should at least die from AOE ability when you are targeting them

Agreed, for prot warriors (I play one too) all you can really do is auto-swing at it if SS is on CD. I guess you could spec to VR and use that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Agreed, for prot warriors (I play one too) all you can really do is auto-swing at it if SS is on CD. I guess you could spec to VR and use that.
    Try putting devastate on your bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    I can put it on my bars, but since I'm specced into Devastator, it's not going to do much good.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    my only problem with bolstering is that they cannot be killed with AoE abilities when you are targeting them

For example: on my prot warrior, if I want to kill the orb and have CD on shield slam and target the orb and press revenge, it do no damage to it

It's fine they don't die from random AoE but they should at least die from AOE ability when you are targeting them
    If explosive orbs could be AOEd, it would be a ridiculously trivial affix. That said, I despise "clicking" things while in combat. Mouse buttons are for moving.

Edit: Oh now I see. you mean when you're targeting an orb and your aoe abilities have no affect on the orb your targeting. Yeah, that seems stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    Were you asleep during the last six months?

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I just wish you could at LEAST tab to them, or even more of a concession, target macro them, but you can't. They have to be manually clicked, and that's a load of shit. I'm hoping I'm wrong now and they've fixed that, but if not, it's pretty lame.

They're not an affix if you don't need any effort to counter them

This is the only affix i despise. You can't tab them, larger packs can spawn a ton without there seeming to be a limit, and you can't see them when they are hidden inside a big mob or a ton of mobs. It's all around unfun bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    They're not an affix if you don't need any effort to counter them
    First time i did this was BRH where you got packs of 5-6+ mobs Orbs everywhere cant tab to them hard to target them when they are in a pack of mobs. Not to mention on the steps with spiders. Ima skip this week like i did that week, no point anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    If a talent that is viewed subpar because it doesnt increase your throughput as much as the other talent, but it fully counters an ability that you are having trouble with, then why is it not taken? if it gets you the kill, you take it. epeening meters isn't going to help the group unless you are actually running out of time from lack of dps.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Lmao my god this made me crack up
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

"The week when no one invites affliction warlocks to the M+ pugs"
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Only issue I've had with Explosive is in high mythic+ Maw, where you cannot kill the first boss without him spawning the adds. Those adds spawn around 6 orbs pretty often and all over the place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    "The week when no one invites affliction warlocks to the M+ pugs"
    Lol, are you freaking kidding me? This is THE affliction affix, period! You do know that you can basically use them to have +20% permanent damage buff, right? Also, if you're good, you even get a shard from them. Affliction dps skyrockets because of this affix...

Of course if you're a really bad affliction lock that only has seeds bound, then you might be out of luck...

Seriously, are people just blindly complaining about game mechanics these days without even a millisecond of using their brains...