Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I feel the same way, often. When I was younger, in my teens and 20's, I was a little different, and didn't have as much of a problem with losing and starting over, but as I've gotten older, I find I prefer to play games I know I'm not going to waste my time in. So MOBA's and most multi-player games are out because I don't want to group up with people who are going to ruin the experience for me.
    The only one ruining your experience is you. There's nothing wrong with losing, and you can lose a game and have fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    The only one ruining your experience is you. There's nothing wrong with losing, and you can lose a game and can have fun. Other people aren't taking that away from you.
    I don't think the OP is talking about casual losses. I think he is talking about games that are so taxing that it is discouraging.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I don't think the OP is talking about casual losses. I think he is talking about games that are so taxing that it is discouraging.
    Well I wasn't quoting the OP. I was quoting the person who considers losing a waste of time, which isn't true. Competitive games often require losing to improve. And if someone finds losing so discouraging, thats on them. Not his teammates.

IMO life's too short to worry about whether you should like a game or not, how others perceive your enjoyment/tastes and so on and so forth.

Is it fun? Then play it.

Is it not fun? Then play/do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    Well I wasn't quoting the OP. I was quoting the person who considers losing a waste of time, which isn't true. Competitive games often require losing to improve. And if someone finds losing so discouraging, thats on them. Not his teammates.
    that's the thing. not everyone enjoys competitive games in a first place. and there is NOTHING wrong with that. there is a huge difference between not giving up on a challenge you might have trouble with in real life that is genuinely important, and beating your head against a challenge in your hobby that you took up because you wanted to relax from real life challenges in a first place.

Nintendo stuff would probably suit you. Usually has a fairly good difficulty cure, and the newest stuff often has an easy mode (Mario Kart just put in a steering correction, fail a Mario level enough times you can skip it, etc.))

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    that's the thing. not everyone enjoys competitive games in a first place. and there is NOTHING wrong with that. there is a huge difference between not giving up on a challenge you might have trouble with in real life that is genuinely important, and beating your head against a challenge in your hobby that you took up because you wanted to relax from real life challenges in a first place.
    I agree there's nothing wrong with that. Play what you like. Never said otherwise.

How about you play so called point and click adventure game? Most of them are story driven, but avoid ones with puzzles if that could make you exhausted. Just play games where you cannot really win or lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Deleted
    Thank you all for your advice, whether that be to try other things or whether to 'git gud' - all are valid points. I've decided to pursue some further education over my break from University and advance my programming by taking on more advanced c++. Hopefully I will return to gaming but for now I will take a break. Thanks for all your help guys