"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    [IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/3132c1a9423aa6d037619ff707b732dc/tumblr_nysc5t3Xcc1tlyjpto1_500.gif[IMG]
    i need to watch that sometime. just started shomin sample and so far through ep 3 red head the best. although omega good job karen, nsfw http://i.imgur.com/v4kCH3b.png

these mysterious beams of light are bothering me though. i wonder if the bluray clears some of them up. also fitting since etotama has that 4th wall breaking scene about removing the mysterious beams of light.

til that the shomin sample blurays do remove the beams of light but the autistic loli has no nipples
    Last edited by bals; 2017-06-06 at 07:47 AM.

Thanks for the quote, bals.

I guess I can understand your line of thinking, Neichus, but I can't say I agree with it. From my (late night) understanding, by the virtue of not having some deeper meaning, or philosophical point, or other various "higher purpose", a thing cannot be a 10/10 on your scale? When I look at, say, Mad Max: Fury Road, I think part of the reason I enjoyed it so much was because it didn't try to do a billion things at once; instead, it focused on action, a narrow plot, and was simply fun. To try and shoe horn in something like what you're looking for would hurt the movie... I feel like this desire to find something like that in media is needlessly limiting. If a thing is enjoyable to the point of declaring it a masterpiece, without criticism... well, that sounds like a 10/10 to me. But it's your scale and not mine, I guess.

shomin sample 5 is getting way 2 meta 4 me http://i.imgur.com/ph3MGsD.png not really spoilers?
    Last edited by bals; 2017-06-06 at 08:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Name the animes that those charactes are from:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Name the animes that those charactes are from:
    http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...62/390/621.jpg
    Oregairu
    Steins;Gate
    Retard: Zero
    dunno
    Baka Test
    Jojo's 2
    Naruto
    dunno
    Himegoto
    Ryuugajou Nananananananananananananananana

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Oregairu
    Steins;Gate
    dunno
    Baka Test
    Jojo's 2
    Naruto
    dunno
    Himegoto
    Fourth one is Danganronpa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Oregairu
    Steins;Gate
    dunno
    Baka Test
    Jojo's 2
    Naruto
    dunno
    Himegoto
    7 is Numbers. (or Nanbaka)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    Thanks, it's actually a double ticket so I have a spare depending if my friend can come or not.
    Just know that if your friend can't come, I probably would be too "scared" to go alone on multiple flights rofl
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Didn't they already make that? And much like some of the best anime out there, it never got a second season either.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Texhnolyze – 9/10
    It's not bad, is it? On a serious note though, good review as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I guess I can understand your line of thinking, Neichus, but I can't say I agree with it. From my (late night) understanding, by the virtue of not having some deeper meaning, or philosophical point, or other various "higher purpose", a thing cannot be a 10/10 on your scale? When I look at, say, Mad Max: Fury Road, I think part of the reason I enjoyed it so much was because it didn't try to do a billion things at once; instead, it focused on action, a narrow plot, and was simply fun. To try and shoe horn in something like what you're looking for would hurt the movie... I feel like this desire to find something like that in media is needlessly limiting. If a thing is enjoyable to the point of declaring it a masterpiece, without criticism... well, that sounds like a 10/10 to me. But it's your scale and not mine, I guess.
    Well, you and I are operating on different metrics. My search is for, lack of a better term, Art (with a capital A).

I do not believe art is entirely subjective. In modern times we have dug down, dug deep, and tried to mine out every possible direction that could exist for art. We have tried everything, then taken it to a ridiculous extreme. For instance, once we began to reach a point that we had maxed out our ability to realistically portray the world, we explored other options. We dipped into our impressions, rather than pure accuracy. We pushed it further and further, with more of us and less of the world contained in each stage. However, at some point we reach an impasse: is this any longer art?

Along the way, something is lost. In the great leveling of values and standards that typifies the (post)modern era people have come to the belief that art is purely subjective. That what is art is simply a fad, a temporary expression of whatever is most popular at the time. After all, if somebody can get an award for putting a crucifix in a jar and peeing in it, art must surely be dead. All that's left is personal opinion, and who can challenge that? "I liked it, therefore it was good" is the ultimate conversation stopper.

However, I think this is itself simply a stage. After trying all this we have come to realize something: it did not endure. This "art" did not speak to people, did not resonate. It was experimentation and egotism and ultimately chaff in the wind. Whatever most of it was, it was not art. The curious truth is that whatever art is, it is recognizable but not definable. This is not as egregious a sin as it sounds, since in truth little is definable the way we believe it is (but this is a topic for another conversation). As such, the best we can do is be on the lookout for it, attempt to analyze some of its characteristics, but ultimately resign ourselves to never being able to draw a line and declare that true art only lies on one side.

Anyway, that is a long introduction as to why I am disagreeing with you. I do not believe that enjoyment is the only, or even the primary, measure by which art should be judged. So when I watch anime, I recognize much of it is for pure entertainment, and that is okay (I'm about to finish FMP: Fumoffu today). Everything that humans ever produce doesn't have to be the highest art. And indeed, as you point out aspiring to that would be nonsensical; Fumoffu is effective precisely because it is pointless and flippant, not because it explores the deep psychological dynamic between Souske and Chidori. Entertainment has its place, but it shouldn't be mistaken for anything else.

When I put a series at 9+, it indicates I think it has something of lasting value to it. From the visuals to the ideas to the direction, there is something about it which I would argue is not entirely ephemeral. Being a single human that I am, I am not confident that my ability to judge things encompasses all possible expressions. Indeed, I have spent some time of late trying to learn about cinematography, and trying to put another piece of the puzzle together. There are doubtless many more aspects which I am not attuned to; the best I can do is go by what I know for sure, with a special 10/10 nod to those I felt were particularly relevant to me.

Let's begin the seasonal "to-watch". Here's a summer 2017 chart for reference.

- Fate/Apocrypha
    - Hajimete no Gal ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    - Kakegurui
    - Koi to Uso
    - Jikan no Shihaisha
    - Shoukoku no Altair
    - Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e
    - Vatican Kiseki Chousakan

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post

- Fate/Apocrypha
    - Hajimete no Gal ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    - Kakegurui
    - Koi to Uso
    - Jikan no Shihaisha
    - Shoukoku no Altair
    - Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e
    - Vatican Kiseki Chousakan
    Clione no Akari
    Fate/Apocrypha
    Isekai Shokudou
    Kakegurui
    Knight's & Magic (don't judge me)
    Koi to Uso
    Netsuzou Trap -NTR-
    Monogatari
    Princess Principal
    Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e

Left-overs:
    Re:Creators

Shorts:
    Aho Girl
    Tsurezure Children

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    18if
    Battle Girl High School
    Centaur no Nayami
    Clione no Akari
    Fate/Apocrypha
    Gamers!
    Hajimete no Gal
    Isekai Shokudou
    Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni.
    Knight's & Magic
    Netsuzou Trap -NTR-
    New Game!!
    Owarimonogatari (Ge)
    Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ
    Tenshi no 3P!
    Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e

Shorts:
    Aho-Girl
    Musashino!
    Nora to Oujo to Noraneko Heart
    Teekyuu 9

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    Just know that if your friend can't come, I probably would be too "scared" to go alone on multiple flights rofl
    Was like that on my first flight but it's pretty chill tbh.
    Not having crying babies on board helps.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to type it out, but choosing the few I won't try out is too much effort.
    [CENTER]

can't even fucking complete the DK mount questline.
    how is blizzard still fucking up such easy shit after 10 years

also happy birthday to whoevers birthday was the 5th or 7th

shomin sample 7
    Spoiler: 

dayum karen's outfit. also that after credit scene
    Last edited by bals; 2017-06-07 at 06:42 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Last night I had a dream where Shouko was helping teach me sign language

feels bad man

Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    Won ticket for aqours second live tour in September so hello Japan
    Lucky bastard. What city?

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post

feels bad man
    Such a qt <3

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post

feels bad man

Lucky bastard. What city?
    Saitama, the one with the most seats.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni