Thread: Dos nerf

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    dont ask me how (cloak already isnot used many times with some gear combinations that favor belt, bracer, feet or even pdrydaz), but is the result in SimC that Kelade has
    It seems like a lot of the lege's aren't as huge of a dps increase as they once were.. This is nice though cause it allows for more variety in what you can wear.

The thing I will miss most about DoS is losing that 3 seconds of non-GCD locked freedom to scratch an itch, take a quick sip of coffee, or change position in my chair if need be!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Helm is better than Cloak in upcoming patch? How come?
    Helm has been better than Cloak for the entire expansion. While the two sim extremely close together, the Helm is a static effect, not a buff that needs to be maintained, which makes it much better in practical situations.

In 7.2.5, the rage gain from the Helm (and new Pants) help make up for the loss of T19's Enrage benefits, making it much better than it is currently (it also replaces a significantly weaker tier piece of T20, rather than T19).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    It seems like a lot of the lege's aren't as huge of a dps increase as they once were.. This is nice though cause it allows for more variety in what you can wear.
    A lot of the direct DPS gain legendaries (damage buffs, resource generation, etc) were nerfed to curb their potential, while all the utility legendaries were given extra stats to raise their competitiveness.

The Hat + non-tier legendary combinations are used for this very reason - the stats boost from the utility legendaries and ability to wear better itemized tier pieces make up for the Cape's damage buff.

Archimtiros, what do you think about Legendary helm and massacre ring combo, will it beat the helm-legs combo ? Sounds pretty solid to have frothing berseker for 80% of the fight, and the massacre fluidity on execute, + the rage gain every execute crit/rampage…
    Anyone had a chance to try it ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihatepanda View Post
    Archimtiros, what do you think about Legendary helm and massacre ring combo, will it beat the helm-legs combo ? Sounds pretty solid to have frothing berseker for 80% of the fight, and the massacre fluidity on execute, + the rage gain every execute crit/rampage…
    Anyone had a chance to try it ?
    "I can say right now that Helm+Pants are currently the best legendaries with T20, as the increased rage generation is fairly crucial to maintaining good Enrage uptime. Pants+Ring is another good combination for prioritizing Execute damage, but at the moment falters in terms of overall damage - statistical tuning on the ring could influence this, but I have doubts it'll match Helm+Pants overall.

Pants+Belt is the best setup for mass AoE (such as the 5th boss/Gul'dan style fights) and Mythic+.

Regarding T20; the majority of the Inner Rage rotation won't change aside from slight prioritization (and simcraft APL) changes WRT legendary choice and maximizing the Raging Thirst buff. Frenzy is still being evaluated (read: rewriting the APL from scratch), but having played it in raid testing, I don't have very high hopes. While maintaining Frenzy itself isn't so hard, trying to juggle it, Rampage, and the Bloodthirst buff can get fairly overwhelming and has a lot of potential for failure, while the Inner Rage playstyle remains smooth as always. That said, there is some potential for Frenzy, and I'm interested in trying to make it work in non-standard situations such as maximizing burst in a Beastlord-style encounter.

The only real failing point of T20 (and the thing I've been most harping on in PTR feedback) is the Execute rotation - the loss of T19 is keenly felt. As above, while the new legendary Ring helps, the opportunity cost in using it simply doesn't feel competitive, given that it only has value for 20% of the fight. Tuning will hopefully stabilize and improve this."

that is his answer to a similiar question in the thread for his fury guide

Yep thank you !
    Realised he answered my question there -_-

I for one am glad the trinket is getting nerfed, and I think it is silly for anyone not to have expected it. I'm glad we will be able to use other trinkets again!

Fury warrior rotation in 7.2: /use 13

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Fury warrior rotation in 7.2: /use 13
    man im glad that trinket is gone soon, people reducing fury to dos really pisses me off

Deleted
    I prefer the sustained damage of other trinkets anyway. Having 2 trinks to use constantly is a bore

Quote Originally Posted by mdax View Post
    I prefer the sustained damage of other trinkets anyway. Having 2 trinks to use constantly is a bore
    Convergence will still be used until we get something better? I am not sure how a 925 convergence would stack up against the TOS trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    Convergence will still be used until we get something better? I am not sure how a 925 convergence would stack up against the TOS trinkets.
    Pretty sure even a trash CoF is competitive since the 100% crit chance every 30-40 seconds (assuming ppm stays the same) will work with the T20 2set for a 50% chance of 50% increased RB damage for 8 seconds. It'd be nice to BC often and not have to work around DoS, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    Pretty sure even a trash CoF is competitive since the 100% crit chance every 30-40 seconds (assuming ppm stays the same) will work with the T20 2set for a 50% chance of 50% increased RB damage for 8 seconds. It'd be nice to BC often and not have to work around DoS, tbh.
    I agree 100% i have serious cognitive dissonance whenever i have BC up and have to hold it for 15-20 seconds so i can line it up with DOS.

Has anyone heard of a COF nerf at all in the cards?
    Last edited by Roiids; 2017-06-06 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rectan View Post
    man im glad that trinket is gone soon, people reducing fury to dos really pisses me off
    Must be a tough existance to get pissed off so easily.

Imo, Fury is the melee equivalence of BM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Must be a tough existance to get pissed off so easily.

Imo, Fury is the melee equivalence of BM
    coming from a frost dk kk mate

Quote Originally Posted by Rectan View Post
    coming from a frost dk kk mate
    I dont play frost. Fury has no resource management. Rage is unlimited.

Deleted
    Considering I dump most my damage out during BC, I can't see CoF going away. Ever. :'(

Quote Originally Posted by mdax View Post
    Considering I dump most my damage out during BC, I can't see CoF going away. Ever. :'(
    Should I be happy i got a TF 925?

Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    Should I be happy i got a TF 925?
    NO! Bad Roiids, bad! You should not feel happy about it. You should feel very, very bad! Shame on you! Go smash rock now!

I dont know how I will feel about getting a 925 version. Better put it to good use before the nerf goes into effect lol