Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    No, because of this we now know they did attempt to hack the voting machines. We don't know the purpose, but obviously there's more information to this that's still under wraps.

It went from "Russia absolutely did not interfere wit the election at all!"

to

"Russia may have interfered with the election slightly but they didn't touch the voting machines!"

to

"Okay, Russia may have majorly interfered with the election and propaganda spread, but they didn't touch the voting machines!"

to

"Okay, Russia may have majorly interfered in the election and propaganda spread, and attempted to gain access to the voting machines as well as orchestrated phishing scams on many election officials, but they obviously didn't try to influence the vote!"

Wonder what the next phase is.
    The next phrase will be that Trump had no idea it was going on as he is being lead to jail in his orange jumpsuit in shackles.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yup because they like leaks only when its non-bombshell info that they pretend is immensely important.

Finding out that Russia was actively trying to rig election machines?

LULZHOPEYOULIKEYOURPRISONCELL
    They wren't rigging election machines though... That is literally fake news. That is what CNN does. They use buzz words like "hack the election" and people think Russia actually went to each individual voting booth and changed the tally.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    They wren't rigging election machines though... That is literally fake news.
    Good thing nobody has really said that they hacked the election results. The only people pushing that narrative are some conservatives trying to confuse and distract from the actual issues and a small group of extremists liberals. That is not something that mainstream media has ever really reported on, and it's not anything that I've really seen supported here.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Good thing nobody has really said that they hacked the election results. The only people pushing that narrative are some conservatives trying to confuse and distract from the actual issues and a small group of extremists liberals. That is not something that mainstream media has ever really reported on, and it's not anything that I've really seen supported here.
    The person I quoted did. And there was a poll that stated almost 30% of people believe Russia did that which shows the MSM's reporting has succeeded in trying to invalidate the election.

The person I quoted did.
    He didn't say they hacked them, only that they attempted to.

Which I'm not sure if the leaked report specifically confirms that they attempted to directly hack the machines themselves (I've not had a chance to fully read through it all), but it does confirm that there were multiple attempts to gain access to the voting system and that some of them were successful.

The person I quoted did. And there was a poll that stated almost 30% of people believe Russia did that which shows the MSM's reporting has succeeded in trying to invalidate the election.
    No actually @KrazyK923 didn't say that. Read it again, I will bold the word you apparently missed:

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yup because they like leaks only when its non-bombshell info that they pretend is immensely important.

Finding out that Russia was actively trying to rig election machines?

LULZHOPEYOULIKEYOURPRISONCELL
    Did you miss the word 'trying', the way you stated it was that KrazyK said it happened. He never said that.

Jesus lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    He didn't say they hacked them, only that they attempted to.

Which I'm not sure if the leaked report specifically confirms that they attempted to directly hack the machines themselves (I've not had a chance to fully read through it all), but it does confirm that there were multiple attempts to gain access to the voting system and that some of them were successful.
    There you go.

It's really interesting that the, "HURR FAKE NEWS!" crowd are always the one lying and misconstruing what other people are saying.

Lol glad I got that "fauke nuuuws leebruuls" in early.

15+ Year Old Account
    Someone seems bitter.

Your ardent support of Trump also becomes clear - you love the chaos he's causing.

Luckily the US isn't like Putin's current Kleptocracy. Putin has centered power around himself in an all too easily manipulated government that allows for such centralized power.

The US system of governance is based on the idea of separation of power. In Russia's centralized power, if the big man goes down, so too does the government itself. When the main pillar of power collapses, the whole system comes tumbling down.

Here in the US if we have a rotten limb, like the president, we just chop it off and replace it with something fresh, and move on.

I am having a field day with this. From back early in the campaign to even just a few days ago, we had so many Trumpkins saying that Russia absolutely did not try to hack the voting machines... oh and look, we have confirmation that they did.
    My ardent support of Trump? Where?

Oh c'mon, separation of power has just created a blurred elite class consisting mainly of oligarch clans, their lobbies, and their politicians. Yes, this system protects its integrity well, but that's literally the only thing it does. American establishment is unable to ever change and adapt, that's why Putin hijacked Crimea, Syrian war, and now supposedly even your elections.

Authoritarian rule has a powerful upperhand - one man can adapt and change things on the go, and Russia has always taken greatest leaps in progress under the most authoritarian rulers: Ivan the Terrible united Rus, Peter the Great built St. Petersburg and created the fleet, Vladimir Lenin set the foundation for communism and granted everyone access to free education (and electrification), and Joseph Stalin was pretty much a titan of a man, he won the war and rebuilt the country, as we say, "he came to a country with a hoe, he left it with nuclear power".

Systems with separation of power are good for stable times, but in times of turmoil, councils spend all their time and resources on infighting and debating, agreeing only on keeping the status quo. Remember, even Roman Empire had tge times of Senate and the times of Emperor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    My ardent support of Trump? Where?

Oh c'mon, separation of power has just created a blurred elite class consisting mainly of oligarch clans, their lobbies, and their politicians. Yes, this system protects its integrity well, but that's literally the only thing it does. American establishment is unable to ever change and adapt, that's why Putin hijacked Crimea, Syrian war, and now supposedly even your elections.

Authoritarian rule has a powerful upperhand - one man can adapt and change things on the go, and Russia has always taken greatest leaps in progress under the most authoritarian rulers: Ivan the Terrible united Rus, Peter the Great built St. Petersburg and created the fleet, Vladimir Lenin set the foundation for communism and granted everyone access to free education (and electrification), and Joseph Stalin was pretty much a titan of a man, he won the war and rebuilt the country, as we say, "he came to a country with a hoe, he left it with nuclear power".

Systems with separation of power are good for stable times, but in times of turmoil, councils spend all their time and resources on infighting and debating, agreeing only on keeping the status quo. Remember, even Roman Empire had tge times of Senate and the times of Emperor.
    Separation of powers can lead to oligarchs. Consolidations of power guarantees it. Russia's latest "triumphs" have all been big political blunders for small gains, and have all but set the world against Russia, which is why it's now trying to meddle in elections - because world opinions of Russia are so low that it literally has to rig up support.

And as has been pointed out numerous times, Putin's ring of oligarchs that support him is starting to crack under the pressure of sanctions, which is why he's so desperate to remove them.

The idea of Trump was very scary, but the reality is that Trump is the laughing stock of both the nation and the world. The few that support him are embarrassed. He can't even put together a full cabinet. We're guessing he secretly signed an executive order stating that for every 1 staffer you hire, 2 must either resign or be fired. The Russian interference in our election is leaking through the cracks and Putin/Trump's fingerprints all over it.

The fact that the meddling is being uncovered so quickly, and Putin gained nothing from the meddling means that it's failed. You can gloat that there was success in meddling with the elections, sure. Even healthy people get sick, then their immune system kicks the infection to the curb, which is exactly what's happening here.

No Russian sanctions were removed, despite Trump's best efforts, NATO is snowballing, and our allies in NATO realize that Trump is a sickness that will be purged, and we can get our foreign relations back on track in the next administration.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    They really must think this publication (The Intercept) because of its tenuous association with the heroic acts of Snowden would give more credibility to this absurd nonsense.

1) Create more 'Top Secret evidence' of Russian involvement (that doesn't prove any actual hacking was involved)

2) Provide an anti-Trumper access to the phony dox (who should never have had access to this kind of info)

3) Wait for dupe like TI to publish and news media to follow (which should have known better than to publish)

4) Give a collar to FBI for a ‘national security’ leak (TI would not normally have burned their source)

5) Just in time to deflect attention from Comey's upcoming investigation

Further proof that what CIA Director Casey said to Reagan in 1981 is still in effect: "We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false."

Edit: I've known that Glenn Greenwald is a founding editor of The Intercept, but I recently learned he is not an owner, a managing editor, executive editor, etc. His role there now is as a columnist and was not one of the reporters on this story. Indeed, there is no reason to believe that he had any particular knowledge of this piece before its publication.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2017-06-07 at 04:20 AM.

No, because of this we now know they did attempt to hack the voting machines. We don't know the purpose, but obviously there's more information to this that's still under wraps.
    They went for those who made some of voting machines (and in non-swing states at that) and for some voting officials.

That is quite far from "attempt to hack voting machines" - since such claim would have to show at least them obtaining source code for those machines and/or attempt to pass modified code as update into real machines. Like StuxNet did for Iranian centrifuges.

It went from "Russia absolutely did not interfere wit the election at all!"
    to
    "Russia may have interfered with the election slightly but they didn't touch the voting machines!"
    to
    "Okay, Russia may have majorly interfered with the election and propaganda spread, but they didn't touch the voting machines!"
    to
    "Okay, Russia may have majorly interfered in the election and propaganda spread, and attempted to gain access to the voting machines as well as orchestrated phishing scams on many election officials, but they obviously didn't try to influence the vote!"
    That's your narrative.

Russian claim was always that Russian interference isn't sufficiently well substantiated (even this last release is conjecture and allegations rather then facts), and the only claim officially made is that Russia wasn't involved in official capacity. Russians, being private citizens, could.

Wonder what the next phase is.
    Trump consolidating his power while you chase those wild claims, obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can tell that this leak really caught the MAGAts and their Putinist allies off guard. Watch them twist themselves into pretzels over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    They went for those who made some of voting machines (and in non-swing states at that) and for some voting officials.

That is quite far from "attempt to hack voting machines" - since such claim would have to show at least them obtaining source code for those machines and/or attempt to pass modified code as update into real machines. Like StuxNet did for Iranian centrifuges.

That's your narrative.

Russian claim was always that Russian interference isn't sufficiently well substantiated (even this last release is conjecture and allegations rather then facts), and the only claim officially made is that Russia wasn't involved in official capacity. Russians, being private citizens, could.

Of course the Russians like you are going to claim there isn't enough to substantiate the claim but we aren't as gullible as you are when you literally elected a murderous cunt in Vladimir Putin.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Of course the Russians like you are going to claim there isn't enough to substantiate the claim but we aren't as gullible as you are when you literally elected a murderous cunt in Vladimir Putin.
    You're gullible enough to elect Trump, that seems to be clearly worse.

I didn't vote for his stupid ass. My IQ doesn't go that low. And as much as I hate Trump, he hasn't had anyone killed, at least as far as I know. But Putin kills journalists and opposition leaders.

He can't even fill positions in his administration because he's toxic to the point that people don't want to work for him. He's wasting time on pseudo-signings (ATC privatization). He's burning through political capital. He threatened House members of his own party and still failed to pass the healthcare bill the first time.

And this guy is going to be consolidating power. What power? He's attempting to break the record on how fast a President can become a lame duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Putin was the one who was gullible enough to elect Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I didn't vote for his stupid ass. My IQ doesn't go that low. And as much as I hate Trump, he hasn't had anyone killed, at least as far as I know. But Putin kills journalists and opposition leaders.
    And yet you assume every Russian voted for Putin?
    ...and then if they did, they agree with each and every his action?

...in fact, with this you seem to be gullible enough to elect Trump even more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Minuteman View Post
    Apparently Putin was the one who was gullible enough to elect Trump.
    Yeah, yeah, Russia is controlling the world despite being bound to fall over any moment now!

And yet you assume every Russian voted for Putin?
    ...and then if they did, they agree with each and every his action?

...in fact, with this you seem to be gullible enough to elect Trump even more.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, yeah, Russia is controlling the world despite being bound to fall over any moment now!
    Considering how much you defend Putin and Trump in every thread about Putin and Trump, it is safe to say you voted and support Putin.