Brewmaster feels very clunky and weird?

I remember this spec being a blast in Warlords, my monk wasn't my main but he was still a lot of fun to play with. Now everything about the spec just feels really weird and clunky. Or is it just me?

The removal of Keg Toss and spinning crane kick makes snap aggro really hard unless you specced into Ox Statue and Rushing Jade Wind.

Keg Smash has an awfully long delay for the visual to appear. Although the spell will take effect immediatly, you won't see the keg animation until up to two seconds later.

Breath of Fire feels really weak and serves no purpose for tanking, only ever worth casting when there's nothing else to cast. It's just a really weak AoE that does nothing more than (mediocre) damage.

Blackout Strike has the same issue as Breath of Fire, unless specced into it, it does nothing but damage.

The mastery stat feels very... underwhelming... It's like a weird dodge rating stat.

On the other hand at least there are less abilities to use, i remember my action bar being clogged by them.

Anyone else shares a similar feeling to mine about the Brewmaster spec?

At least they made Windwalker a heck of a lot fun to play in Legion.

Deleted
    Many of your issues are solved by getting artifact traits

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSheep View Post
    The removal of Keg Toss and spinning crane kick makes snap aggro really hard unless you specced into Ox Statue and Rushing Jade Wind.
    If you're doing content that requires snap aggro for large packs, then you should be taking one or both of those talents anyways.

Breath of Fire feels really weak and serves no purpose for tanking, only ever worth casting when there's nothing else to cast. It's just a really weak AoE that does nothing more than (mediocre) damage.
    AOE 8% damage reduction serves no purpose for tanking? Are you retarded?
    Last edited by Teekey; 2017-06-05 at 05:28 AM.

The class won’t feel “complete” if you compare it to WOD when monks ( and other classes ) had more abilities which led to more options.

Quote Originally Posted by WaffleCouch View Post
    The class won’t feel “complete” if you compare it to WOD when monks ( and other classes ) had more abilities which led to more options.
    In MoP they have even more options. That feel when you can actually CARRY in pve enviroment (10 hc) was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grobovshik View Post
    In MoP they have even more options. That feel when you can actually CARRY in pve enviroment (10 hc) was amazing.
    Yea, the good ol' days .

Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    AOE 8% damage reduction serves no purpose for tanking? Are you retarded?
    Name calling serves no purpose.

Pre-talented Breath of Fire still feels lackluster. Sorry if i don't know every artifact traits of one of my alts' offspec.

Pre-talented Breath of Fire still feels lackluster. Sorry if i don't know every artifact traits of one of my alts' offspec.
    No need to get defensive, your point was irrelevant because everyone has the trait, get over it. I guess swipe and blessed hammer are also stupid spells that shouldn't exist then too? Should every tank just have 1 button called tank which when pressed makes you tank?

Neither does creating ignorant whiny rants, yet here we are.

Breath of Fire does around 20% of my damage in M+, which is hardly lackluster. You probably shouldn't insist on how clunky a class is when classes this expansion are built around artifact traits. Might as well remove a few abilities from your cast bar and complain of pruning. My hot keys still seem just as crowded, although I know I do have a few less. Still when I'm around 20 needed(plus 10 more handy) hot keys the class feels quite robust.

Brewmaster is fun for me currently. Fortunately Blizzard's fun monitoring systems caught it and they have taken the proper steps to stop the fun.

Good thing then that we had Hot Blooded at level 105 or so...
    I agree with the rest, you should not complain about a spec while leveling and having at least a few key artifact traits is the same...

Quote Originally Posted by Herogamer555 View Post
    Brewmaster is fun for me currently. Fortunately Blizzard's fun monitoring systems caught it and they have taken the proper steps to stop the fun.
    This is everything

Judging a spec without a weapon to 35 is like judging a class without being at max level. You are playing a shell of it and as a result it isn't going to be what it should be. I am not saying BrM is without issues and I also liked it more prior to Legion, but many of your complaints are based on a partial picture of the class.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Then create a post when you have a complete understanding of the spec. Like I can't believe you even thought it was a good idea to even create this. Shame on you OP. People like you are the reason this game is going to be trash.