Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Does Zarya have any feminine characteristics?

I know that she is not a female character sexualized in the game, and that she has many qualities typically "masculine", but besides that, she has some typical female characteristic? Like for example her painted nails or her tight armor on her breasts, could they be defined as something typically feminine?

She and Mei came about because of the gamergate feminists complaining that all of the females were typical female eyecandy stereotype bodies that just catered the a male audience so Blizzard caved and made a short fat girl and a big butch lesbian.

As for female characteristics, I'm pretty sure she has a vagina under her armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    boobs

Did I win?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Well, the breasts are a bit of a giveaway, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionChains View Post
    She and Mei came about because of the gamergate feminists complaining that all of the females were typical female eyecandy stereotype bodies that just catered the a male audience so Blizzard caved and made a short fat girl and a big butch lesbian.

As for female characteristics, I'm pretty sure she has a vagina under her armor.
    Mei isn't even fat...

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Mei isn't even fat...
    She is as fat as you could expect a fighter to be without risking a heart attack.

she uses eye liner and has groomed eyebrows. There are men doing this, too, but you see it more often on women.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionChains View Post

Haha, pretty decent trolling.

Zarya looks like a bodybuilder, but there is no question to what gender she's supposed to be. So yes, most of her features are feminine.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Weird question, she has all feminine characteristics really. With the addition of muscles. Hard time not thinking this as a troll post considering the OP actually made an account just for this question (and posted it twice). Probably wanted to start some kind of riot against feminists or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, she pisses off insecure gamers, so that's a good place to start, I guess.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Haha, pretty decent trolling.

Zarya looks like a bodybuilder, but there is no question to what gender she's supposed to be. So yes, most of her features are feminine.
    He is not trolling, this is exactly why they are both the way they are, gamergate was all big issue when overwatch was being finalized.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    He is not trolling, this is exactly why they are both the way they are, gamergate was all big issue when overwatch was being finalized.
    I must disagree, Blizzard has always included a large variety of characters in their games. That's why they're not all Soldier and Mercy with different equipment.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I must disagree, Blizzard has always included a large variety of characters in their games. That's why they're not all Soldier and Mercy with different equipment.
    Well...their female leads have mostly been the potential eyecandy type. Just off the top of my head:
    D2: Sorc, Amazon, Assassin. Not exactly ugly fat chicks.
    D3: Not so clear here, the female WD, Crusader and Barb aren't exactly models. The other female classes are quite standard.
    WoW: Jaina, Sylvanas, Alexstrasza, Tyrande, etc. Provided they are human enough to judge. Even Maiev her skin without the suit of armor is that of your typical pretty lithe elven woman. In general most female key characters in Warcraft have been strong, yet beautiful women. Yrel, Ysera, Liadrin, Vereesa, Azshara in elven form. Hell, even Garona has been redesigned from your average looking (half) orc female to a pretty thing.

Not saying it's gamergate or all that crap, but I don't really see the large variety you talk about. There is variety, for sure, but I do feel like most major female characters are potential models

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Well...their female leads have mostly been the potential eyecandy type. Just off the top of my head:
    D3: Not so clear here, the female WD, Crusader and Barb aren't exactly models. The other female classes are quite standard.
    WoW: Jaina, Sylvanas, Alexstrasza, Tyrande, etc. Provided they are human enough to judge. Even Maiev her skin without the suit of armor is that of your typical pretty lithe elven woman. In general most female key characters in Warcraft have been strong, yet beautiful women. Yrel, Ysera, Liadrin, Vereesa, Azshara in elven form. Hell, even Garona has been redesigned from your average looking (half) orc female to a pretty thing.

Not saying it's gamergate or all that crap, but I don't really see the large variety you talk about. There is variety, for sure, but I do feel like most major female characters are potential models
    Zarya was announced exactly before the gamergate crap wave was gonna hit Blizzard, they arent stupid, i remember reading a couple stuff about it.

Only the female Barbarian in D3 was different than everything else in their games, and she wasnt fat or bodybuilder excuse, she was just that, Barbarian tribe, tall, half-muscular same as the Witch Doctor female, hunched over, african witch doctor image, Blizzard goes for image that represents the character better.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-06-07 at 12:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post

It's not like it's that much different for males either. Almost all of them are more or less body builders or some kind of fitness models.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    It's not like it's that much different for males either. Almost all of them are more or less body builders or some kind of fitness models.
    No no, dont go there, this is about how all gaming companies are oppressive male scum.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Mei isn't even fat...
    She is. I mean you can't look under her coat, but there's lots of concept art. Even looking at her face will do it.

Deleted
    No no, dont go there, this is about how all gaming companies are oppressive male scum.
    Yea sorry, forgot these things only affect one gender.

She has feminist characteristics.

10+ Year Old Account
    It must be hard being a victim all the time.

OT: Yes.