Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    So weird to see people somehow defending broken shore. Some of the most boring content I've ever done.

It's really sad that they keep pushing raids as the end-all-be-all content for WoW rather than the other way around. All the non-raid "content" is so pathetic. The only actual form of endgame, non-raid content is mythic+ dungeons and even that leaves a lot to be desired - I wouldn't exactly grinding already existing dungeons with higher damage numbers and some additional, boring mob/boss abilities "content". WQ's and other fluff like mini-holidays (lol) are not compelling endgame content on their own.
    The non-raid content will be very lame until 7.3, so probably the next 4-5 months. We get 1 pet battle dungeon, 1 repeatable scenario and some more micro holidays, whoohoo....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    A 10 week "intro quest"?

The largest content patch in WoW History?

What an absolute joke. But as long as "some people" are satisfied ewith it... it'll be more of the same.

Kill demons over here.

Kill more demons over there.

Kill the demons over here again to get certain drops.

Kill 3 mini boss demons.

Do 10 WQs that have you kill demons here and there.

Ah heck.. kill some more demons over here.

BAM! Aren't you grateful?™
    gotta remember it added 12 minor class campaigns
    12 class mount camapigns
    the massive amount of world quests added to broken shore and isles through the invasions
    the pvp content and mini holidays
    the raid itself

it has added alot
    but not all of it is useable day 1, or by everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    It was by far the worst of similar zones.
    Except for Tanaan, Timeless Isle and Thunder Island..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was more a disappointment coming off the heels of the Nightborne quest line which had a narrative and some cool moments in the lead up to the opening of Nighthold.

I'm worried that this poor patch execution and planning will be present in the raid too.
    Butts.

Deleted
    I don't know why people look back on Isle of Thunder and think it was good, repetitive dailies, shitey rares and a dull boring and depressing zone.

Much preferred Broken Shore.

I don't think it was a failure. I simply added it as an additional layer of content on top of all the other stuff that is going on. To begin with, I've never expected a small island like that to provide me extremely innovative and genuine content for ten weeks because it isn't a standalone expansion. I got what I expected to see instead; lots of huge demons, lots of portals, lots of fel energy all over the place and lots of world quests.

Your problem is that you've got huge expectations. The feeling of being content with something depends on the ratio at which our expectations are met and you must've set the bar quite high in order to be unhappy with the Broken Shore.

10+ Year Old Account
    A 10 week "intro quest"?

The largest content patch in WoW History?

What an absolute joke. But as long as "some people" are satisfied ewith it... it'll be more of the same.

Kill demons over here.

Kill more demons over there.

Kill the demons over here again to get certain drops.

Kill 3 mini boss demons.

Do 10 WQs that have you kill demons here and there.

Ah heck.. kill some more demons over here.

BAM! Aren't you grateful?™
    And what were your feelings on killing 20 rare mobs for 20 rocks over and over and over and over... and OVER... again on the timeless isle? Yeah, THAT was the "story quest" every week. All for a vague, 20-second cutscene. If you didn't like that, you could spawn camp a rare for hours on end for a low low shot of getting the useless toy it carried (how many of those were "useable only in pandaria?") and if you didn't like THAT you could "treasure hunt" for the almost entirely useless timeless coins (hope you like mask toys with hour-long cooldowns!) and if you didn't like THAT you could kill about 10,000 yak men for the privilege of BUYING (not getting, mind you, buying) a mount. ALL of which was on an island that looked like they took a cookie-cutter plug out of the least interesting section of jade forest.

Or how about doing the exact same cadre of daily quests over and over again crammed into an area about 1/3 the size of the broken shore on an island where 2/3 of it was either empty or inaccessible? Well that's exactly what you got on the isle of Quel'Danis. You complain about "story progression" not being enough? Well beyond being told to kill Kael'thas... twice in the same dungeon on two difficulties (lol?) there WAS no story progression.

But no. Do go on about how Broken Shore is just the worst.

All I'll give you is that Isle of Thunder and Tanaan were better. But that's it.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2017-06-07 at 10:49 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    What does that symbol mean, please? I see it everywhere but never understand it.
    Since noone else answered: =/= is easy writing for the symbol ≠ : an "is equal to" sign slashed through. So it simply means "is not equal to".

They were busy with legion so wod was bad, they are busy with argus so broken shore is bad. Try to look at the bright side

Quote Originally Posted by Dasharin View Post
    If this was disappointing to you...I truly hope you never face any true disappointment in your lives.

Are you people really this miserable?...if so then I pity you.

OT...had alot of fun with this....having alot of fun with everything in Legion.

Sure, there are some things that do not excite me, so I move past them and do the dozens of things that DO excite me.

You guys should try it.
    This.

/10char
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Quote Originally Posted by mrsohta View Post
    They were busy with legion so wod was bad, they are busy with argus so broken shore is bad. Try to look at the bright side
    Yeah, 'They were busy with Void Lords of the Deep, so Argus was shit, just get over it and ride the hype train'.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    The non-raid content will be very lame until 7.3, so probably the next 4-5 months. We get 1 pet battle dungeon, 1 repeatable scenario and some more micro holidays, whoohoo....
    More like 77 days (11 weeks) after 7.2.5 comes out, if they announce it for the 13th or 20th in the livestream this week it means 12-13 weeks from today. Which is barely 3 months.

Deleted
    Well... the intro was not bad at all...
    and by that i mean the 1st scenario. (Nothing special, but still good).

Everything that came thereafter was just bad... up to the mount scenario, but that is a whole other story.

Honestly; it would be a lot better if they just gave us 5 generic quests every week, requiring us to errect buildings, kill demons, do missions, etc...

Deleted
    Of course you wouldn't recognize sophisticated gaming
    Neither would i.
    I have been playing not wow, but nearly every RPG i have been able to get my hands on since before Blizzard released Diablo 1, and i don´t even have a clue of what sophisticated gaming is.
    Maybe if you could enlighten us with some examples of gaming products that qualify as that, would help us understand.

Deleted
    Of course you wouldn't recognize sophisticated gaming...
    Spoken like a true fedora.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashix View Post
    Isle of Thunder was far far better than any of those.
    Nah..

People only went there for Nalak and ToT..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by jon234 View Post
    Was anybody else thoroughly disappointed with the "campaign" of the broken shore which ended up being a list of chores that a parent would give a child if anything. They did not make use of any phasing technology to show the "advancement" of the legionfall army or any progression really on progressing on the tomb. They had a lot of potential only to piss it away. imo the best daily hub thing they have done was Quel'Danas and probably will always be Quel'Danas > Isle of thunder >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Broken Shore.

Thoughts?
    broken shore was not failure - it was decent intermission zone with a zone quest

what was fialure was time gating it like crazy - just like suramar - without timegates its a normal questline with semi-decent plot.

what failed was f... timegate - but blizzard had to do it else people would take few months break till Tomb

Daily quest hub sucks by default.

Broken Shores is the most disappointing piece of sh*t content since garrisons. I think we can all agree on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Oh it will with 7.2.5, no updates to Nethershard gear they say (apparently no chance for ToS loot), LFR itemlevel will pass it, and by argus will be forgotten and probably have 880 WQ or something
    Yeah, they had 1 chance to make it relevant in 7.2.5 just by buffed a little bit the nethershard rng loot but no, they wanted it to be a failure I guess!