Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    might as well rename the show to The Walking Dead if theryre gonna make it about that stupid fucking zombie girl ffs. lame as fuck, but i guess some people like their deus ex machina as the central story arc spanning every episode because "shes such a great actress!!!"
    go join the protesters at evergreen college if youre that deep of a person

Without her, we wouldn't have "Oh, you're an asshole. YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE, DEAD WIFE!" which is pure gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Without her, we wouldn't have "Oh, you're an asshole. YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE, DEAD WIFE!" which is pure gold.
    I had to pause, because I was laughing too hard after that scene. Mad Sweeney is too funny.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Mad Sweeney is too funny.
    She's a Leprecunt!

So... from the last episode, it seems like Jesus is an asshole.

Like:
    "lord save me..." *saves him*
    "lord, help us kill these mexicans!" *doesn't stop american's from mowing down mexicans"
    "Lord, don't let these americans mow me down and my fam, you just saved me!" *takes a couple bullets*

Not sure what happened between Odin and Guns/Volcano/Vulcan...

Book Jesus was mentioned here before:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    The book casually comments on Jesus pretty well. Many weak versions, spread thin, his followers posting and hashtagging for themselves in the name of #jesus. Media tv and tech are the true gods of most people who claim to be faithful.
    and furthermore, the book also makes it clear that there are multiple versions of a god (hence the title "American Gods", we mostly see the (North) American versions)
    The Jesus in this episode clearly is the Mexican Jesus, he appears Mexican and not Middle-Eastern. He's strong enough to save a devout follower, but cannot stand against the ruthless US citizen militia, who probably only do lip service to US Jesus (again, there might be several of that one) and are rather connected to Vulcan (episode relevance) or a similar god. Or they're just sick people. Don't need gods to explain those.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm so into this show! Its such a weird show its really interesting!! I just heard its actually a book....is it living to the book's story so far?

10+ Year Old Account
    So... from the last episode, it seems like Jesus is an asshole.
    Don't forget what Wednesday said a couple of episodes back: There are many Jesus'... Jesi?

There's Mexican Jesus, Arab Jesus, Blonde Jesus. Because everyone pictures him so differently, and believes in the different versions, there are multiple Jesi and none of them are that powerful.

But yeah: Leprecunt is my favourite new insult.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

I'm okay if the series drops Shadow and Wednesday for Mad Sweeney, Laura and Salim.

Art by draken4o

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    There are many Jesus'... Jesi?
    I think it's kind like breasteses. Jesuseses.

And that makes complete sense. I wonder if all of the average jesuseses meet up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    I'm okay if the series drops Shadow and Wednesday for Mad Sweeney, Laura and Salim.
    Shadow isn't outstanding in any way, he's the normal to everyone else. Wednesday though... I can't live without Ian McShane im my life. This I've discovered.

Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Mad Sweeney and Laura are pretty much the stars of this show.

Te best parts are when Mad Sweeney keeps calling her "deadwife" and every time you expect Laura to get up and smack him for it, but she doesn't.

I'm also curious to see if there really is a way to resurrect deadwife or if Mad Sweeney is just outright lying to her to get the coin. And I love the position it puts deadwife. She doesn't trust him, but she has to, otherwise she just rots away.

The entire plot about the old gods vs the new gods can fuck right off tho. Its boring.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2017-06-07 at 12:26 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's kind like breasteses. Jesuseses.

And that makes complete sense. I wonder if all of the average jesuseses meet up.
    I'd like to see an episode start with a big meal of all these different looking guys... Then you see their name badges and it's all the different Jesuseseses.

Also: You NEED Shadow there, because

a: He's the stand in for the audience. We need a normal person, so that we can see ourselves in their place as we go through all the crazy shit that happens to him.

b: Not going to spoil anything... But there's more to Shadow that we've been told about so far.

United Nations of Jesuseses.

just rename the show "Asshole Dead Wife" at this point cause thats really all they seem to center around.
    I mean come one now, Vulcan is an actual god whose character had serious potential for the show and yet he was killed off the same way He-man killed Skeletor in Masters of the Universe. I mean really?!
    I get that with The Walking dead being so popular that they want to put zombies in the show. and i get that they have to make the zombie female as well as make her the most powerful person on the show (she smacks Anubis in the underworld Before she gets the coin)
    whatever, the show is utter junk that is relying on pop culture and one liners. may as well call it American Family Guy Dad Gods.

I agree that it sometimes feels like nothing much is happening, in that it follows the book, which took a slow pace in the middle, and the first season apparently only covers one half of the book, while adding subplots like the Fellowship of the Leprecunt, the scene at the police station (a far more direct communication between the New Gods and Wednesday (and Shadow) than in the book) and the visit to Vulcan.

Quote Originally Posted by brimdog View Post
    [...] make her the most powerful person on the show (she smacks Anubis in the underworld Before she gets the coin)
    That was only a swatting away of a hand. Before, we've only seen Anubis take one of his believers, Mrs Fadil was way more accepting of him. I'm sure Anubis is used to non-believers, and would have easily convinced or forced Laura to go into the void if the coin had not intervened.

I don't follow how you see Laura as "the most powerful person", she defeats surprised henchmen and a de-powered demigod, yes, but she probably has nothing on an actual god. Her strength comes from the coin, and from the knowledge that she doesn't have to hold back. She's not invincible, as we see when she loses her arm in the fight against the henchmen.

Ah well... my hope for the rest of the season? More scenes with Jones' Anansi, the intro of the second episode was just a teaser, and the CGI spider helping Wednesday probably escaped many viewers.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brimdog View Post
    i get that they have to make the zombie female as well as make her the most powerful person on the show.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again... Laura is FAR from the most powerful person on the show. Mr World, Media, Wednesday, Czernobog and a few others could all take her out with ease. The Technical Boy could probably give her a good go too.

Once Shadow comes into his full power, he could probably take her out too. Not that he ever WOULD... but he probably COULD.

7+ Year Old Account
    I received the 10th anniversary version of the book from Amazon today. About 300 pages in, roughly half way. It's been awhile since I read anything from Gaiman. The guy is such an amazingly good story teller. If you haven't read the book, I would highly recommend picking it up.

Enjoying the show as well, but, the book... Gaiman is a story telling genius.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Gaiman is a story telling genius.
    Very very true. He's been phoning it in a little recently (I mean wtf was up with his Norse Legends book?), but he's just had a kid, so that's allowable.

I can't wait for his next original novel.

This show has obviously become some kind of a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, when I finished watching the episode I said to myself:

"Yup... A LOT of people are going to fucking hate that episode..."

Personally? I loved it. It's honestly one of, if not my favourite episode so far of the show.

Sure, I will happily admit, it wasn't really American Gods. It was basically Neil Gaiman's take on Moll Flanders, but Moll Flanders is a great fucking book (and an even better TV Series <3 Alex Kingston <3).

This episode was essentially the calm before the storm, given that next week is the finale and all hell is going to break loose, I'm glad they gave us one quite, calm, sweet episode before all the shouting, violence and earth shattering revelations that are to come.

It was a great insight into Mad Sweeney, and explains why he's putting up with Dead Wife.

Surprised they wrote Halim out like that though... But I suspect he will make a return, at the House on the Hill. They just wanted him gone for the truck crash, because

A: It would be hard for him to survive that.
    B: We can't have any witnesses, to Sweeney being nice!
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2017-06-12 at 05:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why didn't he let deadwife stay dead

I like shows that makes me hate characters because they are terrible people who help move the story, not because they are poorly acted or written.

Resident Cosplay Progressive