Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbear View Post
    Problems we're running into:

1. Not separated from auto travel button like we were promised. Link the promise.

2. Cannot be used indoors due to being grouped into auto travel. How many mounts can you use indoors?

3. Doesn't count towards mounts collected. The one legitimate problem

4. Was wrong and corrected by OP

5. Other classes got colorations for spec, we got ours for race-- again. This is entirely subjective.

6. No landing or ground animations. You really had to dig deep for this one, but I'll give it to you. Although I'm not sure any of the class mounts have such a thing.

Its simple devs got lazy when they ran into problems. Ah, the timeless "blame the devs when I don't like something" conclusion. Never mind that you're not the sole audience for the game.
    See red text
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    Considering how awesome Feral and Guardian legendary apearances are and even a completly new one with previous patch I find the argument of it being Lazy incredibly rude.
    Oh you mean like the hidden feral Owlcat artifact appearance? The ones that Hunters can now tame as pets?
    Yeah, that makes me feel totally unique and special.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Oh you mean like the hidden feral Owlcat artifact appearance? The ones that Hunters can now tame as pets?
    Yeah, that makes me feel totally unique and special.
    I actually meant the one from current patch from challenge mode. But also others before that. It takes more efforts to have a model be used by players.
    You also imply that the owlcat was for druids first and only later became a tameable pet for hunters. Seems like it was made for Druids and than reused.

I figure it should be a mount, but I'm usually going cheetah or hawk 99% of the time. I'm Tauren, so I also like hoping on a few select mounts. Yak is nice. Goats. Mammoths.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    See red text
    Not Redbear but...

1.) Never heard this one, but Blizz did have the mount in the mount journal for a while on PTR before removing it due to complication or something (it was supposed to be temporary, but we know how these things can go). It's not out of the realm of possibility that the new flight form was a button within the mount journal.

2.) I think he meant it can't be used in ground-mount only areas. All other classes can still use their mounts in dungeons and stuff, while druids can't and are forced into stag.

5.) He's not wrong though. If I want to use an alternate color mount for my other classes, I can without issue. If I want to use an alterate color on my druid, I'm SoL (unless I race/faction change or play a different druid of a different race whenever I want to use an alternate color owl)

6.) ... Seriously? Of course other class mounts have landing and ground running animations. 99% of the mounts in the game has those animations. Even normal travel form (minus druid bat) and Sentinel can at least land.

7.) I mean... it is a case of lazy devs for some of the issues. The Archdruid's Lunarwing is literally just a reskined phoenix mount (hence why there's no ground/land animation). Phoeniz mounts can still be used as ground mounts though, so there's no reason why my druid has to be forced into stag rather than using the Lunarwing when i run a dungeon.

Honestly, if they had to reuse a skeleton, I think they should've used the proto-drake skeleton and made the mount like a badass eagle or something (idk why blizz is suddenly so obessed with nelves and owls but ehh). It worked well for the fire hawk mounts.
    Last edited by SupBrah; 2017-06-07 at 04:29 PM.

Keep it a form. I'm guessing the OP just wanted +1 for his mount count.

I'm just glad that we can turn off the Feathered Space Whale form...it's ugly as sin.
    Sealth [Cenarius] Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I like it as a form.

Deleted
    Seems like it was made for Druids and than reused.
    That's what I meant. Feels awesome.

Considering how awesome Feral and Guardian legendary apearances are and even a completly new one with previous patch I find the argument of it being Lazy incredibly rude.
    If you find it ugly you still have a lot of awesome looks for your spec. But im sympethatic towards the inconvenience of having to talk to an npc to activate or deactivate it. Mind you, some old glyphs you can still use by talking to npc's as well..
    So, like warlock green fire then.
    Which again isn't universally popular.

Is there a solution which suits everyone ?
    I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbear View Post
    Problems we're running into:

1. Not separated from auto travel button like we were promised.

2. Cannot be used indoors due to being grouped into auto travel.

3. Doesn't count towards mounts collected.

4. Cannot use on other Druid alts, while all other classes can use theirs on same-class alts. (Edited: can apparently toggle it on from an NPC-- ignore this point.)

5. Other classes got colorations for spec, we got ours for race-- again.

6. No landing or ground animations.

Its simple devs got lazy when they ran into problems.
    Its simple, players ignore things which don't suit their argument.
    You cant decide if you want it to be a mount or not.
    Mounts don't work indoors, but then you complain it isn't increasing the mount count.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    Not Redbear but...

1.) Never heard this one, but Blizz did have the mount in the mount journal for a while on PTR before removing it due to complication or something (it was supposed to be temporary, but we know how these things can go). It's not out of the realm of possibility that the new flight form was a button within the mount journal. PTR is not a promise.

2.) I think he meant it can't be used in ground-mount only areas. All other classes can still use their mounts in dungeons and stuff, while druids can't and are forced into stag. Sounds like an oversight.

5.) He's not wrong though. If I want to use an alternate color mount for my other classes, I can without issue. If I want to use an alterate color on my druid, I'm SoL (unless I race/faction change or play a different druid of a different race whenever I want to use an alternate color owl) If you want to use an alternate color, you have to change specs. That's not exactly "without issue."

6.) ... Seriously? Of course other class mounts have landing and ground running animations. 99% of the mounts in the game has those animations. Even normal travel form (minus druid bat) and Sentinel can at least land. Never noticed on any of my mounts, but I'll accept your word.

7.) I mean... it is a case of lazy devs for some of the issues. The Archdruid's Lunarwing is literally just a reskined phoenix mount (hence why there's no ground/land animation). Phoeniz mounts can still be used as ground mounts though, so there's no reason why my druid has to be forced into stag rather than using the Lunarwing when i run a dungeon. Again... I think you're confusing "laziness" with "potential oversight."

Honestly, if they had to reuse a skeleton, I think they should've used the proto-drake skeleton and made the mount like a badass eagle or something (idk why blizz is suddenly so obessed with nelves and owls but ehh). It worked well for the fire hawk mounts.
    red text 10chars
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

red text 10chars
    1.) They literally said in a blue post that it's a temporary removal and they were working on a fix
    Quick heads up about a change you'll be seeing in the next build.

We've found a few issues, and we're going to need to temporarily remove the Archdruid's Lunarwing Form from the mount journal. The option to change the look of your flight form will be available as an NPC in your class hall, operating similarly to the Glyph of the Sentinel.

We're working on getting a solution to you as soon as we can, apologies and thanks!
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=261066/d...lunarwing-form

As far as i know, this is still the case.

2.) This was brought up in the PTR threads. If this is an oversight then it's because Blizz doesn't read enough of the PTR feedback. I'm starting to wonder what the point is in PTR anymore.

3.) Clicking a button and waiting for a 5 sec cast (you aren't even locked into 2 specs anymore!) vs paying for a faction/race change any time I want a different color mount. Totally the same thing

4.) .... you can't be serious... If you haven't noticed this on any other mounts, then you apparently only have flight form or Ashes of Al'ar in your mount collection. Examples

5.) lmao yes... I'm sure it was all accidental oversight and not a case of higher-ups breathing down necks for deadlines to be met. I mean, we all know Activision-Blizzard is totally just a small indie company and not a multibillion dollar corporation with an army of developers and QA at their disposal

See red text
    Just answering the obvious for Redbear:
    2) Literally every other mount can be used as a ground mount in instances
    5) This is not subjective, this is an objective fact. If you like the color is subjective, and you cannot easily change the color as other classes can
    6) Dig deep? Pretty much every other (flying) mount in the game has a ground running animation, every other druid flight form except troll has a sit animation

And just to add another one: Every other class can use the mount pre level 100, while a druid (normally) has no chance to reach the NPC to apply it before level 100 (and even if he could reach for example because someone flies you there it is usable only when you unlock flying at 60, all other mounts can be used from 20).
    Last edited by Puri; 2017-06-07 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    1.) They literally said in a blue post that it's a temporary removal and they were working on a fix

http://www.wowhead.com/news=261066/d...lunarwing-form

As far as i know, this is still the case.

2.) This was brought up in the PTR threads. If this is an oversight then it's because Blizz doesn't read enough of the PTR feedback. I'm starting to wonder what the point is in PTR anymore.

3.) Clicking a button and waiting for a 5 sec cast (you aren't even locked into 2 specs anymore!) vs paying for a faction/race change any time I want a different color mount. Totally the same thing

4.) .... you can't be serious... If you haven't noticed this on any other mounts, then you apparently only have flight form or Ashes of Al'ar in your mount collection. Examples

5.) lmao yes... I'm sure it was all accidental oversight and not a case of higher-ups breathing down necks for deadlines to be met. I mean, we all know Activision-Blizzard is totally just a small indie company and not a multibillion dollar corporation with an army of developers and QA at their disposal
    1) if they're working on a fix..... why is this an issue?

2) Tons of things are unresolved by PTR feedback. Not defending Bliz at all, just pointing that out. The warlock order hall lady STILL says "Summoners, being the ritual!" when you buy an instant completion item.

3) I didn't say it was time-consuming or difficult, I said it wasn't "without issue." If you want to change specs every time you ride around just to have a different color, that's your business.

4) Why can't I be serious? When I land on a flying mount I'm watching where I'm going because 99% of the time I dismount either slightly above the ground or land and immediately start fighting. A mount animation is completely irrelevant to me. I'm not saying its not important to anyone else, and I never said that. I just don't care.

5) Do you really think a multi-billion dollar company is immune to mistakes and oversights? I'm guessing you've never held a job in a large corporation.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Just answering the obvious for Redbear:
    2) Literally every other mount can be used as a ground mount in instances
    5) This is not subjective, this is an objective fact. If you like the color is subjective, and you cannot easily change the color as other classes can
    6) Dig deep? Pretty much every other (flying) mount in the game has a ground running animation, every other druid flight form except troll has a sit animation

And just to add another one: Every other class can use the mount pre level 100, while a druid (normally) has no chance to reach the NPC to apply it before level 100 (and even if he could reach for example because someone flies you there it is usable only when you unlock flying at 60, all other mounts can be used from 20).
    2) What part of "sounds like an oversight" translates to me saying this specific thing is right?

5) Mount appearance isn't subjective? I'm sure there's a lot of people who like the way it looks.

6) See above.

To your extra point: Do you want a bird form that stays stuck on the ground at lvl 20? I don't see how it being a mount or not affects that in any way. It's a minor inconvenience. If Bliz said no one could use class mounts until 110 to make it fair, I'd be fine with it.
    Last edited by Jimson; 2017-06-07 at 06:17 PM.

2) What part of "sounds like an oversight" translates to me saying this specific thing is right?

5) Mount appearance isn't subjective? I'm sure there's a lot of people who like the way it looks.

6) See above.

To your extra point: Do you want a bird form that stays stuck on the ground at lvl 20? I don't see how it being a mount or not affects that in any way. It's a minor inconvenience. If Bliz said no one could use class mounts until 110 to make it fair, I'd be fine with it.
    2) You did not say "sounds like an oversight", you said "How many mounts can you use indoors?"
    5) Yes and? That does not change the objective fact that you cannot simply change the way it looks, as other classes can, just as I said above.

2) You did not say "sounds like an oversight", you said "How many mounts can you use indoors?"
    5) Yes and? That does not change the objective fact that you cannot simply change the way it looks, as other classes can, just as I said above.
    Yes. "Indoors" meaning a place where you go and get dismounted on anything. Indoors to me doesn't mean "I'm in a dungeon, but I can mount."

As for the appearance... yes, you can't change it at will. I'm sure equal amounts of people are happy and upset about it. I'd also love to know how many people plan to change specs every time they mount up just to ride a color variation.

I personally prefer instant cast, but the form is pretty ugly. But more importantly I'd love some way to customize the moonkin form with different colors and horns.
    "How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? A thousand eyes, and one."

There's an npc in the moonglade you can talk to who does the same job.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Our mount has a special if you are in balance and using the Blessing of the Ancients talents. Changing between Lunar and Solar activates the special. Only works on the ground.