Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I wish this system was back when Server-first was taken. Instead of stupidly trying same dungeon for 10-20 times, u would had much more challenge - if u fail once - u need to practice other dungeon.
    For now:
    This removes (imho) boosting keys from random casuals. Means those noobs who wanted to get their key boosted will be wiped.
    Also ( i have 2.5k myth WP score not that much i know) in my group we all are glad abotu this change. Means my group could go throug ALOT more dungeons above +20.
    So u got it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    Obviously, this system is better for 99.99% of the playerbase. All we're asking for is a feature that allows us to "lock keystone" at it's current level and try it again. This feature would have no affect for that 99.99% of the playerbase, but would dramatically improve the quality of life of high-end Mythic+ pushing.
    I understand your concern but maybe Blizzard doesnt care about the wowprogress M+ race, or they prefer this system which is admittedly much harder since you cant train the dungeon.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to understand your video on account of the heavy accent and the speed mumbling. I had to rely on the thread to figure out what you were trying to say, just something to work on for future videos.

Really I think that the 7.2.5 system is going to be better than the way it works present, if anything it encourages you to push higher keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowchan View Post
    I don't think only insanely high level runners are affected by this. Do people who run lower levels not wish to rerun a dungeon a second time trying to make the timer?
    Not really lol, they'd only do that now if they needed a 10 done and had to revive the key, or to revive their key so they can get more loot.

There's no value in practice runs for lower keys. Because everything doesn't 1 shot you.

I think you're conflating two separate things. Understandably if given the choice between running a depleted 11 key or a fresh 10 key most players would opt for the fresh key. But that's not because there is no gameplay benefit to retrying a key you've failed once before, that is a reward issue. The depleted key has no loot/AP, so most players would avoid it.

But what if you had a reason to try to complete a +11? Would you retry a depleted 11 key then?

Or, to use an analogy, supposed you and your guild had an attempt on Mythic Gul'dan, and now your Gul'dan was depleted. One could reasonably say 'No point in retrying Gul'dan, it's already depleted and will reward no loot'. But of course, in raiding this isn't an issue, because Blizzard makes sure the incentive to kill Gul'dan once is there. The same could be done with Mythic+. If players had some tangible reason to 'win' at whichever key they failed at, then players would do so.

There are many ways in which Blizzard could go about doing this. I mention one example in the video (M+ rating that rewards weekly for high key completion).

As it is with high keys giving zero rewards, as you say few groups choose to do so for the challenge only. With a modified system this would affect a much greater percent of playerbase. Either way there is zero negative impact on players who do not wish to do this if the players who do are given an option to, which is all I'm asking for.

It could be just as simple as, you fail a key, it pops up with a window would you like to deplete the key 1 level. Crazy people who like to do M+ say no, the rest say yes. Move on.

The new system seems to be better for people who would casually (i.e. not do it if the key is depleted) push 15-17 keys and not the people who would push 20+ keys (and run them a few times after depletion).

Obviously the people who push 20+ keys now and do 10+ attempts on the same depleted key are a very small minority of the population, and this change will destroy this playstyle, but for the broader M+ community, it will allow people to continue playing with their group of friends and not have to worry about depletion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jqu View Post
    The new system seems to be better for people who would casually (i.e. not do it if the key is depleted) push 15-17 keys and not the people who would push 20+ keys (and run them a few times after depletion).

Obviously the people who push 20+ keys now and do 10+ attempts on the same depleted key are a very small minority of the population, and this change will destroy this playstyle, but for the broader M+ community, it will allow people to continue playing with their group of friends and not have to worry about depletion.
    That has already been pointed out in this thread. All they (we) are asking for is a way to reject the key dropping a level and continue pushing a given key.

Nice excuse to promote your shitty video but unfortunately you are very confused on this whole matter. The change is very good for all types of players and in no way a detriment.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Nice excuse to promote your shitty video but unfortunately you are very confused on this whole matter. The change is very good for all types of players and in no way a detriment.
    Did you even watch the video? This change doesn't benefit those of us that push keys at the highest level. With the new system there is no way to push a given key multiple times. You one shot the key or you're fucked and have to push something else. This only benefits the casual/average players in M+, which isn't a bad thing but those that enjoy pushing keys shouldn't have that taken away from them.

@NoobistTV-Metro Nice excuse to promote your shitty website/videos (name and under line on every comment). Unfortunately, you're very confused on this matter. The change has a detriment to players that is clearly demonstrated by multiple people in this thread. And the change/fix that we're asking for has no affect on other players.
    Last edited by Emancptr; 2017-06-07 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan017 View Post
    Did you even watch the video? This change doesn't benefit those of us that push keys at the highest level. With the new system there is no way to push a given key multiple times. You one shot the key or you're fucked and have to push something else. This only benefits the casual/average players in M+, which isn't a bad thing but those that enjoy pushing keys shouldn't have that taken away from them.
    This doesn't benefit anyone except low level single chest runners who don't ever get carried. Everyone else is losing something from this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Nice excuse to promote your shitty video
    so like your signature then?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not like these dungeons present any sort of challenge any more other than raw number output. People know what mechanics kill them and what they need to do when strategy wise in the high keys. Maybe Cathedral and Kara are still touch and go with imperfect routes and strategies but big deal.

It's a complete non-issue. High key runners are skilled enough to adapt and you are literally moaning about nothing.

This is only a problem for people who are pushing high keys. There's no rewards for doing this so there's very little incentive to do it. For lower keys depleted ones usually stay depleted. For most people this change is good.

I don't understand why you don't focus on the fact that there are no rewards for doing higher keys other than to top some leaderboard that very few people care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    This is only a problem for people who are pushing high keys. There's no rewards for doing this so there's very little incentive to do it. For lower keys depleted ones usually stay depleted. For most people this change is good.

I don't understand why you don't focus on the fact that there are no rewards for doing higher keys other than to top some leaderboard that very few people care about.
    That's actually where you're wrong, in 7.2.5 they are changing it so the higher you go in level the more loot you get (20% extra loot chance per level past 15 IIRC), but that still doesn't fix the issue at hand of making pushing keys almost impossible.

7+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice if the depleted vs. new key was an optional thing. Whether you have the option when you put the key into the stone or adding a vendor, anything would be helpful. That way it's not a blanket effect that is going to hurt people on different ends of the m+ spectrum.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    This doesn't benefit anyone except low level single chest runners who don't ever get carried. Everyone else is losing something from this.
    There are plenty of people who love to push keys, but don't want to push more if it depletes. Once it's depleted it's done, they don't want to practice and force a run to be done in time.

For those people, this change is AMAZING.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post

I touch on it briefly, and while high keys being more rewarding is certainly something I would love, it is immaterial to the topic at hand and my main concern ATM is for Blizzard to not take away from us functionality that is already in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan017 View Post
    That's actually where you're wrong, in 7.2.5 they are changing it so the higher you go in level the more loot you get (20% extra loot chance per level past 15 IIRC), but that still doesn't fix the issue at hand of making pushing keys almost impossible.
    Which is hardly worth the effort. IMO there should be other rewards for completing high keys like temporary titles, cosmetics etc.