Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    What's wrong with Gay Pride events again? Should ban everyone there spamming homophobia personally. Although I have heard they have permanently banned people spouting particularly egregious autistic dribble.

But I agree I'm not sure a gay pride event should be in a video game.
    A lot of it is "lets crack faggot and nigger skulls!" I saw that one a bunch. Thats why I am using it as a main example. Of course there are dozens more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Ok after reading through r/2007scape, this is like the most amazing thing ever. Couldn't stop laughing for 30 minutes. It's just spectacular to watch this meltdown.
    It's hilarious... thank god all these people play runescape and therefore have 0 chance of breeding.

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    Why even have it? I just do t understand it. Where is straight pride?
    That's just hateful thinking! Next thing you know the Irish will want a holiday or something!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    It is an official event. A developer of the game announced it and put however little time into developing it. As for celebrating gay pride yearly, I'm not sure if that's their plan or not.
    Just thought I would correct this, the Mod in question isn't a dev, he is a QA tester. He asked for permission to create something in his free time. This Jmod was not going to be creating or helping to create anything else (unless he got permission).

10+ Year Old Account
    /2007scape is trying to get 4chan involved.

https://www.twitch.tv/wizzyhatg

Livestream of a riot, the planned one is tomorrow. Bunch of people in this one, quite funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    the post on 4chan is lying to 4chan about how the polls work and the size of the event

also something something, gay agenda what ever that means

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

This is the gaudy and disgusting event.
    Rainbow colored attire is still pretty gaudy and again, entirely unnecessary in this instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Rainbow colored attire is still pretty gaudy and again, entirely unnecessary in this instance.
    its literally a rainbow on a fountain and a stole you can get. That is the extent of the event. This is one of the minor events added in that normally do not get pulled. A few other instances of this has happened as Jagex has not made them yearly either.

its literally a rainbow on a fountain and a stole you can get. That is the extent of the event. This is one of the minor events added in that normally do not get pulled. A few other instances of this has happened as Jagex has not made them yearly either.
    *shrug*

Just not interested in defending this one. Stupid shit is stupid but hey, it only caused the community to lose its collective mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    *shrug*

Just not interested in defending this one. Stupid shit is stupid but hey, it only caused the community to lose its collective mind.
    It really does not take much to do that.

It really does not take much to do that.
    No. It really doesn't. ...I still loathe gay shit though so naturally I'd rather be like, "Sure just take it out!" than argue with them.

This reminds me of the old days. I heard Ebaums World is starting these raids.

LGBT people always want everyone talking about them. Can't stand them.

Deleted
    People play these kind of games to forget about their daily problems and have fun so why the fuck are they pushing politics and problems that we're already tired of listening from THE MEDIA?

Seriously this is the biggest fuck up from developers I've seen in a long time.

Let games be games. Don't force politics and other problems into virtual worlds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Then you should've just said that instead of trying to get a prize for your comment.
    Okay, let's change it a bit then.
    'Well that's rude. Autistic doesn't equal homophobic or asshole. You're an asshole just like those guys.'

There, is that better?
    Last edited by mmoc09747b8f4a; 2017-06-07 at 08:32 PM.

For me it show that the LGBT movement still has a lot of work to do, until no one actually cares about events like this.
    This also shows how important freedom of speech is.

In general I don't think politics belong in games, But equality does.

Quote Originally Posted by padie View Post
    For me it show that the LGBT movement still has a lot of work to do, until no one actually cares about events like this.
    This also shows how important freedom of speech is.

In general I don't think politics belong in games, But equality does.
    If you can all play the game without any restrictions based upon a trivial, personal detail then I'd say you're equal in the goddamn video game and your personal politics outside of said game should not really influence the content therein. That is truthfully the extent of equality. Not special. Both in the positive and negative connotations.

Anything more and you're beginning to slowly trickle it down into a rather tyrannical mindset.

Having some ass-clown throw around rainbow-vomit on your behalf does not somehow suddenly give you any rights you didn't have before nor enhance what you currently have available to you. In fact, it could be readily argued it does the opposite... demeans and belittles your freedoms into some sort of moronic, overly dramatized characterization.

As if you're one massive, monolithic joke of a people.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2017-06-07 at 08:31 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ugabuga View Post
    Okay, let's change it a bit then.
    'Well that's rude. Autistic doesn't equal homophobic or asshole. You're an asshole just like those guys.'

There, is that better?
    You should really just let it go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    People play these kind of games to forget about their daily problems and have fun so why the fuck are they pushing politics and problems that we're already tired of listening from THE MEDIA?
    Imagine being a gay person and being told that celebrating your existence was shoving a political topic in everyone's face. Not to mention the actual dimension of the event. It's not like you're being forced to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    LGBT people always want everyone talking about them. Can't stand them.
    You're forgetting women and blacks. We can't have that kind of representation in muh straight, white alpha male videogames can we?
    Last edited by mmocda37b2a89b; 2017-06-07 at 08:56 PM.