Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    WoW has over 500 active people working on the project, not 235.
    No, WoW does have ~250 developers working on the game. https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...ges_over_time/

If you are counting non devs then FFXIV has over 1200 people working on the game.

WoW has over 500 active people working on the project, not 235.
    You don't get to dismiss this. You stated a faulty premise that FF14 balances classes so much better than WoW with a smaller dev team, when in fact it has a larger dev team, cited by the head of the game himself while simultaneously having less knobs to tune and significantly less classes to balance.

What development on World of Warcraft is like:
    Schreier: How many people are on the team now?
    Chilton: Around 235.
    Schreier: Oh wow. So that’s the entirety of the WoW team?
    Chilton: Yeah, that’s the development team so artists, designers, engineers, and producers.
    We're not talking about how many people are credited with working on the game (which I gave a number of 600+ for FF14 btw, in case you didn't read my post), which still further proves your statement wrong.

Deleted
    Let me ask this; Who the hell cares?
    mechanically WoW is a ebtter game, overall FF14 is a better game in a unique way. All games have balancing issues. lets move on?

15+ Year Old Account
    That's one of the big complements I have to give Square Enix, is their ability to balance the classes. If you look at WoW and Blizzard INABILITY to balance classes, it's quite surprising seeing as how they have over 500 people working on WoW itself.
    It's amazing how people have come to perceive an average variation in single digit % between damage SPECS - of which WoW has more than double of FF14 jobs - at the highest theoretical level of play... while numbers are constantly being tuned... as "unbalanced".

Further, there are even more factors in WoW that contribute to damage differences - talent selections. Trinket selections. Legendary selections. FF14 will have 15 jobs in Stormblood and every single character playing those jobs will play exactly the same, barring utility from cross-class, because FF has none of the above.

Meanwhile, what's the raid meta in FF these days? Oh yeah. WAR DRK AST SCH DRG NIN BRD MCH. Everywhere. All the time.

BALANCE.
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2017-06-06 at 01:31 AM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Meanwhile, what's the raid meta in FF these days? Oh yeah. WAR DRK AST SCH DRG NIN BRD MCH. Everywhere. All the time.

BALANCE.
    Not true in any way. I do savage all the time and I see a crap ton of variety.

Also just because something is meta doesn't mean its the only way which I know you didn't exactly say. Every game has a "meta". It literally means its mathematically the best way even if it's by 1% or 2% but it doesn't mean its the only way.

Either way Legion is in a pretty good spot these days with balance. When it launched it was a shit show but again the same can't be said these days.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2017-06-06 at 02:48 AM.

Enough with the game vs game bullshit already. There is really no need for it.

Yes there was variety in DPS toward the end of alex. The tanks and healers were locked though. In fact, recruiting statics are still demanding for paladins to also be a dark knight and whms to also be an ast in prep for stormblood. The meta in tanks and healers was so locked in that it is spilling over to the expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Now that i finally got asty to 60, I can't decide between palalaladin or rawrrior. What is looking good so far?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Now that i finally got asty to 60, I can't decide between palalaladin or rawrrior. What is looking good so far?
    I mean, it's final fantasy. Pick whichever you think is prettier.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Was going to go samurai but like... them having to cast charge certain attacks in melee is really turning it off for me.... and Ninja is just looking more and more fun.... have end up just sticking with the Ninja, despite how much I like swords.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    I mean, it's final fantasy. Pick whichever you think is prettier.
    I mean that would be paladin, but the new warrior armor is mega spiffy so I'm​ have a hard time deciding.

So far Merri has done the best video about Red Mage so far. It was my FFXI main and favourite FF job in general and while i'm still tentative about going from NIN to RDM as a main after finding BLM really unsatisfying in ARR this is looking really fun. Guess it really depends on how it feels.

Deleted
    I semi feel the same about Black Mage, I defo don't find red mage entertaining, or engaging. Too many combos and weirdness, the spells look amazin though

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    WAR has never not been anything but great since like 2.1 and right now we don't know if the changes will make PLD change from the boring as shit job it is to play now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    I semi feel the same about Black Mage, I defo don't find red mage entertaining, or engaging. Too many combos and weirdness, the spells look amazin though
    Well when you are used to NIN wierd combos is your bread and butter.

Plus RDM with a NIN sub job in XI was my jam.

SAM can't come fast enough. Can't wait for a melee without positionals.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    SAM can't come fast enough. Can't wait for a melee without positionals.
    Actually it does, the proper tooltips show the SAM Kenki guage increases more base on skills used in certain positions e.g Gekko from the rear or Kasha from the side. You do a side combo into Kasha or Rear combo into Gekko to build up Kenki to use a Hissatsu ability which is an OCG finisher that spends Kenki instead of TP with single target and aoe variants for buffs and debuffs. Its not as bad as DRG but its another reason its being called MNK 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Actually it does, the proper tooltips show the SAM Kenki guage increases more base on skills used in certain positions e.g Gekko from the rear or Kasha from the side. You do a side combo into Kasha or Rear combo into Gekko to build up Kenki to use a Hissatsu ability which is an OCG finisher that spends Kenki instead of TP with single target and aoe variants for buffs and debuffs. Its not as bad as DRG but its another reason its being called MNK 2.0
    Link to this because all the English tooltips only say that Kenki is increased if used in a combo.

Link to this because all the English tooltips only say that Kenki is increased if used in a combo.

Its a fast, mobile job but its extremely position focussed.

Its a fast, mobile job but its extremely position focussed.
    Okay so it has 2 positionals on the combo finishers, it's still closer to DRG who has 4 positionals than MNK who has 6. 2 positionals isn't that bad.

Okay so it has 2 positionals on the combo finishers, it's still closer to DRG who has 4 positionals than MNK who has 6. 2 positionals isn't that bad.
    Its not just the DRG/MNK style but some combos end in things like a frontal cone and others end in a circular aoe with the player at the center so again your position can matter not just in terms of 'behind or to the side in single target' but you also need to focus your aoe rotations in a way that nobody else is really going to have to in SB. Its not bad but if you want a melee where your position is not important SAM is really not it.

Its not just the DRG/MNK style but some combos end in things like a frontal cone and others end in a circular aoe with the player at the center so again your position can matter not just in terms of 'behind or to the side in single target' but you also need to focus your aoe rotations in a way that nobody else is really going to have to in SB. Its not bad but if you want a melee where your position is not important SAM is really not it.
    Nah I don't care about that. It's completely different from positionals. You will always be looking at the mobs, meaning cleaves and aoe's will always hit them. You will not always be able to stand on the side of a mob or behind a mob because of AoE's etc, this is where positionals comes in. Notice the difference?