Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Except the part where Trump obstructs justice. That part might have a teensy correlation to impeachment worthy behavior. Lol.
    Oh yeah, I was grinning when I read the February 14th Oval Office Meeting portion of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Yes, Trump wanted to clear his name related to those allegations with an investigation. It's understandable when you think about it on a micro-level, but Comey was absolutely correct in recommending against it as it would create the appearance that Trump was being investigated as well as other issues. He was looking at the bigger picture, something Trump apparently has issues with.

In no way did Comey confirm the existence of those tapes in any way, shape, or form.
    uh, no... i didnt mean in that way... the thing that i wanted to say was that the memo (in particular how donnie boy talked to him about the dossier), gives more credence to that
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    uh, no... i didnt mean in that way... the thing that i wanted to say was that the memo (in particular how donnie boy talked to him about the dossier), gives more credence to that
    Credence to what? I'm terribly confused. That there are tapes of the alleged pee incident? Because no, it still doesn't do that.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-06-07 at 07:17 PM.

Credence to what? I'm terribly confused. That there are tapes of the alleged pee incident? Because no, it still doesn't do that.
    uh.. oh, my mistake then... i read too deep into the document

uh.. oh, my mistake then... i read too deep into the document
    I mean, it reconfirms the existence of the Steele Dossier, but we already knew that was confirmed to exist. It's always been the contents of the dossier that were unconfirmed, though press did start digging down and loosely confirming some of the details. Not sure where things stand with it now though, as I've not been keeping much of an eye on that. Too much other stuff going on and not enough time or space in my brain to keep track of everything -________-

Obstruction of justice fukin lol. you libs are reaching now. I'm willing to bet a permanent ban from here that nothing is going to happen from this. The whole thing blew up in your face. The only thing you have is that one part about Trump telling them he "hopes they let Flynn go". That's not an obstruction of justice. Ordering the FBI to stop the investigation would be an obstruction of justice. Don't think the POTUS did that.

Lot of sad people inc tomorrow and I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be the president's side.

My apologies to gibbons everywhere.

At some point you just have to let people like this go. They see what they want, they read only what they want to see, and hear only what amplified their internal echo chamber.

There are FOUR current investigations currently on-going into Trump, his people (staff, campaign, family, etc), and his businesses regarding both Russian collusion and money laundering. And those are only the ones we know about, because most investigations are not advertised.

So when people like the above can't see the obvious, it's time to move on.
    See what exactly? An investigation is not proof of shit. What PROOF have we received to say this is something other than benghazi for the left?

I read some article that was talking about some russian propagandist, and this guy had said someone would be a great choice for new FBI head. The article then said something to the effect of "because of this we know Russia wants this guy in there, likely because he too is guilty of dealings with russia", its pure Mccarthyism.

Innocent until PROVEN guilty, not suspected. Let me know when Trump or any of his cohorts are found GUILTY of a crime.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Oh yeah, I was grinning when I read the February 14th Oval Office Meeting portion of it.
    Lol, same here. Comey's notes are going to be admissible in almost any court of law - including impeachment hearings. Notes like that are considered almost transcripts of conversations, and can be used to impeach (different impeach) testimony, and prove perjury.

When Trump is out of office, and facing real jail time, and if he hasn't moved to Russia, those notes are going to be "golden" (see what I did there?).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Innocent until PROVEN guilty, not suspected. Let me know when Trump or any of his cohorts are found GUILTY of a crime.
    We will. You Trumpers are in for a VERY hard year.

Lol, same here. Comey's notes are going to be admissible in almost any court of law - including impeachment hearings. Notes like that are considered almost transcripts of conversations, and can be used to impeach (different impeach) testimony, and prove perjury.

When Trump is out of office, and facing real jail time, and if he hasn't moved to Russia, those notes are going to be "golden" (see what I did there?).
    Really? Why? It seems like it would be hearsay at best, who is to say notes cannot befalsified? Or just misremembered?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    Obstruction of justice fukin lol. you libs are reaching now. I'm willing to bet a permanent ban from here that nothing is going to happen from this. The whole thing blew up in your face. The only thing you have is that one part about Trump telling them he "hopes they let Flynn go". That's not an obstruction of justice. Ordering the FBI to stop the investigation would be an obstruction of justice. Don't think the POTUS did that.

Lot of sad people inc tomorrow and I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be the president's side.
    You know that, most of the "liberal" people are acting cautious for tomorrow? i mean, we all know that Comey wont say anything that hasnt been presented in written format previously (by WaPo or NYT, or CNN, etcetera).
    It's fucking funny to read you trumpies, you're the epithome of the meme of the dog sitting inside a flaming house. Many things have happened, a lot of them bad for Trumpy (the dismissal of Flynn, the Recusal and possible dismissal of Jeff Sessions, the implications and investigations on donnie's son in law...), and you still think that this is a librul conzpiracyh. I really hope, that when all of this goes down, you (all of you trumpettes) go down in flames, and vanish from the voting existence, for ever.
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2017-06-07 at 07:32 PM.

We will. You Trumpers are in for a VERY hard year.
    So are all the liberals that keep claiming that IMPEACHMENT IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER!!!!! Both sides are acting like idiots with this whole affair, which helps nobody.

Trump is likely in for a VERY hard year, but it's also very likely that he'll remain in office the whole time. These investigations take time, and while these may be "big revelations", they're just small pieces of the broader investigations and cases.

And if anything ends up nailing Trump for obstruction, it would be the alleged requests (denied as "pressure") to DNI/CIA to intervene/interfere with the FBI investigation. Though even that is a stretch right now.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Really? Why? It seems like it would be hearsay at best, who is to say notes cannot befalsified? Or just misremembered?
    And this is why we have google and education and all that fun stuff. Consistent notes taken during meetings of most kinds can be used to not only refresh memory, but impeach other testimony, given the nature of the notes, how they were taken, and how consistent they are taken.

Your point is valid, but in this case, unless there is something YUGE that Comey is hiding, those notes are admissible in a court of law. There are exceptions, of course, and they might fall under one that I'm not aware of, but for the most part, they are considered admissible.

It's the transcript of a (in that moment) director of a federal agency. that shit carries a ton weight

Happy Comey Week motherfuckers.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    So are all the liberals that keep claiming that IMPEACHMENT IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER!!!!! Both sides are acting like idiots with this whole affair, which helps nobody.

Trump is likely in for a VERY hard year, but it's also very likely that he'll remain in office the whole time. These investigations take time, and while these may be "big revelations", they're just small pieces of the broader investigations and cases.

And if anything ends up nailing Trump for obstruction, it would be the alleged requests (denied as "pressure") to DNI/CIA to intervene/interfere with the FBI investigation. Though even that is a stretch right now.
    Agreed. And when you think about it, the country as a whole is in for a very difficult time. Not only weathering the ouster of our nutcase President, who you pointed out will more than likely stay in office for a long time to come (even possible his entire first term, /shudder), but the aftereffects between people who saw this coming and tried to warn it off and are now PISSED that we are where they said we'd be, and the people who were bamboozled by Drumpf and are still recovering from his lies.

The third category of people will be the Trumpster die-hards, who will never believe in anything but their God-King, despite the reality laid bare.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

This is like the opening of ToS, but 2 weeks early

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

Sensationalist headline is sensationalist. I mean, if it's a bombshell, it's a pretty small one. It's an important fact, and it's not a good piece of info for the Trump camp, but it's also not anything that's going to blow anything wide open.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is like the opening of ToS, but 2 weeks early
    It's going to be beautiful. The Twitter Storm alone will be insane.

Agreed. And when you think about it, the country as a whole is in for a very difficult time. Not only weathering the ouster of our nutcase President, who you pointed out will more than likely stay in office for a long time to come (even possible his entire first term, /shudder), but the aftereffects between people who saw this coming and tried to warn it off and are now PISSED that we are where they said we'd be, and the people who were bamboozled by Drumpf and are still recovering from his lies.

The third category of people will be the Trumpster die-hards, who will never believe in anything but their God-King, despite the reality laid bare.
    Trumpy die-hards should be shamed for the rest of their lives, and if possible, driven out of the voting booth (also for the rest of their lives). if it was for me, after this shit goes down, i'd make a law that requires that every trumpy must have a radio on 24/7 that regularly says to him/her that he/she is an idiot, and that should not vote again.
    yeah, i'm vindictive, but that's for the good of humanity