Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    Obstruction of justice fukin lol. you libs are reaching now. I'm willing to bet a permanent ban from here that nothing is going to happen from this. The whole thing blew up in your face. The only thing you have is that one part about Trump telling them he "hopes they let Flynn go". That's not an obstruction of justice. Ordering the FBI to stop the investigation would be an obstruction of justice. Don't think the POTUS did that.

Lot of sad people inc tomorrow and I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be the president's side.
    When your boss asks you to do something, just come back the next day and say the reason you didn't was because it wasn't an order.

See how well that goes over.

Maybe you'll get fired like Comey did.
    Last edited by BrerBear; 2017-06-07 at 07:38 PM.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooooo twitter twit time?

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    This is like the opening of ToS, but 2 weeks early
    Hell yeah. Sadly the tragedy of our times is that the two stories on the top right (Homo Sapien fossils being found in Morocco, 100,000 years older than any found before, and SpaceX launching the next X-37) are gigantic, but overshadowed by the perversions of a reality television host / sexual predator who the deplorables made President.

I'd much rather be talking about the X-37.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Sensationalist headline is sensationalist. I mean, if it's a bombshell, it's a pretty small one. It's an important fact, and it's not a good piece of info for the Trump camp, but it's also not anything that's going to blow anything wide open.
    I dont think you will get anything bigver than that if you get even that. The most comey will do is pushback against the trump narrative that he was crazy

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sensationalist headline is sensationalist. I mean, if it's a bombshell, it's a pretty small one. It's an important fact, and it's not a good piece of info for the Trump camp, but it's also not anything that's going to blow anything wide open.
    Party pooper.

While your learned remarks are salient, there is another matter that is being ignored by you middle-liners (I just made that up, humor attempt - fail). Drumpf hasn't been in office for even six months yet, and there are four separate investigations going on, right now, that we know about, regarding all manner of his actions, behavior, and lies.

THAT is a truly remarkable event. Worthy of sensationalist headlines.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    When your boss asks you to do something, just come back the next day and say the reason you didn't was because it wasn't an order.

Maybe you'll get fired like Comey did.
    Lol, well done. /salute

(and yeah, those people saying "this wasn't an order" haven't been living in the real world)

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I dont think you will get anything bigver than that if you get even that. The most comey will do is pushback against the trump narrative that he was crazy
    Agreed, but I was never expecting any major bombshells from Comey's testimony. Some juicy details, absolutely. But I've expected, and continue to expect, his testimony to largely be uneventful. He'll confirm some facts already reported, but he's not really going to be revealing anything new.

People are desperate for anything, and losing site of the reality of how large, complex investigations like this work. Blowing everything out of proportion because you want to make a big deal about something is just silly, though. And it's beyond counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Party pooper.
    I am the anti-fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Hell yeah. Sadly the tragedy of our times is that the two stories on the top right (Homo Sapien fossils being found in Morocco, 100,000 years older than any found before, and SpaceX launching the next X-37) are gigantic, but overshadowed by the perversions of a reality television host / sexual predator who the deplorables made President.

I'd much rather be talking about the X-37.
    or the Homo Sapiens fossil. Really if we found a specimen 100k older than the next one, that pushes our collective story more than 100k years backwards in time! oh... i miss those times, when we could get interested in neat shit
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post

Not really. Maybe it's different where you are, but if my boss says he hopes that I'm able to do something does not even come close to me being able to do it. In my job, my boss for instance can hope that I develop and program something in a week, doesn't mean I'm going to do it or I'll even be able to do it. I'll probably just say not possible.

OT, I can already hear the crying incoming from the liberals in the future. And I see CNN like most liberals here are already picking the little part of the whole topic they can cling on to while ignoring the rest.

Found this in a good forum just to make it clear if I wasn't clear enough for the liberals here.

Obstruction of Justice:
    "Hey Mr. Investigator. Halt this investigation against my buddy Tom immediately, I'm good friends with your boss and I know people on Internal Affairs and lets just say any chance of career advancement in this town will be over and you'll be writing parking tickets for the next decade if you don't halt this investigation immediately"

Not Obstruction of Justice (what Trump did):

"I can't believe you all are going after my buddy Tom. I've known him all my life, he's a great guy. I hope you leave him"

If Trump says to Comey "drop the investigation into Flynn," then gets fired when he doesn't, then it is what it is...Anyone saying that such isn't proof of is living in a fantasy. I mean wtf could anyone want into this kinda thing? DNA evidence?

Not really. Maybe it's different where you are, but if my boss says he hopes that I'm able to do something does not even come close to me being able to do it. In my job, my boss for instance can hope that I develop and program something in a week, doesn't mean I'm going to do it or I'll even be able to do it. I'll probably just say not possible.

OT, I can already hear the crying incoming from the liberals in the future. And I see CNN like most liberals here are already picking the little part of the whole topic they can cling on to while ignoring the rest.

Found this in a good forum just to make it clear if I wasn't clear enough for the liberals here.

Obstruction of Justice:
    "Hey Mr. Investigator. Halt this investigation against my buddy Tom immediately, I'm good friends with your boss and I know people on Internal Affairs and lets just say any chance of career advancement in this town will be over and you'll be writing parking tickets for the next decade if you don't halt this investigation immediately"

"I can't believe you all are going after my buddy Tom. I've known him all my life, he's a great guy. I hope you leave him"
    Never mind the fact that Trump fired Comey over Trump-Russia by his own admission, which makes it Obstruction of Justice by your own definition. Or does firing enhance "career advancement".

This is why Trumpkins are terrible at this. They're not even internally consistent.

And I'm conservative, not liberal. The problem is you're not conservative either, so it's weird you're using the 'l' world all over the place.

7+ Year Old Account
    So are all the liberals that keep claiming that IMPEACHMENT IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER!!!!! Both sides are acting like idiots with this whole affair, which helps nobody.

Trump is likely in for a VERY hard year, but it's also very likely that he'll remain in office the whole time. These investigations take time, and while these may be "big revelations", they're just small pieces of the broader investigations and cases.

And if anything ends up nailing Trump for obstruction, it would be the alleged requests (denied as "pressure") to DNI/CIA to intervene/interfere with the FBI investigation. Though even that is a stretch right now.
    To be fair, wasn't the original IC-assessment that Russia had attempted to meddle in our election in order to "de-legitimize and undermine faith in the US election process," and then later "to that effect, aiding in the election of Donald Trump" ?

That is to say that, regardless of collusion or otherwise, the true intent is to undermine our faith in the election, our government and its agencies, and in particular the executive branch. I don't think the Kremlin wanted Trump personally, but rather someone who could be compromised (directly or through his associates) because the long-term goal is to destroy America and not to MAGA w/ Trump.

None of that is to say that the IC's testimonies are in any way false or misleading. But the public attention, through leaks and sensationalist media, is fostering this political rift between US-Right and US-Left. Trump's administration seems to be pushing for lawmakers to abandon Democrats (see statements about the filibuster, and recently his son's statements about Dems not being people); meanwhile Democrats, lacking in legislative power, are nonetheless out for blood by any means, and voters are demanding shortcuts be taken to resist Trump at all costs.

Neither Dems nor Reps are imploding... America is :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Bannon: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Covfefe The Wise?
    Trump: No?
    Bannon: I thought not. It’s not a story the Democrats would tell you. It’s a GOP legend. Covfefe was a Dark Lord of the GOP, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the masses to vote against their interests… He had such a knowledge of demagoguery, he could even keep the ones he cared about from becoming liberals.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Obstruction of Justice:

Out of ALL the adorable things found in your post here, the MOST adorable is that you think obstruction of justice comes in only one form, with specific words required.

As a runner up, you patently ignore that Trump, independent of Comey's testimony, admitted to obstructing justice. Comey's testimony in that regards only bolsters the case, it isn't necessary to make it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should I get the cruisers at the wash?

OT: Tomorrow will be great @Skroe, lets coordinate snacks.

10+ Year Old Account

Obstruction of Justice:

Apparently you forgot that Trump tweets.
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...07411132649473
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Out of ALL the adorable things found in your post here, the MOST adorable is that you think obstruction of justice comes in only one form, with specific words required.

As a runner up, you patently ignore that Trump, independent of Comey's testimony, admitted to obstructing justice. Comey's testimony in that regards only bolsters the case, it isn't necessary to make it.
    He literally said on national television i fired comey over the whole russian thing. That should have been it right then and there. Like i imagine their were some staffers face palming that moment. Like that scene in anvhorman 2 where all the television crew is telling them not to smoke crack on live tv

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    How about, "I fired him because this investigation was BS and he wouldn't let it go."?
    Nothing there says the firing was done because of the Flynn thing.. If anything Trump can easily argue that it is because they wouldn't finish the Russian investigation despite there being zero evidence of collusion. Especially since the last talk between the two of them was about the Russian investigation affecting his presidency and Comey refusing to anything about it despite it being so long.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Should I get the cruisers at the wash?

OT: Tomorrow will be great @Skroe, lets coordinate snacks.
    Obviously.
    i will get my personal burrito cruiser on point for tomorrorw. we need a big bbq and some beers too

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing there says the firing was done because of the Flynn thing.. If anything Trump can easily argue that it is because they wouldn't finish the Russian investigation despite there being zero evidence of collusion. Especially since the last talk between the two of them was about the Russian investigation affecting his presidency and Comey refusing to anything about it despite it being so long.
    he did say that on national tv... on an interview
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

7+ Year Old Account
    Obstruction of Justice:

Lol you want to talk about "picking apart the little part of the whole topic they can cling on to while ignoring the rest" while you literally do exactly that. Here's the part where Trump did more than what you're describing in your cute explanation of obstruction of justice:

It turned out to be just the two of us, seated at a small oval table in the
    center of the Green Room. Two Navy stewards waited on us, only entering the
    room to serve food and drinks.

The President began by asking me whether I wanted to stay on as FBI
    Director, which I found strange because he had already told me twice in earlier
    conversations that he hoped I would stay, and I had assured him that I intended to.

He said that lots of people wanted my job and, given the abuse I had taken during
    the previous year, he would understand if I wanted to walk away.

My instincts told me that the one-on-one setting, and the pretense that this
    was our first discussion about my position, meant the dinner was, at least in part,
    an effort to have me ask for my job and create some sort of patronage relationship.

That concerned me greatly, given the FBI’s traditionally independent status in the
    executive branch.

I replied that I loved my work and intended to stay and serve out my tenyear
    term as Director. And then, because the set-up made me uneasy, I added that
    I was not “reliable” in the way politicians use that word, but he could always count
    on me to tell him the truth.
    I added that I was not on anybody’s side politically
    and could not be counted on in the traditional political sense, a stance I said was in
    his best interest as the President.

A few moments later, the President said, “I need loyalty, I expect loyalty.”
    I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the
    awkward silence that followed. We simply looked at each other in silence. The
    conversation then moved on, but he returned to the subject near the end of our
    dinner.
    Last edited by vondevon; 2017-06-07 at 08:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Bannon: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Covfefe The Wise?
    Trump: No?
    Bannon: I thought not. It’s not a story the Democrats would tell you. It’s a GOP legend. Covfefe was a Dark Lord of the GOP, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the masses to vote against their interests… He had such a knowledge of demagoguery, he could even keep the ones he cared about from becoming liberals.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean there is 0 evidence of collusion? Trump fired Flynn over lying about his conversation with Russia. Comey didn't refuse, he found it extremely inappropriate and reported it to his superior. Going as far as asking to not be left alone with Trump again.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Never mind the fact that Trump fired Comey over Trump-Russia by his own admission, which makes it Obstruction of Justice by your own definition. Or does firing enhance "career advancement".

This is why Trumpkins are terrible at this. They're not even internally consistent.

And I'm conservative, not liberal. The problem is you're not conservative either, so it's weird you're using the 'l' world all over the place.
    Again maybe you're not up to date or you just didn't read. Trump kept asking Comey to finish the Russian Investigation and clear his name as there was no proof of collusion, as soon as possible which Comey didn't do despite being given enough time.

He didn't ask Comey to stop investigating him and then fire him. Yes if he did that, that would be a crime.