Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    You totaly misinterpreting BMI, its a fast simple (and rough) way to see if a avrage person is fat. Not if a elite athlete are fat.
    The average person, from 1800's Belgium. And even then, only to show the average weight v height distribution for the populace and not a measurement of health or fitness.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    The average person, from 1800's Belgium. And even then, only to show the average weight v height distribution for the populace and not a measurement of health or fitness.
    IBM do not work on extremes like a elite athlete hence use of average. It do give a rough estimate of % body fat. You do know what rough estimate are? So if you are do not agree that you are in the "fat-zone" you can be right becuse its only a rough estimate, and you can make a more rigorous and complicated test for a more accurate estimation.

If id have to guess, theres a lot of people around here that are insecure about their BMI.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    rofl

Arnold Schwarzenegger at his peak fitness greatly exceeded his BMI (31 to be exact which puts him as obese according to BMI ranges).
    ...how many Americans do you think match Arnold Schwarzenegger at his peak fitness, or are anywhere close to it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    For everyone who bitches about BMI (since there seem to be so many in this thread, who think they are some sort of muscular anomaly) get some skinfold calipers, or get bodyfat testing done. Calipers cost $10.

Will probably be a rude awakening for most of you.

Deleted
    As someone who is 22 pounds above normal I think this I can be fat and healthy thing is utter horseshit. We can all pretend that it isn't a problem because real beauty is on the outside or something, but that won't change the fact that excess fat is a health risk. And it really pisses me that I can't get rid of it.

Deleted
    Roy ''big country'' nelson heavyweight MMA fighter looks obese has a huge belly and was considered to have some of the best Cardio in the division it aint a myth

fit or not
    they are not attractive to most people

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toomulous View Post
    Roy ''big country'' nelson heavyweight MMA fighter looks obese has a huge belly and was considered to have some of the best Cardio in the division it aint a myth
    Yes, yes, we all know that one guy who is an exception to the rule. But there are 7.5 billion people on Earth. One guy is hardly representative data.

Deleted
    They do make a difference between metabolic healthy and medicinal healthy, study just shows that even if you are fit that extra fat will increase chance of stroke, heartproblems and whatnot.
    Being fat and strong, no problem. Being able to run while being chunky, sure thing. Still does not change that the study saw patterns for people with excess fat that the ones without did have as high markers for.