Page 64 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hallelujah! Praise be to the lord! Abbott is gone.

Boris Johnson embarrasing himself again
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2017-06-07 at 11:30 AM.

Deleted
    Late but good move to ditch Abbott.

Went to a Corbyn rally in Telford yesterday to observe, never really been a thing for me, politics shouldn't be a tribal event. But it's good to see large crowds drawn in even my own small town.

I'm stupid for hoping though, aren't I?

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    I'm stupid for hoping though, aren't I?
    I dunno, polls showing them gaining ground with a very large spike more recently: http://britainelects.com/
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Diane Abbot leaving the campaign is a good thing, hopefully she leaves politics forever. Corbyn should have ditched her ages ago though.
    A Labour MP said she has been suffering from a long term illness, which has affected her campaigning performance. It is the first time I have heard being a fucking idiot described as an illness.

She is worth about 5% of the Conservative vote, so hopefully she'll stick around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Heh im from telford i hward he was in the town centre last night.
    *Wave*

Wind made it hard to hear him though!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    A Labour MP said she has been suffering from a long term illness, which has affected her campaigning performance. It is the first time I have heard being a fucking idiot described as an illness.

She is worth about 5% of the Conservative vote, so hopefully she'll stick around.
    Oh yeah, i would have preferred if she stayed around until at least the election so she can tank Labours chances even more, although i am happy as British politics is better off without her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, i would have preferred if she stayed around until at least the election so she can tank Labours chances even more, although i am happy as British politics is better off without her.
    Abbott has said she'll be back soon...how exciting!

To clarify my earlier post, as I am sure some German-speaker will ask for a link, Labour's international trade spokesman Barry Gardiner was the person who said she was suffering from a long term illness that has affected her campaigning performance, he did not say being a fucking idiot was the illness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    Wind made it hard to hear him though!
    Yours or Corbyn's?

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    any guess for a reasonable timeline for results tomorrow ? from the polls it seems every side needs every vote they can get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    any guess for a reasonable timeline for results tomorrow ? from the polls it seems every side needs every vote they can get.
    They usually come in through the night, and unless its an obvious landslide we probably won't know until around 4-6am i guess? Could be wrong though.

- - - Updated - - -

I cannot really remember the last election, but i thought the results came in over night / early morning.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    They usually come in through the night, and unless its an obvious landslide we probably won't know until around 4-6am i guess? Could be wrong though.

- - - Updated - - -

I cannot really remember the last election, but i thought the results came in over night / early morning.
    Ok, so no safe results on thursday itself because landslide is off the table this time ?

Deleted
    Ok, so no safe results on thursday itself because landslide is off the table this time ?
    Results on thursday would be very unlikely since voting doesn't close until 10pm, a few small constituencies may get theres about ina few hours, but most won't be until the early hours of friday.

The final result won't be clear until the early hours of Friday, but the exit poll will be released just after 10pm and those are usually spot on, or very close to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinch View Post
    The final result won't be clear until the early hours of Friday, but the exit poll will be released just after 10pm and those are usually spot on, or very close to it.
    oh yeah i forgot about the exit polls, the media here cannot start talking about them until after 10pm, going to be interesting to see them

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, your 10 pm is 11 pm here in germany; i will miss the exit poll for sure. happy voting then and friday is the time to lay waste to the results here.

IVF shouldn't be on the NHS in the first place. If you want a child either adopt or pay for it out of your own pocket.

The whole NHS needs a reworking anyway, we can't continuously keep pumping tens of billions of pounds into it year after year. It's something I actually agree with Ann Widdecombe on, we need a non-partisan commission that deals with it in a grownup, apolitical way giving us a system fit for purpose, finally.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're not giving ivf then we better stop treating fat people, drinkers or smokers. Anyone who gets pissed on a Saturday and falls over should pay. You drink and drive and crash you pay for your treatment. Where do you stop? Ivf is not some vanity thing, sure it's a choice but you're restricting services that can directly impact patients mental health (depression due to not being able to conceive etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    IVF shouldn't be on the NHS in the first place. If you want a child either adopt or pay for it out of your own pocket.

The whole NHS needs a reworking anyway, we can't continuously keep pumping tens of billions of pounds into it year after year. It's something I actually agree with Ann Widdecombe on, we need a non-partisan commission that deals with it in a grownup, apolitical way giving us a system fit for purpose, finally.
    IVF isn't just for infertility. It can help remove pretty severe genetic conditions. Even if it was just for infertility though, children benefit an aging society.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Do you think the Widdecombe commission would advise ward closures and a reduction in A&E services?
    It would certainly prioritise spending, yes. Some wards in smaller hospitals should be closed and if we started giving drunk people, the major users of A&E over a weekend for example, a bill for their treatment perhaps we'd see a decline in public disorder and alcohol related illnesses. I'm all for a personal responsibility element to our NHS.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good luck Theresa, here's to your 50 plus seat majority.

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"