Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    I would like you to go clear a +25 tonight and come back to me. Tell me how it goes. Can I have a wowprogress link to show you've done it.

Also, some people like to do challenges in their video games. You know, just for fun.
    yeh sorry winning a pathetic little internet argument isn't reason enough to spend a couple of hours pushing m+

it's almost like clearing cutting edge for countless tiers i don't know what practice makes perfect is, but no you think you're the best there is and +25 is the pinnacle in gaming difficulty, it's cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    +15 will be the gear cap, it's +280% in the next patch, a +10 is currently +100%. If they're having trouble with current 10s, they're not going to be doing 15s, even with an extra 20 ilvls, because it's not going to give them 2.8x their current output and mechanics will be killing them that aren't in 10s.
    I agree with all that, it sounded like you were saying the mythics were receiving some sort of nerf (so that players would be buffed).
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    I read it all. Essentially what you're doing is removing the challenge from the timer by studying it until you've memorized every movement and have a premeditated counter for it. This should be more fun, then, because it forces you to adjust and adapt, rather than following a checklist and going through rote steps.
    Literally all PvE content can be described as "studying it until you've memorized every movement and have a premeditated counter for it."

7.2.5 throws that out the window for M+ and says, "yolo, Good Luck clearing content harder than Mythic Gul'dan on your first try."

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    it's almost like clearing cutting edge for countless tiers i don't know what practice makes perfect is, but no you think you're the best there is and +25 is the pinnacle in gaming difficulty, it's cute.
    Clearing cutting edge for countless tiers (At a lower rank than me) means something, but M+ means nothing because you don't do it. :thinking:
    Last edited by Emancptr; 2017-06-07 at 08:02 PM.

Clearing cutting edge for countless tiers (At a lower rank than me) means something, but M+ means nothing because you don't do it. :thinking:
    no i just don't do non rewarding content i did my +15's +10's for the max reward then i'm done im not going to push for a chunk of AP, this is WoW not diablo 3, no paragon grinding for me, i clear the hardest shit and move on i can't be assed pushing greater rift 120 or mythic+30 it's just the same over and over, even raiding gets grindy clearing the same shit, mythic + just takes it too far, i'd rather see some brand new challenging content instead of the same shit with higher hp/damage like diablo 3 does it gets boring.

edit: also i didn't say it means nothing, you're trying to put those words in my mouth. it's just not worth the time unless you really have some need to push 25 for wowprog ranks.

no i just don't do non rewarding content i did my +15's +10's for the max reward then i'm done im not going to push for a chunk of AP, this is WoW not diablo 3, no paragon grinding for me, i clear the hardest shit and move on i can't be assed pushing greater rift 120 or mythic+30 it's just the same over and over, even raiding gets grindy clearing the same shit, mythic + just takes it too far, i'd rather see some brand new challenging content instead of the same shit with higher hp/damage like diablo 3 does it gets boring.
    That is awesome dude!

Now that you've realized this issue literally does not matter to you at all. Let the people that it does matter to speak about the issues surrounding it.

Thanks!

Literally all PvE content can be described as "studying it until you've memorized every movement and have a premeditated counter for it."
    Yes. That's why I'm having a hard time understanding why you're trying to present it as some incredibly mysterious thing.

I've not seen them put down M+ at all. Your twitch emote pretty much sums up your attitude. How about we just lock the thread and crown you king or queen of WoW group content?

That is awesome dude!

Now that you've realized this issue literally does not matter to you at all. Let the people that it does matter to speak about the issues surrounding it.

Thanks!
    I've heard Blizzard has their own forums, did you know about this?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Yes. That's why I'm having a hard time understanding why you're trying to present it as some incredibly mysterious thing.
    I haven't presented it as some incredibly mysterious thing. I've presented it as something that requires practice, just like Mythic Raiding. And Blizzard is removing the ability to practice in 7.2.5.

The only reason this is an argument is because people that have never even tried to push mythic+ keys tried to suggest that you don't need practice for high M+ keys.

This thread devolved into a shit-fest when people that this issue has zero impact on tried to tell the people who this actually affects that it doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Emancptr; 2017-06-07 at 08:12 PM.

I haven't presented it as some incredibly mysterious thing. I've presented it as something that requires practice, just like Mythic Raiding. And Blizzard is removing the ability to practice in 7.2.5.

The only reason this is an argument is because people that have never even tried to push mythic+ keys tried to suggest that you don't need practice for high M+ keys.

This thread devolved into a shit-fest when people that this issue has zero impact on tried to tell the people who this actually affects that it doesn't matter.
    This thread devolved the minute it was posted, since A) the M+ changes have been in place for a long time and B) what good is posting a video on a fansite going to accomplish? Take it up with Bliz on their forums.

This thread devolved the minute it was posted, since A) the M+ changes have been in place for a long time and B) what good is posting a video on a fansite going to accomplish? Take it up with Bliz on their forums.
    Because Blizzard definitely doesn't read these forums and community sites right? This has been brought up there, as well as on other websites. The more exposure it gets the more likely it is to get fixed. Saying "Post on the forums quit whining here" isn't helping anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    If you split people who push 18+ into 2 categories, those who only push keys that aren't depleted, and those who push keys even once depleted, releveling etc, there is a SIGNIFICANTLY larger amount in the first category, and those people will be helped significantly by this change.
    I am in the first category, as is everyone I run M+ with.

We haven't ran out of keys once since the ap change that even made it worth running higher for any reason bar prestige. You'd have to play more than 99.9% (no I'm not exaggerating, that's probably generous in fact) of the playerbase to even have that as a concern.

Or be really inconsistent, but you can't balance around people who can't do a key 4 levels lower the week after.
    @Jimson some of us don't have US wow accounts, so indeed posting on fansites is more likely to get it seen by blizzard than the outright ignored EU forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I am in the first category, as is everyone I run M+ with.

We haven't ran out of keys once since the ap change that even made it worth running higher for any reason bar prestige..
    We do it for the prestige, this isn't about people who just push 1 high key, it's those who push a lot.

I run with a set grp, and we push up all our keys to 20, (Some die sooner, like 17+ caths/uppers on tyrannical weeks. which we cbf doing) to depletion, and run out by like sunday night. We push keys for enjoyment, content should be balanced around those doing things for enjoyment rather than purely reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    We do it for the prestige, this isn't about people who just push 1 high key, it's those who push a lot.

I run with a set grp, and we push up all our keys to 20, (Some die sooner, like 17+ caths/uppers on tyrannical weeks. which we cbf doing) to depletion, and run out by like sunday night. We push keys for enjoyment, content should be balanced around those doing things for enjoyment rather than purely reward.
    I push past 20 as well, but never had the running out issue. We enjoy doing it too, but even with us having lots of free time NEVER encountered not having a key to work up.

I repeat, you are in a tiny fraction of the playerbase who even has the time to do that. You won't even be factored in with changes regarding depleted keys and you aren't a significant sample.

I can easily do 10+ hours of M+ a week and not come close to depleting our keys. I don't understand (assuming you raid, which I understand a tiny amount of 20+ pushers don't) how you can reasonably argue it's common to deplete keys. Blizzard even said themselves the reason they are removing the key depletion is BECAUSE it's a nonfactor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

That is awesome dude!

Thanks!
    no because this doesn't affect just you this affects people who aren't as skilled and maybe doing lower keys, with far less gear and item level, this isn't about +23+25's only this affects people who casually play and maybe only do +7's don't want their key depleted now they get a +6 etc.

but it's cute you think everyone else in this thread is pushing +25's and their opinion matters.

why don't you go to a place with only +25's so you can listen to your own echo chamber, you'll love the responses you'll get i can assure you that.

no because this doesn't affect just you this affects people who aren't as skilled and maybe doing lower keys, with far less gear and item level, this isn't about +23+25's only this affects people who casually play and maybe only do +7's don't want their key depleted now they get a +6 etc.

but it's cute you think everyone else in this thread is pushing +25's and their opinion matters.

why don't you go to a place with only +25's so you can listen to your own echo chamber, you'll love the responses you'll get i can assure you that.
    Can you please go back and actually read the thread and listen to the changes that we are talking about. I know you're used to just reading one comment and then responding without any other context, but why don't you give it a chance.

I will bold it so that hopefully you can understand what is being talked about:

We are asking for the ability/choice to lock our key at it's current dungeon and M+ level and continue trying to defeat that particular dungeon at that particular level.

I understand that the 7.2.5 changes are a huge improvement for 99.99% of M+ players (I've said this in the thread at least 3 times). I don't want to take away from that.

However, I would like the option to re-run a dungeon (the way we've currently been able to) in 7.2.5.

Implementing an option for groups to choose to not -1 their keystone does not take away from other players.
    Last edited by Emancptr; 2017-06-07 at 10:26 PM.

Can you please go back and actually read the thread and listen to the changes that we are talking about. I know you're used to just reading one comment and then responding without any other context, but why don't you give it a chance.

I will bold it so that hopefully you can understand what is being talked about:

We are asking for the ability/choice to lock our key at it's current dungeon and M+ level and continue trying to defeat that particular dungeon at that particular level.

I understand that the 7.2.5 changes are a huge improvement for 99.99% of M+ players (I've said this in the thread at least 3 times). I don't want to take away from that.

However, I would like the option to re-run a dungeon (the way we've currently been able to) in 7.2.5.

Implementing an option for groups to choose to not -1 their keystone does not take away from other players.
    yeh a change for 0.01% of players? blizzard can't be bothered to fix specs for like 9 months or a year plus, you're not getting anything lol.

yeh a change for 0.01% of players? blizzard can't be bothered to fix specs for like 9 months or a year plus, you're not getting anything lol.
    Hey look, if you had read the thread the first time. This could have been your only response (and it's probably true). Blizzard is super unlikely to make this change, but there's no harm in asking.

Hey look, if you had read the thread the first time. This could have been your only response (and it's probably true). Blizzard is super unlikely to make this change, but there's no harm in asking.
    well if you know mmo-c you'll know this isn't the place to ask and you could of avoided discussing it here and trying official forums where blizzard might notice?

mmo-c is more for ranting freely than asking.

I also enjoyed pushing high m+ (r2 CoS ), but I see the point in these changes. Blizzard is trying something new, perhaps they want to see if more people continue to run their key after they reached their apex for a few times or if they don't. And look at it this way, oneshotting a high key requires way more skill and attention. With the buffs to difficulty you probably won't be pushing 25s anytime soon again, but regularly doing 20-22s in time will be quite a feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    I also enjoyed pushing high m+ (r2 CoS ), but I see the point in these changes. Blizzard is trying something new, perhaps they want to see if more people continue to run their key after they reached their apex for a few times or if they don't. And look at it this way, oneshotting a high key requires way more skill and attention. With the buffs to difficulty you probably won't be pushing 25s anytime soon again, but regularly doing 20-22s in time will be quite a feat.
    in this way it makes it more similar to VERY high level raiding, one shotting gul'dan in low gear/no new traits is insanely hard compared to people killing it now with new traits and probably 15 more item levels.

the perfect run is kind of like having the perfect pull, where as now people bruteforce gul'dan with being overgeared, just like ppl bruteforce a key by doing it over and over.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This change is a negative for such a tiny amount of people vs being a Positive to so many more that it is basically entirely a nonissue.