Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    While i am not a fan of the new flight form and have disabled it. I can see what blizzard was after, We have been blessed by Ariana to be one of her special "lunarwings" If it was its own spell or even a mount we turn into (like the sand drake) id like that A LOT more. A nice feathery cast (other mounts have cool mounting styles). I can see blizzard doing somthing before 7.3 to resolve the issue, most likely just make it have its own spell.. nothing special. But hey.. you get what you get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth2283 View Post
    We are the only class that cannot use our mounts in the majority of content (raids/pvp). We should be able to use our new class form as a mount, that way we'd be able to still have travel form independent of our new beautiful form. I don't think it was intended that we only get to see this new mount when we are flying around picking flowers or AFK in a major city. I want to be able to charge into battle on my new form!

I'm sure all Druids would agree.
    I'll trade you not being able to use mount in raids for instant cast and ability to interact with environment while on it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Some of the class mounts are amazing.. druids did end up with the short end of the stick, for sure.
    You cannot have the best raiding specs, the brainless rotations, the best gear-scaling, AND the best class mount.

Blizzard made his choice:

You have powerful and useful spec, but a horrible mount

10+ Year Old Account
    This is one of the only reasons why I'm fine with the form.

"Do you want to hear what I said again?"
    <Yes> <=
    <No>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clavarnway View Post
    Yeah, go to the shrine in the Dreamgrove. There is a NPC there
    So there is, "problem" solved then.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

You get new druid shapeshift models like every other expansion. This one is a flight model, as intended.

80% of other classes would take free 2 person mount over nicer cosmetic mount.

I hate the color for troll, dont mind the animations. Needing to spec blessing of the ancients in boomkin to get rid of it's pink/orange kinda sux.

Phoenix Model: Check!
    Owl: Check! (I LOVE them)
    Instant: Check!
    2-Seater: Check!

I love it! The only unfortunate thing is that we cannot use them in non-flying places (Raids). Oh and probably getting a resting/sitting animation would be cool. Seeing all those AFK druids on this form in the Dreamvgrove scared me (They are frozen in place).

One thing: I've seen people here complain about the size. Now think about this for a second, you have the ability to carry someone. How are you going to do it with the old Flight Form size?
    People hated MoP but now many say it is the "Best" expansion. Given enough time, WoD will be the "Best" as well, I dare say.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    Incorrect. Demon Hunters have literally no variation on theirs. There is exactly one bat appearance, and all Duntards get it.
    There are 2 colour variants that are listed as spec reliant on wowhead, maybe the variants are so close you dont notice it?

but demon hunters do have 2 colour variants to their specs.

Druids dont, hence my argument.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    mounts ok, could of been alot better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the form is entirely cosmetic sans the two seater feature, I'm not seeing the issue. Most of the class mounts are fugly and 90% of people are humping them anyway and flooding cities everywhere with derpiness. Cosmetic=optional=too bad.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

I love the mount, what I hate is colors being tied to race. I wanted the white owl but I'd have to be a hideous worgen to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    Druids dont, hence my argument.
    Then again, we're the only ones that have racial variants. So it's not exactly as if we didn't get anything in return.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SomeWhat View Post
    • There's no proper loot or casting animations, also something every other druid form has. Without it, the model freezes shortly if you loot anything, say for instance herbs/chests/ores. Why? Because the model it was based on was probably never intended to be used as a druid form.
    • There's no sitting animation. Also something literally every other druid form has.
    And all of that was only added in later. Many years after the forms themselves were introduced, generally. Just to put it in perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteox View Post
    Phoenix Model: Check!
    Owl: Check! (I LOVE them)
    Instant: Check!
    2-Seater: Check!

I love it! The only unfortunate thing is that we cannot use them in non-flying places (Raids). Oh and probably getting a resting/sitting animation would be cool. Seeing all those AFK druids on this form in the Dreamvgrove scared me (They are frozen in place).

One thing: I've seen people here complain about the size. Now think about this for a second, you have the ability to carry someone. How are you going to do it with the old Flight Form size?
    Wait... our new owl form is a 2 seater too? I didn't even realize

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    All Monk specs get the same mount (one colour). I think they tried to make up for it by giving us a companion that we can purchase, but it's still pretty lame. I was really hoping WW and Brew would get colours more fitting to their specs - maybe blue and gold. Nope. We all get the same.

Ima sad panda.
    Wait what? That's certainly disappointing

Deleted
    I still think the monk tiger is gorgeous and I love the fact that he talks to you when you mount him. It feels fleshed out even when there is only one look.

The druid mount has many pro's but also feel like it lacks some stuff. I am especially disappointed that it always hovers above the ground. I still like it quite a bit, but im not sure if I will keep using it forever.

My druid is one of my alts that I keep semi raid ready so I do spend a good amount of time on him. Personally I like the flight form/2 seater version since I've been helping my girlfriend (who just started playing WoW) get Pathfinder. I have completed so far the hunter, warrior and druid class mount quests and this so far has been the most lackluster of them.
    As most have said my biggest disappointment came by way of it not being usable in non-flying areas as other class mounts are. At the very least I wish they would of done an overall skin the travel form since flying and ground travel form share the same spell. Reskin/change stag form as well as flight form so we are able to utilize the "class mount" the same way as the rest of the classes.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    It automatically replaces the old flight form? Why not just make it a separate spell? It feels like they worked MORE just to ruin glyphs and limit cosmetic choices.
    That was the original intend, but something broke during the 7.2 ptr and they couldn't fix it, so they chose this solution instead.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

So many things wrong with the druid class mount, it looks stupid from the front, it's just a replacement for flight form instead of an actual mount, half-baked animation, the fact that it competes with various glyphs for travel form. When so many other classes got some really kick butt mounts (sorry priests, yours looks as bad as ours almost, but at least it's an actual mount) and when there were so many better ways to have done this, I really don't think the two-seater and the fact that it's instant cast makes up for how awful it looks. I'm keeping my warden's owl glyph personally. Looks cooler, sounds cooler, and the only downside there is random party members hopping on my back in stag form (if only each travel form had it's own option for display, cheetah plus warden's owl for instance). RIP druid class mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    This basically invalidates, in my mind, any complaint a Druid could possibly have about their class mount.

You guys get an instant-cast two-person flying mount - literally the only one of its type in the entire game - for free. Appearances aside, your mount is objectively superior to every other class'.

Now talk to a Hunter or DH. They just get slightly updated flightpath mounts.
    There are other 2 person flying mounts. one you can get for 50k a few hours worth of farming, yes its not instant cast but i would rater use that than ugly owl or whatever it is.... It is not when i cant use it in non flying zones like its should be ( cool looking ground mount )....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I'll trade you not being able to use mount in raids for instant cast and ability to interact with environment while on it.
    We were able to do that before we got the new "mount", well for years before.... If you wanna do that now, well get that golem mount
    Last edited by markos82; 2017-06-08 at 05:52 PM.