Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    if it works and saves money..why the hell not have that setup.
    Many people in Canada want and can afford more because it can get really hot in the summer. Also really cold in the winter. Its almost like we have 4 distinct seasons. You should have no trouble selling AC and furnaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    How do you figure that, right after denouncing scientists?
    Don't twist my words. I never denounced science or scientists as a whole, only the ones funded to agree with the political agenda of so called climate change.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I fart, but yet i breathe...don't i cool the earth?

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Find a scientist who isn't funded by the government, who thinks global warming due to human influence is real. Then I'll take it seriously. As it stands now, that 97% statistic that keeps getting throw around, all of them are on the goverment payroll to show evidence that supports global warming. If they don't , they are denied money/grants for their research.

The earth had an ice age about 10,000* years ago, we know that for a fact. The earth has continually become warmer and warmer as "technically" we are still partially in the ice age, but the tail end of it so to speak.

The evidence most of the public is presented is more political than it is scientific, and people are so easily....influenced.
    The irony of your statement is that if this was true 97% would say "no there isn't" because climate change will COST governments lots of money to solve. So why would they claim its true :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't twist my words. I never denounced science or scientists as a whole, only the ones funded to agree with the political agenda of so called climate change.
    What would this global conspiracy of scientists and states be trying to achieve, exactly? I mean, for such a huge world-encompassing lie, there has the be some other goal than less smog, sustainable energy and new technological developments?

Jaylocks really running out of steam this week. Even off topics not biting like WoW general. Take a break man, recharge those batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    What would this global conspiracy of scientists and states be trying to achieve, exactly? I mean, for such a huge world-encompassing lie, there has the be some other goal than less smog, sustainable energy and new technological developments?
    They are trying to keep us from realizing, that stargate series is actually a documentary from the future
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Global warming is real, the temperature has been steadily going up.

That is real data that you can not deny.

The real debate is if it is a natural cycle of Earth or if we caused it. That debate can be further nuanced into: "just how much effect are we having on climate change and is there anything we can do about it?"

My personal belief is that it is a natural cycle, that our activity may have sped up or accelerated it, but I do not believe our activity is the primary driving force behind it.

I also belief that we are in the short ("short" in a geological sense: couple of hundred to 1000 years or so) warming period that precludes another ice age. (Most ice ages are precluded by a "short" warming period).
    You're acting as if this is somehow a reasonable position.

It isn't. It's flat-earther levels of ignoring evidence and lying about facts. This isn't the middle ground; you're out in deep left field with the conspiracy nuts.

We know it is not a natural cycle; no natural cycle has proceeded this quickly without some cataclysmic trigger event, like a massive asteroid impact. No natural factors explain the warming; if anything, natural factors suggest we should be cooling.

Also, we're in an ice age. An "ice age" is a period when there's ice caps at the poles. What we're in right now is an interglacial period, and the last glacial period ended about 12,000 years ago. The Quaternary Ice Age we're in has been ongoing for millions of years, cycling between glacial and interglacial cycles regularly. Those proceed with rapid warming at the outset, for a couple thousand years before things balance out, and then temperatures slowly cool from that point on. There is no rapid onset of the next glacial period.

These things aren't questions. We know how much human activity is affecting the climate. We can measure the warming, and we know what we've been emitting, and we know how that affects atmospheric chemistry and heat retention and the like. This stuff isn't questioned. Refining models and such, sure, but the idea that anthropogenic factors are the driver of climate change and not natural cycles has been confirmed and settled for over 40 years.

http://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar5/wg1/
    There's everything you'd want to know about the physical science on this.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quaternary_glaciation
    There's everything you want to know about the current ice age and how it's gone.

Here's an image of the temperatures during the Quaternary; you can see the spikes at the beginning of interglacials and the slow decline from there until the next spike;

If we followed similar patterns, we'd be on that downward slope.

Is global warming for real or what? In theory, it's certainly obvious that if enough greenhouse gases were dumped into the air, we'd get global warming. On the other hand, I've heard some people saying that there isn't any proof. What's the deal? Is global warming happening?

Should I start selling coastal real estate futures?
    Of course it's real that's why we have to kill all the cows so they stop polluting the earth with ghg. And I'm quite serious when I say they contribute to ghg emissions. Their belches release about half a ton of ghg.

Global Warming is real. Global Warming is something that happens as a part of Climate Change. Scientists still use both terms, which still describe different things. Climate Change is not a new term. Take a wild guess at what the 'CC' in IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on ? ?, founded in 1988) stands for.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Even if it's not. Would it be such a bad thing to treat the earth better?
    This should be the end all to this discussion :3

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    First the earth was cooling. Then it was warming. Now it's just climate change. Pretty sure no one actually denies that the climate changes.
    1) Cooling was always a minority position. 2) Both global warming and climate change have both been in use simultaneously for decades. Because they describe different, but related, things.

The cooling and name change arguments are demonstrably false and have been pointing out as such multiple times. But that doesn't stop you guys from wheeling it out every single time this topic comes up.

I could write paragraphs about deeper problems in the reasoning behind these arguments.

Find a scientist who isn't funded by the government, who thinks global warming due to human influence is real. Then I'll take it seriously. As it stands now, that 97% statistic that keeps getting throw around, all of them are on the goverment payroll to show evidence that supports global warming. If they don't , they are denied money/grants for their research.
    Virtually every government in the world has to be colluding to influence their scientists to paint the same picture despite said governments being unable to settle territory disputes or agree to not kill each other. But they're all working together in order to tax your ass, apparently.

Do you guys ever think about the logical consequences of this argument, and how fucking stupid it ends up sounding?

The earth had an ice age about 10,000* years ago, we know that for a fact. The earth has continually become warmer and warmer as "technically" we are still partially in the ice age, but the tail end of it so to speak.
    And the whole point is that the rate of warming is not natural.

The evidence most of the public is presented is more political than it is scientific, and people are so easily....influenced.
    Well this is ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Global warming is real, the temperature has been steadily going up.

That is real data that you can not deny.

The real debate is if it is a natural cycle of Earth or if we caused it. That debate can be further nuanced into: "just how much effect are we having on climate change and is there anything we can do about it?"

My personal belief is that it is a natural cycle, that our activity may have sped up or accelerated it, but I do not believe our activity is the primary driving force behind it.
    You're basically right by virtue of the fact that you've incorrectly identified what scientists and the theory are actually saying. The natural effects are part of the theory and built into all of the models. The whole question is: 'have human activities increased the rate of warming?' and the answer is yes. They're not saying: 'are we the only reason the climate is changing?'

It's the sum total of natural cycles and human contributions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Global Warming is real. Global Warming is something that happens as a part of Climate Change. Scientists still use both terms, which still describe different things. Climate Change is not a new term. Take a wild guess at what the 'CC' in IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on ? ?, founded in 1988) stands for.
    Clobal Carming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is global warming for real or what? In theory, it's certainly obvious that if enough greenhouse gases were dumped into the air, we'd get global warming. On the other hand, I've heard some people saying that there isn't any proof. What's the deal? Is global warming happening?

Should I start selling coastal real estate futures?
    Wanna know why I don't believe in Global Warming? Because I believe in the bible like billions of other people. I mean just my believes OFC.
    In the book of revelations, it explains everything we need to know about what's coming and I promise its got nothing to do with Global warming. and OFC INB4 " But.But....But!...but!...but!! science!!!!!!!..

You wanna know what science is? It's the greatest thing man can accomplish. To God? Its the toilet paper he just wiped his ass with and tossed to us. All I can say is this " But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things" Let the denial, hate and rage begin.
    Last edited by Reclaimer; 2017-06-07 at 10:38 PM.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

The sky is blue.

Water is wet.

Earth is a spheroid.

Earth's natural climate cycle is changing at an unnatural rate due to humans.

Pi is the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Deleted
    No... we are all just freaking out over something with no proof or reasoning whatsoever.

Really? What sort of misimfornation do you get fed to even think that?

Of course it's real, of course it's very worrying and will result in devastating consequences. Scientists know it, if you look at the rate at wich glaciers are melting you will wee it, if you look at temperature charts that aren't only from a very tiny time frame you will see it. The proof can be seen by anyone who wants.

Do not listen to dumbass religious or republican sorts. They lie to your face and would kill you and all your loved ones if they got to keep playing holyer and richer than you. Utter scum of the human race.

The changes we need to make should have conservative support. There would be less pollution and more energy independence. Conservative voters should be 100% behind this. Maybe not bought and paid for politicians, but the voters at least.

I fart, but yet i breathe...don't i cool the earth?
    go read up pls, fartting and breathing both heat up the earth

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Wanna know why I don't believe in Global Warming? Because I believe in the bible like billions of other people. I mean just my believes OFC.
    In the book of revelations, it explains everything we need to know about what's coming and I promise its got nothing to do with Global warming. and OFC INB4 " But.But....But!...but!...but!! science!!!!!!!..

You wanna know what science is? It's the greatest thing man can accomplish. To God? Its the toilet paper he just wiped his ass with and tossed to us. All I can say is this " But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things" Let the denial, hate and rage begin.
    Pls gud sir, as Moses wrote in his forum post... wait, he didn't right? Cus science bit**! Tell me preacher why do you use this ungodly machine to fuel the flames of the non believers?
    Jesus did his work, PRAISE THE LORD, he suffered for us, its not your job to bring this foolish heathens into the light go back to your flock and turn the other cheek as he did!

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I'll believe it when i see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Thankfully, most of the Christians in the world aren't the US flavor of evangelical science deniers. So you're missing some extra reasons, because you may believe in the Bible like billions of other people, but most of those billions don't agree with the dumb-ass positions of some millions in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Climate change is important but the usual deniers also support a wide variety of pollution. Its almost like if you can clean up one, you can help clean up the other.
    That's what I think as well. We can kill two birds with one stone on this one.