Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    The string of people I got to report for harassment when I bloody coin murdered them for a mount.

LOOK PEOPLE I had to take my unfair deaths too, I promise their were tears on my face with each pointless pixel murder.

yea..no.. most of the people doing that were doing it to harass, not for the mount.

I'm personally hoping whatever resources they had were pulled from Broken Shore to work on Argus in patch 7.3. That's the only explanation as to why the campaign felt like filler compared to the Suramar campaign.
    But time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    yea..no.. most of the people doing that were doing it to harass, not for the mount.
    o I did it for the mount, I got the exact amount of coins I needed and then never bothered anyone again

I wasn't actually all that fond of Timeless Isle in retrospect. I got the mounts I wanted and then ran my alts out there once a week for world boss kills. I didn't really get the bizarre amounts of time people spent. The little farming I did for coins and houlon gave me enough armor tokens that I still have 100+ stuffed in my character banks >_>

Maybe I just literally don't play wow correctly. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Compared to Isle of Thunder, it was an absolute poop, yes.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ok I didn't play Quel'thalas and Molten Core when it was current, but I did do the dailies for rep and achieves; other than dailies did these zones have anything else to offer?

Thunder Isle had a weekly quest to further the development of your base on the island, a bunch of dailies, a world boss and rares to kill for currency. Timeless Isle was exactly the same, plus an extra world boss.

Tanaan again was basically the same, dailies and weekly quests, farming rares for currency and mounts/pets.

Broken Isle has daily world quests, a weekly which has now finished, farming rares for currency, world bosses plus whatever bonus you get from the buildings

So apart from the environment, exactly how is Broken Shore worse than the other zones?

7+ Year Old Account
    The World Quests are good, some of them are pretty interesting, fun and a some silly fun, others are your usual.

The Story Campaign was utter fucking garbage though. No excuses on that Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    The campaign was garbage, the class quests were meh, the balancing of its rewards was clearly not tested properly seeing as they had to rebalance it daily for the first week or 2 and just in general it's not particularly interesting. But hey, small indie company and all that, can't expect too much.
    Can't tell if sarcasm or doesn't know Blizzard is a muli-million dollar company that has a partnership with another multi-million dollar company.

blizzard has more than enough money to crush competition in the market, but it's clear that market isn't their primary goal with games like Overwatch, HotS and Hearthstone (even if they are currently being shown up by a development studio half their size with half their budget half a planet away.)
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    I can't tell if it's a failure or it just takes too much to impress me.

I did it the evening it came out, cleaned out everything available, and found it so boring I never went back. Kind of irritating that if I ever do come back, I will need the rep for flying -_-

- - - Updated - - -

Dumb hyperbole aside, that's sort of the point of 'entertainment'. Like the only the point.
    And how does crying around help with that? if it isn't entertaining you, you can play another game and/or share your opinion how to fix it somewhere developers will see. People can keep getting depressed and mad about it if they choose to, i just said it is pointless

Quote Originally Posted by mrsohta View Post
    And how does crying around help with that? if it isn't entertaining you, you can play another game and/or share your opinion how to fix it somewhere developers will see
    And where is that exactly

If I'm playing another game that means I can't post on their forums

If I'm on twitter they get thousands of inane tweets a day

If I'm here you bitch about it

If I email them.... who exactly do you email to address feral druid mechanics issues that have been compounding for 6+ years? I didn't see that contact anywhere on their site.

Great advice.

I had hoped that they would have slowly progressed the zone to make it look like you were actually reclaiming the isle from the Legion. Like each week you would take back a small portion of the isle and with it build new fortifications for your eventual assault on the tomb. Then with each area you took back you unlocked stuff like new dailies, buffs, potential enemies, and even rewards.

Needless to say this didn't happen, so I was disappointed.
    "How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? A thousand eyes, and one."

I hated it because
    1. Before flying, it was a pain in the ASS to navigate.
    2. The zone looked depressing as fuck, similar to Tennan, which I hated. (loved timeless isle to death)
    3. Its not the timeless isle, meaning its not the endgame zone of catch up mechanics, if Argus will be like the timeless isle, this point will become obsolete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

It failed to even come close to Isle of Thunder.

It was a disappointment at the bare minimum, but it wasn't an utter failure I'd say. It was still alright.

I am confused though how Blizzard could make things like the Isle of Thunder and Krasarang Wilds Landfall questlines, but not even come nearly close to that with the Broken Shore.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    If that's what you heard... then by all means... enjoy your big piece of shit pie served warm direct from Ion' posterior.

We more sophisticated gamers know better.

The fact that you just called yourself sophisticated is probably the joke of the century right there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    If it was intended to be a complete and utter let down, with 10 minutes worth of "content" each week and absolutely NO reason to do any of it...

Yep... it was perfect for what it was intended.

I think we should look at the intention more than the result. What DID Blizzard intend or expect this garbage to provide?
    What about a new area for World Quests? An area that makes it easier to gear up your alts? There are several things to consider other than how much time a single quest in a gated questchain takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    This and this both seem to be hyping up the class/Legionfall campaigns as a major feature of the patch. Also, as the poster above says, a 10 week long "intro" quest? Yeah no. It was advertised as being an important part of the story progression(just as the Insurrection campaign was), and did not deliver on that at all.
    Important you can't argue it didn't deliver on.
    Your personal preference on what makes a story interesting, yes you could argue.
    But that is then personal, and not something that someone can simply say it was or wasn't.

Important does not need to equal interesting to you personally, which blizzard simply can't do for everyone.
    Personally I enjoyed some of the broken shore content, some of it not so much.
    So it is just petty and immature to call it an utter failure, which seems to be a common trend - generalising from cherry-picked parts.
    Was a lot of it repetitive, and simply "more demons" - yes.
    But calling it out as one thing which simply does not apply to the whole, that is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I don't think it was a failure. I simply added it as an additional layer of content on top of all the other stuff that is going on. To begin with, I've never expected a small island like that to provide me extremely innovative and genuine content for ten weeks because it isn't a standalone expansion. I got what I expected to see instead; lots of huge demons, lots of portals, lots of fel energy all over the place and lots of world quests.

Your problem is that you've got huge expectations. The feeling of being content with something depends on the ratio at which our expectations are met and you must've set the bar quite high in order to be unhappy with the Broken Shore.
    And those expectations were set by Blizzard in the Nightfallen/Suramar quest line. WE KNOW that this team can do better so the make-work weekly quests and lack of anything resembling good content + the fact that it's spread over 12 weeks makes it an utter disappointment.

I don't think the broken shore is a failure, i think it's a pacing issue. If they do content too fast (people finish it quickly and complain there's nothing to do). If you spread it out too much, people finish the immediate stuff quickly and get bored waiting for the next part etc. It's hard to balance, it's even harder to make everyone happy.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    And those expectations were set by Blizzard in the Nightfallen/Suramar quest line. WE KNOW that this team can do better so the make-work weekly quests and lack of anything resembling good content + the fact that it's spread over 12 weeks makes it an utter disappointment.
    It wasn't set by the Nightfallen/Suramar questline because the two are totally different things. The Nightfallen questline is in no way tied to the Broken Shore and in no way has it ever been brought up that the Broken Shore will be as good as the Suramar questlines. That is simply your expectation.

Deleted
    I sometimes really wonder if other MMOs are paying people to constantly bash and badmouth WoW. Yes, it wasn't as glorious a campaign as the Suramar/Nightfallen one (and real kudos to Blizz for that one, it was fantastic), but who freaking cares, it's over now. There is still enough to do in WoW, and I still never have the feeling of being bored. On the contrary, there is almost always more I want to do than I have time for.

Giving this feedback on the official forums is probably good to push the devs not to repeat this, but then just move on...

It worked out fine for a daily quest hub. That really was all it was meant to be...