Thread: Explosive Affix

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    Only issue I've had with Explosive is in high mythic+ Maw, where you cannot kill the first boss without him spawning the adds. Those adds spawn around 6 orbs pretty often and all over the place.
    You can reduce how many adds are spawining there, so reducing orbs count. (with good healer or antimagic skills)

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    "The week when no one invites affliction warlocks to the M+ pugs"
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Lol, are you freaking kidding me? This is THE affliction affix, period! You do know that you can basically use them to have +20% permanent damage buff, right? Also, if you're good, you even get a shard from them. Affliction dps skyrockets because of this affix...
    We actually run some stats on this and I got curious (I'm an affliction lock myself) to see how often warlocks were in successful runs with the explosive affix. It looks like they are the 4th most popular class for the DPS role across the board (for bolstering, explosive, tyrannical). Blizzard doesn't give us player specs on runs so I can't get specific enough to say whether or not affliction is a popular choice, but if I click through some of the warlocks in the top level runs it looks like most of them MS Affliction. At least you're not a monk - they are the least represented among tanks, healers, AND DPS for almost every affixes.

Quote Originally Posted by KrotosTheTank View Post
    I just wish you could at LEAST tab to them, or even more of a concession, target macro them, but you can't.
    I was able to tab target them last night, so it looks like that changed. I didn't have time to see if a macro would work. Of course, hoping that tab gets around to selecting them quickly enough isn't always the right choice...

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    If a talent that is viewed subpar because it doesnt increase your throughput as much as the other talent, but it fully counters an ability that you are having trouble with, then why is it not taken? if it gets you the kill, you take it. epeening meters isn't going to help the group unless you are actually running out of time from lack of dps.
    Jesus, just stop and admit you don't know a fucking thing about prot warriors. Devastator has little to do with "epeening meters" (hint: if you're in any kind of half-ass group, the tank dmg isn't going to be the make or break factor) and everything to do with Shield Slam procs/rage generation (which makes Ignore Pain quicker/stronger). Yeah, you could spec out of Devastator and into Indomitable (which increases your throughput by zero, by the way), but it's a net loss on mitigation, rage, and damage. In the meantime there's 3 DPS who could stop tunneling for a few seconds and one-shot the bomb.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsoga View Post
    At least you're not a monk - they are the least represented among tanks, healers, AND DPS for almost every affixes.
    Nice chart. I like your website, btw... the way information is presented is really cool. As for monks... aren't they the least represented class throughout the game? I swear I remember seeing that on MMO-C recently and being impressed something finally surpassed rogues/locks.
    Last edited by Jimson; 2017-06-07 at 01:28 PM.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by TorikSAn View Post
    You can reduce how many adds are spawining there, so reducing orbs count. (with good healer or antimagic skills)
    How does one reduce the amount of adds?

Soak the purple swirls that come out of the boss as he's spawning adds (think Krosus). They do damage when you soak them though so be aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    Soak the purple swirls that come out of the boss as he's spawning adds (think Krosus). They do damage when you soak them though so be aware.
    This. It drives me nuts on >10 when no one soaks a single swirl and then the adds come along and just beat the hell out of me.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    I just wish you could at LEAST tab to them, or even more of a concession, target macro them, but you can't. They have to be manually clicked, and that's a load of shit. I'm hoping I'm wrong now and they've fixed that, but if not, it's pretty lame.
    That's the whole point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Nice chart. I like your website, btw... the way information is presented is really cool. As for monks... aren't they the least represented class throughout the game? I swear I remember seeing that on MMO-C recently and being impressed something finally surpassed rogues/locks.
    They are. Mistweaver was subpar and have no raid utility and brewmaster was below mediocre in the start, windwalker was the only saving grace and not a lot of people want to play it

Explosive isnt even hard on prot warrior. As a matter of fact, you are nigh unkillable with it as it procs victory rush. Just tell ur dps to let you kill the orbs and just click>VR>click>VR.....

Quote Originally Posted by unsane1231 View Post
    Explosive isnt even hard on prot warrior. As a matter of fact, you are nigh unkillable with it as it procs victory rush. Just tell ur dps to let you kill the orbs and just click>VR>click>VR.....
    The obvious issue being you need to kill it to proc VR, but as the discussion above explains, we only have one untalented ability to do so and it may be on CD. Solution is to spec into Impending Victory, I guess.

Its not like you need to kill it the millisecond it spawns if you target swap quick enough. If SS is on cd then just wait ~2 seconds max and ur auto atk devastator will take care of it while you continue to aoe the surrounding mobs. Then the victory rush spam begins.

This affix is easymode. They are tab targetable now. Did a +11 Arcway with Explosive/Bolstering/Tyrannical. Just don't pull like a shithead and explosive is a joke.

Taking specific talents that are normally non-optimally its TOTALLY OKAY for hard m+ affixed. If devastator is the norm, but devastate trivializes explosive, then don't take devastator. Duh

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    This. It drives me nuts on >10 when no one soaks a single swirl and then the adds come along and just beat the hell out of me.
    It's even worse on Necrotic weeks....

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    That's the whole point.
    The whole point is to be needlessly annoying? Limiting means of selection is annoying, plain and simple, the "whole point" is that we have to kill them period, not worry about how to rapidly target them as well.

Deleted
    It's even worse on Necrotic weeks....

The whole point is to be needlessly annoying? Limiting means of selection is annoying, plain and simple, the "whole point" is that we have to kill them period, not worry about how to rapidly target them as well.
    It would be an absolute useless affix if you could macro or just tab to them, and i think they're tab targetable now so it's even more easy mode, for once you have to actually pay attention.

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    It would be an absolute useless affix if you could macro or just tab to them, and i think they're tab targetable now so it's even more easy mode, for once you have to actually pay attention.
    You're coming off as if I dislike anything "difficult". Feel free to stop, I always top damage on the orbs, top interrupts in groups, and know how to do more than just tank. Tab targetting is indeed doable now and it's still not trivial, it's something you have to pay attention to, particularly in large groups, but not a needlessly shit, it works well now imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did a BRH +7 last night and it did feel like they could be tab targeted.

i feel like they upped the spawn rate tho, they seemed to appear alot faster than before, it was common we got orbs from the same mobs twice per pull, even when we comfortably 3chested medium keys...

94 orbs in ~19 minutes DHT +13, roughly 5 per minute. 262k hp each. 0 damage taken, all killed!

Easiest lvl 7 affix by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    i feel like they upped the spawn rate tho, they seemed to appear alot faster than before, it was common we got orbs from the same mobs twice per pull, even when we comfortably 3chested medium keys...
    Really? I had the opposite takeaway. The last time it was up I remember having like 2 or 3 proc almost at once. Now it seems as though they come one at a time and if you switch they're very manageable. But it could also be that I just have better groups this time.