Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    mage one is pretty shitty

I don't care. Just another mount to an already mount inflated game.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    What did you expect from a Holyed up Undead Warhorse?
    it to be a warhorse indeed

Quote Originally Posted by BigAinCA View Post
    I do not like how the sword passes through it which makes it look like a rudder on a ship.
    Honestly, I didn't even notice that. I don't have problems with graphic glitches of these sorts tho, I find them quite amusing.

Currently have:

DH mount: Dislike it, but just from an aesthetic standpoint, would have preferred a chatty, armored netherdrake, but it fits the class and looks okay, and the summoning animation is incredible

Monk mount: I love Ban-lu, pleasing color scheme, fun quest series, but not really super involved, the fight at the end would have been cool if it had lasted long enough but there were other monks around and we nuked him.

Priest mount: Favorite so far, the quest was AMAZINGLY fun, gave us some very cool lore about the Titans, and the mounts themselves look great, I love the particle effects and the summoning animations.

As an aside, not gonna go for the DK mount for reasons, but I got a good view of it and part of me pities them because they have fuzzy, low-rez textures like when you've just come out of a loading screen and the full texture map hasn't loaded, it's so laughably bad once you notice it, I hope it's a bug with the skin.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2017-06-08 at 06:53 AM.

Racist tiger is racist. Also, annoying (Monk) Dh one is p sweet tho 8)
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Paladin is up to 7 class mounts now wtf.xD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Yet how did you feel when you got your first epic charger? (if you played during vanilla) It is not the best looking mount.... but damn I earned that shit (prenerfs) and so I value it
    I got the original Charger during vanilla, that quest line was punishing both cost and skill wise. The Judgment riddle at the end was particularly fun. Everyone was salty that paladins got the Expert Riding skill "for free" but didn't realise that it actually cost more than just buying the Expert riding skill would.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Yet both the warlock mount and the paladin mount still cost less than what anyone else had to do/pay for their epic mounts.

So yes you got a cool mount, and an interesting quest to go along with it. But you by no means worked harder for it than anyone else... in fact you worked less. I played vanilla on my warlock specifically for that mount, and my brother played his paladin.

Don't try to make that out to be more than it really is/was.

These mount quests are on par with our artifact quest lines... kind of fun, kind of generic, easy, short, with really cool rewards.
    You only paid less if you found a pristine black diamond and won the roll (because it was worth 700/900 gold). Meanwhile if you wanted to chance that, you would not see your steed for a long time. The Pristine Black Diamond had a shit % to drop when it was current.

And I am not sure where you are getting at with "you worked less hard then anyone else". I ran dungeons until my eyes bled. Then after a long time, finally it dropped and luckily I was in a guildrun. I had seen it drop a couple of times only for it to be "needed" by puggers who would sell it. And who could blame them?
    As I was a holy paladin... grinding any gold was not something I enjoyed or was quick at. But after grinding so many dungeons I did come close to earning the gold required to buy the diamond. If you add up the rest of the cost, I would have paid the same as anyone else. Still the work we paladins did was really long.

But I need to say though that the paladin quest chain was a lot harder (and no I won't let you sully that experience by saying it was tedious) then it is currently + it was in no way the same in difficulty vs the warlock one. I did the warlock one too during vanilla. Though I did very much like the experience as a lock too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    I got the original Charger during vanilla, that quest line was punishing both cost and skill wise. The Judgment riddle at the end was particularly fun. Everyone was salty that paladins got the Expert Riding skill "for free" but didn't realise that it actually cost more than just buying the Expert riding skill would.
    Exactly this.

10+ Year Old Account
    You only paid less if you found a pristine black diamond and won the roll (because it was worth 700/900 gold). Meanwhile if you wanted to chance that, you would not see your steed for a long time. The Pristine Black Diamond had a shit % to drop when it was current.

And I am not sure where you are getting at with "you worked less hard then anyone else". I ran dungeons until my eyes bled. Then after a long time, finally it dropped and luckily I was in a guildrun. I had seen it drop a couple of times only for it to be "needed" by puggers who would sell it. And who could blame them?
    As I was a holy paladin... grinding any gold was not something I enjoyed or was quick at. But after grinding so many dungeons I did come close to earning the gold required to buy the diamond. If you add up the rest of the cost, I would have paid the same as anyone else. Still the work we paladins did was really long.

But I need to say though that the paladin quest chain was a lot harder (and no I won't let you sully that experience by saying it was tedious) then it is currently + it was in no way the same in difficulty vs the warlock one. I did the warlock one too during vanilla. Though I did very much like the experience as a lock too.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly this.
    The original cost of an epic mount was 1000g.

This post (which does not have an agenda) from 2007 shows that you are greatly inflating the cost, time, and effort necessary to complete.

Warlocks get free mounts also. The level 40 ones are easy to get from a quest for almost no money, but the level 60 ones are very difficult quests that will cost you 400 to 600 gold, which is still significantly less than everyone else has to pay for their epic mount.
    Post #7
    https://hardforum.com/threads/is-it-...mount.1210353/

Here is a thread from 2011 where people are talking about the painstaking process of acquiring 1000g for an epic mount.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hat-did-you-do
    Quote Originally Posted by ramolegenda View Post
    Here is a question for all those who played WoW before TBC, when getting epic land mount was hard as hell, especially when you leveled some profession too. For those who don't know it, we used to get 40% mount at level 40 and we'd get epic land mount (100%) at level 60. Price for 40% mount was around 40G if I remember correctly and price for epic mount with training and mount it self was 1K. If you had exalted rep with your faction, you'd get mount for 800G. Now, 800G was big time money back in 2005-2006. I used to grind for months, doing quest for like 2.5G per reward or farming thorium and leather to buy this mount. I used good old trick, and asked a guildie who was exalted with Orgrimmar to buy mount for me, which was at that time BoE and paid wolf riding training so I paid around 850G, give or take. I must add that you had to have reputation with factions to learn riding their respective mounts. It's not like now, where you learn one type of riding, before you had to learn separate riding for every mount (which required exalted reputations with factions other than yours).

Anyway, to get to the point: What did you do when you got your first epic mount? It was rare in those days to have one. Have you sit in your capital for first two hours after getting that mount, to show off or ...? Me personally, I wen't to Light's Hope Chapel and rode all the way to Booty Bay! It took me an hour or so, but I was so happy. It was so nice to finally be able to ride trough whole content, to see how zone change.

P.S. I got inspiration for this question with all these: would you like vanilla wow back or I'm missing old days etc... threads. I miss vanilla days, but I surely don't miss all that grind and slow running to get epic land mount. (not to mention running on foot till level 40, like I had to go from STV to Badlands!)
    In regards to your statement about the diamond. It didn't sit right with me that you somehow claim it was MORE expensive... I knew that it wasn't. So here are some more non biased opinions and recollections of the process. The free mounts were specifically why my brother and I chose the classes we did, so I know what I'm talking about. This post from 2010 suggests that IF the diamond did cost an arm and a leg, that it was only 400g-600g. Which shows you are exaggerating the costs to fit your fiction that the Warlock/Paladin quest was somehow more effort or more difficult.

https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?p=20884719
    Syrophenikan wrote:
    John Is My Name wrote:
    duostrike wrote:
    Saving gold for the fast mount in vanilla was horrible (avoided quitting by getting a lucky drop on a pristine black diamond which paid for my mount).

Try getting all the mats and doing the quests for the pally charger (I guess locks were in the same boat).

Still cheaper than regular epic mount back in the day because you could use mats from another paladin/warlock. Even with out that it was cheaper than classes having to buy them on their own.

I did the AV grind to exalted on my shaman, back when people did turn ins for shit that dropped from players, and it cost me 600g (or was it 400g) instead of the 1000g.

i did pvp for the cheap fast mount (Rank 11, IIRC), and figured i was rank 11 already and got rank 14.
    As I am reminiscing on vanilla, I remember specifically doing dungeon runs under the stipulation that if a diamond dropped it was mine and that I would forego any other item drop(s). Which now that I remeber is how I avoided paying for it.

Not to mention that you COULD usually find someone who had already completed the quest and pay a fraction of the cost by piggy backing on THEIR accomplishments.

In any case farming 1000g was more work and/or effort than the warlock/paladin questlines.

It was a refreshing alternative to farming 1000g but was by no means more work/effort/fun/epic.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-06-08 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAinCA View Post
    I like it well enough. I do not like how the sword passes through it which makes it look like a rudder on a ship. That is probably enough to keep me from using it at least on my female blood elf mage. My female night elf mage does not have this issue of the sword protruding through the bottom of the disk but she is not crouching down as low as the blood elf. If blood elf had the same position on the disk as the night elf I do not think it would be a problem.
    That's because blood elves crouch on disks / carpet mounts while most other races stand on them. I think it has something to do with idle stealth animation (looks like copied from it).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    As an aside, not gonna go for the DK mount for reasons,
    At least they're removing the achievement to go around and hunt all the drakes, it's different to kill those who "stand in your way" because end justifies the means or whatever is the dk's philosophy, and different going into every nook and cranny killing dragons just to show how much dks are into casual carnage.

DH class mount here. I'm...conflicted. I love the animations it has, huge fan of felbat...but I despise the godawful armor they slapped on it, including the stupid leather and broken bones (I mean wth is the purpose for that...), when it's a class that values light or barely-armor armor and agility...that's not gonna happen with a bat overloaded with gaudy, oversized slabs of plate armor, a retarded helmet it can't see out of of and is also outfitted with an even dumber-looking blade. And the most egregious is the entirely pointless fish-hook in its left ear...which also has plate armor for some reason.

Unfortunately, I don't have the felfire hawk yet, otherwise I'd use that, as I don't have other DH theme friendly mounts...so kinda stuck with the bat. I'd like it a lot more w/o all the stupid padding...

Until further notice (and possibly plain felbats being sold to DH's a la DK bonebirdy), I'll use the damned thing, and wishing I could give whoever designed it a solid kick in the nuts (or clammich, I don't discriminate...) with a jackboot.

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    The original cost of an epic mount was 1000g.
    This post (which does not have an agenda) from 2007 shows that you are greatly inflating the cost, time, and effort necessary to complete.
    What does anything have to do with an agenda? But anyway...
    I am not greatly inflating it. The pristine black diamond did cost what I wrote on the AH. I said so in my post that it was on the AH, period. So meanwhile it might have been different on another server (I don't think so but hey I am openminded), this was the price. Ergo the paladin mount would cost more then a regular epic mount. Because not only did you have to pay for the Diamond... you also required to "donate" for the barding. (as it is now) The only thing is I can't recall out of the top of my head what price that barding had... It MIGHT be 300 gold? But I am not sure so correct me if I am wrong. So that makes the barding + the pristine black diamond already 1.000/1.200 gold and I haven't even included any other smaller prices materials. Mainly because I don't think those were expensive enough to warrant attention.
    Obviously since I said I did find a Diamond... I indeed did not nearly spent (but I did grind the full price, as I said) as much gold as a "regular" player. I never said I did not. I did say that I spent as much work (if not more due to the questline and gathering of a specific item) as a regular player tho. Because that is the truth.

Paladin.

I like the mount, thought the quest chain was really well done.

Got a few class mount most are okay.
    Paladin, stupid horse, don't care for.
    Demon hunter is okay.
    Druid is fine, not a mount though.
    Hunter I like, had fun doing the quest too.
    Rogue, by far the worst quest chain -_- mount is okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 4 with 3 more in the advanced progression stages. I like them, but the only one I love so far is the DH's.

I absolutely loved the hunter/DK scenarios though. Those were amazing IMO... in particular hunting in the woods at night, and the cinematic at the end of the DK's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    That's because blood elves crouch on disks / carpet mounts while most other races stand on them. I think it has something to do with idle stealth animation (looks like copied from it).

- - - Updated - - -

At least they're removing the achievement to go around and hunt all the drakes, it's different to kill those who "stand in your way" because end justifies the means or whatever is the dk's philosophy, and different going into every nook and cranny killing dragons just to show how much dks are into casual carnage.
    I didn't kill a single red dragon when I did it, I just slipped past them all, grabbed the book then ran out.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2017-06-09 at 07:03 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerator View Post
    Paladin.
    What was well done about it? The scenario in which everyone's grandma can win? I tried to round up all the undead at final boss. I did ... killed them all. Meanwhile the boss was hacking away at me. Still more undead.. rounded them up again. My HP did not even go below 80%. Sure you get help by the other npc paladins.... but after rounding them up... for the 2nd time I noticed that the masses were an infinite spawner. So I left them and focussed on the boss. I don't think you can actually lose to him. I did it once tho. So yeah... might be "me".

Anyway... what else apart from going to the AH and buying stuff for the barding, running around back and forth on an errant for Mr Eyepatch.... did you find entertaining and "meaningful" content?

The only redeeming quality it had for me was that it reminded me of the vanilla questchain. Now if you draw parallels the overal questchain was almost an exact match in stuff you were required to do. With a few things removed.
    1. you completed this stuff on your own -- vs you required a party of relative decent players
    2. you went to the AH and bought your stuff -- vs a long grind of rare materials and gold
    3. the scenario was piss easy -- vs you could wipe multiple times

So while I hope you had a good time I just can't see how this was well done at all. To me it was a poor job of something which should have been epic.
    I was massively proud that I was one of the first paladins actually got that charger in vanilla and it took great effort of me and my friends/guildies at the time atleast (they nerfed it later).

What would have been better (for me):
    1. the questchain leading up to receiving the questchain for your mount should have been something better then killing 100 this and collecting that... but I think enough had been said on it
    2. the questchain itself should have been something with a little more kick. At the very least it would have been cool to be required to group up and do a specific dungeon with a special boss or scene where the paladin gets some material, and the others get an extra something too for their efforts so no one will be mad and not be there for no reason
    3. the scenario should have been moderately difficult, requiring to perhaps escape on the way out. Masses of undead would come at you and you perhaps would be forced to run/ride through them a certain way as to avoid them. The boss would then wait at the end/entrance of the dungeon and you would indeed be subject to failure if you did not interrupt him or not walk outside of a special ability of him.

Then you would get a final scene at your order hall where you did not teleport from the command board but be required to walk to the altar. Then and only then would the steed finally be yours and be automatically added instead of completing a quest and getting a mount added to your collection. Perhaps other paladins were required to cast their spells at the mount.

This felt lackluster and weak. I sure hope it was better for other classmounts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Degenerator View Post
    Paladin.

Paladin's is one of the mounts I really like. Can't wait to get mine. I get why some people don't like it (its relatively plain compared to shaman, etc) but I think it looks great.

- - - Updated - - -

What was well done about it? The scenario in which everyone's grandma can win? I tried to round up all the undead at final boss. I did ... killed them all. Meanwhile the boss was hacking away at me. <snip blah blah blah>
    Sometimes, people are going to have an opinion that differs from yours. It really doesn't require a massive wall of whining and 'explain!' - I promise.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I have 11 so far and gotta wait for an invasion to get the lock mount.

I must say i really am starting to like these mounts execpt maybe the mage one i dont much care for but i really appreciate that we now have class only mounts that isnt lock or pally!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Paladin's is one of the mounts I really like. Can't wait to get mine. I get why some people don't like it (its relatively plain compared to shaman, etc) but I think it looks great.
    Sometimes, people are going to have an opinion that differs from yours. It really doesn't require a massive wall of whining and 'explain!' - I promise.
    I did mention in my "wall" that I indeed hope that person I quoted did indeed have a good time. So "respect of the opinion" was met.
    I just don't agree at all with the experience I had. A dull forum this would be if you stopped writing anything and sure as hell without any reasoning behind it as to why people disagreed. Or would you rather I said nothing or left out any reasoning?
    I mention this because people rip you a new one if you just say: "no it sucked" without any form of explaining why