Question Enslave Demon + Gul'Dan Mythic P3

Hey all,

My guild is reaching Gul'Dan mythic's Phase 3 and I'll need to do the Bulwark soaking.

I've read that warlocks do it with Enslave Demon but it's being hard to find any further information about it. Does anyone of you know exactly what should I do?

From my understanding, I should enslave the first add as soon as it spawns and it will automatically cast the shield on me. After that, I should cancel the enslave spell it and let the raid kill it. Is that right? Will the shield be cast automatically on me while the pet is enslaved?

Another question: I see that the shield is cast again after a few moments... should I enslave the demon everytime he is about to cast the shield? How should I deal with the subsequent shield casts?

Have a good one everyone.

I'm not positive because our mage handled this but I believe even though you are enslaving it, it doesn't actually perform the normal Enslave. You just get the shield buff and your original pet should stay active, I believe. When I was researching this I found very little info -- hopefully someone more knowledgeable will drop by.

7+ Year Old Account
    tell your guild to have a mage do it

Sadly we don't have any mages in the raid composition

I did it once during progression when somehow the mage died earlier without bres available.
    As far as i remember you just enslave the first one and use the bulwark skill on yourself, after that it will cancel the enslave automatically( i can really confirm this cause i only did it once in emergency situation), so you just focus on getting aggro to the nightorb.

Bumping this to see if anyone can confirm. We lost our mage to IRL, so we're going to be forced to use a warlock. Got there last night and he said he couldn't figure out what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by thesneak View Post
    Bumping this to see if anyone can confirm. We lost our mage to IRL, so we're going to be forced to use a warlock. Got there last night and he said he couldn't figure out what to do.
    Add spawns > Enslave Demon > Use Shield > Add will cancel Enslave and go loose so tank grabs him > Aggro nightorb and control it

You have to do this every add wave i believe. If you don't, the shield will drop in the middle of the nightorb lifespan and the warlock will die or lose aggro to someone else.

The only thing that i don't know for sure is if using the shield with enslave will trigger a CD of some sort on the add.
    If it does, it won't use the shield and you wont need to dispel it from him.
    If it doesn't, you will need someone to do an offensive dispel on the add whenever he casts his own shield.
    Last edited by Ferozan; 2017-06-08 at 01:51 PM.
    US-Azralon Rise Above
    Main: Ferozan

FFXIV: Lannile Polebows

Deleted
    I'm doing it on every of our guld'an kills as a destru lock

Here is the fight for you :

-> Add 1 Spawn

-> Enslave as soon as he spawn
    -> move it somewhere safe (with the pet order)
    -> use a macro /cast shieldxxxx (to cast his only spell)
    -> Add will free itself => he has no aggro at this point so your tank needs to taunt him right away (or he gonna kill the first guy he reach)
    -> Also you don't need to use a dispell on it since you will have the shield (not him).
    -> Re-invoc your pet THX BLIBLIZ for making it instant (but it still cost a shard)

-> orb 1 spawn
    -> take the aggro, focus it
    -> add 2 spawn
    -> repeat the enslave routine
    -> orb 2 Spawn rigth after
    -> TAKE THE AGGRO ASAP (hardest part of the fight in terms of "learning"), position yourself on the right side of the first orb to have the range.

-> Finish the first orb when Illidan jump (you really need to monitor your dps on this one)

-> Add 3 spawn right after you are getting out of the time stop
    -> repeat the enslave routine
    -> finish orb 2

-> add 4 spawn => no enslave (it's a small dps check and enslaving make you loose some time)
    -> you will need someone to Dispell him !
    -> orb 3 spawn => take the aggro
    -> pop a def cd when your shield ends
    -> finish the orb when illidan jump (you should have 4/6 s of tanking without unending resolve).

Also BTW use Ban on the first add after the second time stop and finish the 3 orb before focusing the boss.
    Last edited by mmoc07bbc36aa1; 2017-06-08 at 05:12 PM.

Awesome Styrg. Thanks for the detailed response.

Thank you very much!

If you don't have a mage, you can also do it with a BM hunter.
    This way the DPS check on the orbs is a bit harder (the hunter will do 50% less damage on them as the shield allows the wielder to do full damage to the orbs) but you won't have to heal the pet at all, he's not taking any damage from the orbs.

The hunter will need a little assist for the 1st orb and a lot for the 3rd but you should already make all the ranged switch on the 3rd so no problem here.
    You can also only enslave the 3rd add and put the shield on the hunter, this way the DPS check for 3rd orb is easier and you don't have to enslave the others.