Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What kind of thread is this?

Self-hate 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Uhm what, that's just some random irrelevant bullshit? No European west of the Russian border hates America for it's economy. And yes, Europe has a complicated colonial record, something that it goes great length's to reconcile with. This is the point you aren't getting, Europeans commonly acknowledge their historical record and are considerate of it, right-wingers in the US made a point out of taking pride in the shitty parts of our history.
    Sorry to have triggered you.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Can one trigger when giving false info?

No.

/10char

Considering they've been to 4 Super Bowls and lost them all.... Yeah, I don't understand how Vikings fans are not ashamed.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    My ancestors fought the Christians as well when they came with the sword to baptise Scandinavia. They are of the same swill as Islam and zionism.
    Scandinavia was never invaded to spread Christianity into Scandinavia. It came from internally upon contact with catholic europe. That's not to say blood wasn't spilt in the process, but no invasion took place.

Now, that did happen in the Baltic, but not on the Norwegian side of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Dude...you are just throwing out completely random words. Or are you seriously saying that right now in our day and age African Americans and Native Americans face no racism and there is no racism in the US so there's no point in talking about it?

'Cuz if that's what you're saying, you might as well say it plainly.

Deleted
    In Scandinavia viking-worshipping is a whitetrash thing.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    The realisation of how little effect "great men" have over the grand river that is history is itself fascinating.
    Like conquering half the world and killing millions?

Based on what we know? Absolutely. The Vikings never actually wore horns on their helmets; they used horn-shaped objects for drinking booze and communicating, but that's about it. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Norse myths and symbols tend to promote some kind of fascist, racist or even pre-historic Nazi agenda, of which I thoroughly disapprove. When I think of the word viking I think about the antithesis of advocating for personal freedom and respect for all individuals no matter where they come from and a lack ofbasic respect for cultural differences. Basically I think that racial concerns tarnish the Viking heritage and promote it in a manner that is in fact bankrupt of common decency.

There is no doubt that Vikings were terrible people who committed atrocities against other people, namely, Christians and even Shamans, thus do you think if one is descended from them they should be ashamed?

Almost a million of Brits are descended from vikings.

There is even a current world-view that says that Europeans accepting multiculturalism is a stain on the old Viking history.
    OK, I know this post is all bait, but I have to ask you:

Are you really stupid, or just playing one to get replies?

Had this thread been on the sports forum regarding the NFL team Vikings, I'd understand this was probably a humorous thing, but as such, I can only come to the conclusion you are a deeply disturbed and delusional person, and should seek help.

Amusingly, if your sig was true, I'd understand this was just some desperate spambots personal cry for help.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    There's no doubt that vikings did a lot of terrible things. But at the same time, I think there's also something there that really appeals to a lot of people -- or at least men -- today. Nothing about vikings were "politically correct", and many would put their culture closer to the animal kingdom than a "civilized" one. But for all our "acceptance", the fact is that our society shuns a lot of basic instincts.

Raping, killing, pillaging -- those are all objectively bad things. But I think on the other side of the coin, it's easy to romanticize the freedom that their culture allowed. Some guy cuts you off in traffic? Beat him up. Some coworker acts like an asshole and tries to throw you under the bus? Challenge him to a fight to the death.

Much like the popularity of "zombie apocalypse" stories during the last decade, I think Norse mythology and "viking culture" (accurate or not) is deeply appealing because, really, who the fuck wants to dress up in a suit in tie, working 50 hours a week every day, and only cope with the aid of prescription drugs?

I think deep down, a lot of men feel emasculated by western culture, and now fantasize about a life without "rules" or "social norms".

As far as "being ashamed of Viking heritage", does -- and furthermore, SHOULD -- someone feel ashamed by much of ANYTHING their ancestors did? I mean, virtually every human on the planet has descended from a rapist, a murderer, and probably a slave-owner at *SOME* point. Ultimately, the only thing that really gets passed on are the genetic material that make up your flesh, blood, and bones; I don't think people should be proud OR ashamed about the things their ancestors have done.
    Interesting, you think that modern western culture, whatever that is, is emasculating? Being respectful towards women and people with a different skin tone is not emasculating in any way. As for abrogating with social norms are you saying that European men deep down have an urge to resume raping and pillaging their neighbours?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Yes if they were better writers they wouldnt be portrayed in such a negative light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Norse myths and symbols tend to promote some kind of fascist, racist or even pre-historic Nazi agenda, of which I thoroughly disapprove. When I think of the word viking I think about the antithesis of advocating for personal freedom and respect for all individuals no matter where they come from and a lack ofbasic respect for cultural differences. Basically I think that racial concerns tarnish the Viking heritage and promote it in a manner that is in fact bankrupt of common decency.

There is no doubt that Vikings were terrible people who committed atrocities against other people, namely, Christians and even Shamans, thus do you think if one is descended from them they should be ashamed?

Almost a million of Brits are descended from vikings.

There is even a current world-view that says that Europeans accepting multiculturalism is a stain on the old Viking history.
    Here is a much easier question to answer:

Is there any particular culture/heritage you should be proud of or admire?

Humanity is awful. Our histories are violent. There is not a single one that doesn't have some dark spot somewhere.

Own your culture and your heritage. Know your history, and pay special attention to their failures... and never repeat mistakes that your ancestors made. Its crazy to me (that even as adults) we continue to NOT learn from the mistakes of people that have come before us. Why is it that through our developmental process we have to experience every mistake humanity has ever made?

Hey my dad did one of those DNA tests and found out he and me has nearly 30 percent scandavian blood and we are both British!

So had they not raped and pillaged me and my dad wouldn't be here today!

Strange how these things have to happen for a person to come into this world. I mean had Olgar the awful not eyed up a nice British beauty to fuck and impregnate who knows where my family tree my have ended up!

Wait, taking pride in ones ancestors make you a [insert skin tone] Supremacist?
    No.
    And I fail to see how you arrived to such conclusion based on my comment.

Maybe to you. I feel great pride when I keep traditions that have been with my people for thousands of years. When I see the huge burial mounds next to home, where old kings are resting.
    When I follow the core values of the people that came before me, and try to live my life after those as much as possible.
    To me you seem like a sad individual and rootless.
    A respect for history, tradition and ancestors is not the type of pride I was talking about. What I'm talking about is when someone says "I'm proud to be [insert heritage here]". As if they are somehow responsible for being that and/or they are conveying they believe their own heritage is somehow better than others.

Respect and acknowledgement of traditions, ancestors and history is not the same as the definition of pride:

Pride:
    a high or inordinate opinion of one's own dignity, importance, merit, or superiority, whether as cherished in the mind or as displayed in bearing, conduct, etc.
    It could just be your and others' misunderstanding of the word pride. But pride implies an arrogant sense of superiority, which literally makes no sense particularly from circumstances you've done nothing to achieve.

Also the personal attack you leveled against me in the bolded part just reveals insecurity on your part.

Deleted
    Norse culture isn't just Vikings.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. Norse mythology is legit awesome as is their languages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Interesting, you think that modern western culture, whatever that is, is emasculating? Being respectful towards women and people with a different skin tone is not emasculating in any way. As for abrogating with social norms are you saying that European men deep down have an urge to resume raping and pillaging their neighbours?
    Norse culture was one of the earliest cultures which had respect and equal rights for women.