Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Wtf. Of course it is because it shows that a buff is needed for UH to be viable.

Noone doubts that UH will be better. The question is: how far is UH behind? If UH is 10% and gets a 7% buff, it is still 3% behind. If it is 4%, UH would be 3% ahead.

That is noone can tell you how it plays out. We probably gotta wait 2 or 3 weeks of TOS with top players getting T20+legendaries to see how performance will be.

- - - Updated - - -

As i wrote: unholy is currently "far" behind frost. Noone knows yet whether the tuneups are enough to be viable.
    people have already been doing ptr testing on unholy and almost everybody on the DK discord is seeing promising improvements numbers-wise. If the tuning puts us within 3% behind frost (let's say), it would be more than good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    This conversation started mainly because it was said Unholy got nerfed as well, which it didn't. However, Frost has been nerfed from the Blast Radius changes. By and by, Frost will drop a bit, Unholy will go up a bit. Gap will close, will come down to mechanics and legendaries you have ect.
    Frost also got a small nerf to its T19 4 set IIRC.

Deleted
    So ring + belt or ring + bracers for frost in ToS?

Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post
    So ring + belt or ring + bracers for frost in ToS?
    Depending on fights it could be belt/bracers I feel. From what I'm hearing, and mind you this is from people without complete knowledge of the fights, there's a lot of movement and moving out from bosses in tos. So if that's true it will be shorter windows for breath and thus devalue the ring and even possibly convergence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    Frost also got a small nerf to its T19 4 set IIRC.
    Which is irrelevant because you're going to replace it anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Depending on fights it could be belt/bracers I feel. From what I'm hearing, and mind you this is from people without complete knowledge of the fights, there's a lot of movement and moving out from bosses in tos. So if that's true it will be shorter windows for breath and thus devalue the ring and even possibly convergence.
    Movement per se isnt bad for frost DK...

Even downtimes where you cant hit boss are good as long as you got good windows for breath+pillar.

Which is irrelevant because you're going to replace it anyways.
    Irrelevant isn't really the right word to be using. Many DKs will not get tier right away and even if they did, its still a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeclone View Post
    Tested out Harjatan and Demonic Inquisition today. Unholy is so pad-like in terms of doing good dps. I've tested out 5 bosses on mythic and there are too many of those "take your debuff" outta the raid mechanics. It would totally kill a Frost breath build. You can get lucky and not be targeted by these debuffs, but the inconsistencies are too much for progression.

Unholy is pretty decent though once you get used to it. You have to learn the fights like a script if you want to maximize dps. Mostly in the form of death and decay cleave and outbreaks on adds. I was pulling like the tank's dps at one point cause I forgot that I put my pet on passive lol, but once that was fixed, I was about 4th on dps with a lot of mistakes.
    Which will suck if it's the case, not that I dont want to play unholy, but im not going to have legendaries dictate my dps again like it did through most of NH. I'll just move on from wow.

Which will suck if it's the case, not that I dont want to play unholy, but im not going to have legendaries dictate my dps again like it did through most of NH. I'll just move on from wow.
    But legos system is exciting and give players more options. You dont read q&a? /s

Quote Originally Posted by snakeclone View Post
    They sorta nerfed the bracers so they don't amount to that much of a dps increase as before. The other Unholy legendaries all are about the same. If you look at wacraftlogs, even the KJBW legendary trinket is one of the best legendaries for it. So you'll be quite viable if you have any sort of Unholy legendary. Also, I've been getting a new legendary every 2 weeks on all my characters if I do all the lockout content(normal mythic dungeons, EN, ToV, NH).
    I have zero unholy legendaries is what my point is...im trying to play this game less and less...I dont feel like "farming" for legendaries. My best combo would be cloak/sephuz or prydaz/sephuz

I have zero unholy legendaries is what my point is...im trying to play this game less and less...I dont feel like "farming" for legendaries. My best combo would be cloak/sephuz or prydaz/sephuz
    Sephuz is a really good legendary for Unholy, granted there's something to grip. Even then it's really good passive stats

Sephuz is a really good legendary for Unholy, granted there's something to grip. Even then it's really good passive stats
    Well that's at the least reassuring, but still....not sure I'm going to keep playing if I have to go unholy for the fact that i'll have to get rng on my side for the better combos.

Deleted
    Well that's at the least reassuring, but still....not sure I'm going to keep playing if I have to go unholy for the fact that i'll have to get rng on my side for the better combos.
    If you dont have more legendaries then you arent playing on top level. And if you arent playing on that level, why care about doing 2 or 3% more dps?

My DK got his first legendary in februsry and now has 16 lrgendaries. I got 1 lego every 5 to 8 days in march and april by doing raids and 4-5 hours /week dailies and broken shore.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2017-06-09 at 05:43 AM.

If you dont have more legendaries then you arent playing on top level. And if you arent playing on that level, why care about doing 2 or 3% more dps?

My DK got his first legendary in februsry and now has 16 lrgendaries. I got 1 lego every 5 to 8 days in march and april by doing raids and 4-5 hours /week dailies and broken shore.
    You also forgot to mention that KJBW is a neutral legendary dps-wise. Which means he could've gotten it and start already with a strong one.

Deleted
    what currently is the better performing spec, unholy or frost?

and will that be the same n 7.2.5 if things stay as they are now(patch notes)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DankFluid View Post
    what currently is the better performing spec, unholy or frost?

and will that be the same n 7.2.5 if things stay as they are now(patch notes)?
    Too early. Currently it is frost by far, rest isnt clear yet.

Deleted
    Too early. Currently it is frost by far, rest isnt clear yet.
    In current content frost, in ToS...looking too close to say for sure either way at the moment.

Don't worry though, plenty of time for bliz to nerf both specs into the ground, preferably 3 days after ToS goes live.

Well, considering I came back to my DK mid-nh and hand prydaz, sephuz, and the cloak...not many guilds were willing to accept me as a trial. I'm not going to deal with going through that again as unholy this time. Mostly cause I am back looking for a guild again.

How are unholy shoulders going to be in 7.2.5? They're the only specific one I have for unholy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    In current content frost, in ToS...looking too close to say for sure either way at the moment.

Don't worry though, plenty of time for bliz to nerf both specs into the ground, preferably 3 days after ToS goes live.
    Currently implied current content, so i meant 7.2 T19 NH.

For TOS nothing is set. There is not enough data and numbers tuning (specs, legendaries, t20 set) is still not done.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, considering I came back to my DK mid-nh and hand prydaz, sephuz, and the cloak...not many guilds were willing to accept me as a trial. I'm not going to deal with going through that again as unholy this time. Mostly cause I am back looking for a guild again.
    Well that is a personal issue. I have a big friend list with some exguilds which would support me. I know someone who will come back to TOS and will get support grom the raid.

If i had to start from the bottom i wouldnt come back.

This conversation started mainly because it was said Unholy got nerfed as well, which it didn't. However, Frost has been nerfed from the Blast Radius changes. By and by, Frost will drop a bit, Unholy will go up a bit. Gap will close, will come down to mechanics and legendaries you have ect.
    To be honest I don't believe you. You were claiming the same before Nighthold hit, that the gap will really close and UH might overtake frost even because of clawing shadows and you couldn't be more wrong. Nighthold released and the breath build was probably the best in the tier and unholy was again at the bottom, so nope not again.