Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Deeds mean more than words. If you cannot show respect by standing still (since no one can expect more) then you are rude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Nobody would give a shit what you are thinking about, all you would have to do is stand there for a minute and not say anything.
    So it isnt a "moment of silence". Its a "stand still and be quiet". I cant silently give respect in my own way, I must stand still.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    So it isnt a "moment of silence". Its a "stand still and be quiet". I cant silently give respect in my own way, I must stand still.
    I'm quite sure that if they would "stand still and be quiet" then we all would get "moment of silence".
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    It is almost certainly a protest, just like when the Turkish fans jeered in respect of the Paris attacks.
    I am not sure about the demographic of that group. Could be a stack of Islamists, or average Central Anatolian. Eitherway, however, the lack of sympathy in Turkey was widespread. And now this. I would suggest every European to ask why the fuck people do not respect even innocent people's death, but you'd blame it on "kultur".

Anyway, I will answer that for you. Information spreads quickly these days and people use Internet. The "observed" lack of respect on European's end for tragedies happening in ME is the root cause of shit like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were carrying on their warm up, I am not convinced that is a sign of respect in any culture.

If this is what happened, the saudi Team should have forfeited the game. It doesn't matter if you a moment of silence is relevant to your culture or not- you respect it out of respect for other people.

If that is too much for you to do because of your culture- then your culture is complete garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Yeah, it's not part of their culture to mourn people killed in attacks, instead it is to fund the attackers.
    Sounds fair. Let's sell weapons to them.

Then I can see next team to play this disrespectful team to also "protest" and not play with them.
    That'd be light for this behavior. I'd ban them from playing internationally for a year or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I am not sure about the demographic of that group. Could be a stack of Islamists, or average Central Anatolian. Eitherway, however, the lack of sympathy in Turkey was widespread. And now this. I would suggest every European to ask why the fuck people do not respect even innocent people's death, but you'd blame it on "kultur".
    I would blame it on the clash of cultures. The Turkey one was disrespectful to the wider football link, it was supposed to be be sporting solidarity, the Saudi one disrespectful to the Australian link of two of the victims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it's not part of their culture.

Their culture is the reason these people are dead in the first place.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

I know what the intent is, but who says we have the same way of showing respect? What if I stand there and think about shit I have to pick up at the store on the way home, wouldnt that be the same as wandering around?
    You could do that, and you'd be the only one that knew, but you would still not be respecting the moment of silence.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Sounds fair. Let's sell weapons to them.
    Trump is sure to not dissapoint on that regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

It's bullshit. The coach of the Saudi team (Bert van Marwijk who is Dutch) already commented on this: the Australian FA didn't inform them about the minute of silence being held, nor did they know what it was for. The assistent coach (Mark van Bommel, also Dutch) even called it a disgrace that the Saudi team is being blamed for not participating, saying the media has doctored this incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    It's bullshit. The coach of the Saudi team (Bert van Marwijk who is Dutch) already commented on this: the Australian FA didn't inform them about the minute of silence being held, nor did they know what it was for. The assistent coach (Mark van Bommel, also Dutch) even called it a disgrace that the Saudi team is being blamed for not participating, saying the media has doctored this incident.

Sure they didn't knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    It's bullshit.
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Sure they didn't knew.
    Yeah, so you know better than their coach.

They have the right not to. When will people stop telling others what to do. Why does a country's team have to pay condolences to a few victims of a terror attack several timezones away. Are we from Europe supposed to pay condolences each and every time it happens in Africa and Asia too?
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-06-08 at 10:18 PM.

Its pretty standard in football culture to do moments of silence (really short 20-30 seconds) for tragedies in the country /city the team is from. Pretty disgusting behavior of the team in question as they showed no respect for the other teams country.

This never happened, it was a fake story perpetrated by the Russian government

(Infracted)
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-06-08 at 10:10 PM.

Let's bring in more people from this culture and expect them to be just the same as us.

7+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't see anything wrong with this considering that a minute silence stems from paganism.
    I personally think you're an elaborate troll when you post shit like this. But it gets you the notifications and responses you crave in order to validate your existence so hey ho.
    Last edited by Thoughtcrime; 2017-06-08 at 09:45 PM.