Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    This.

Until tanks do tank dmg, the game will be full of this cancer.

I still don't know why tanks are allowed to destroy any offense hero and get away with over 50% hp left. It's so fucking braindead and easy to play, I'm tired of playing only tanks for easy wins and feeling gimped on any offense hero.
    This really isn't true. Tanks all have fairly massive restrictions in their offensive capacity. Most are short-range. The only real exception is Orisa, and her damage has travel time and slows her movement speed while firing.

Offense heroes are much more capable of flanking or dealing damage at range. If you're trying to facetank with an offense hero, and dying, well, you're doing it wrong.

Roadhog is getting his dmg reduced by 33%, it's a step in the right direction but he does over 350 dmg per hit, so a 33% nerf still lets him do over 200 dmg per hit, he will still one shot heroes that he shouldn't even do more than 50 dmg per shot to.
    Not sure where you're getting your info. Roadhog's gun does up to 9 damage per pellet, and 25 pellets, so it caps out at 225. You'd need to headshot with at least half the pellets to get it up to 350.

If Roadhog dealt 50 damage at most per shot, he'd be completely useless.

He's an extremely easymode hero with tons of utility and a hook that still changes direction to give the player free kills when the player actually misses.
    What "utility"? He has no defensive tools to protect his team. His only "utility" is his hook, and that's just in interrupting some ults and getting picks.

- - - Updated - - -

But the game changes the hook direction to give free hook all the time, it's fucking stupid, even when I clearly miss the game just gives them to me, it looks fucking horrendous in the screen when the hook just changes position entirely and the poor guy is helplessly exploded.
    If the hook hits their hitbox, it shifts to their middle and pulls. That's it. The only bugs I've seen with hooks lately is the height issue, and that's a negative for Roadhog.

Escape with less than half HP, only if no one else is around. The entire concept of roadhog is to offer his team the opportunity to kill someone. Not to fucking kill them by himself, he's a tank he's not even supposed to hurt people.
    That bit in bold is something you've made up. It's just flat-out wrong. It's never been part of Overwatch's design ethic.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    I'm totally on your side here. This is just what you get thrown at. People tend to blame everyone who doesnt fit into his dream team combo and some people dont read patch notes or just repeat what they heart months ago.
    Because most players are stuck in their ways of what "was" the meta, like you said basically.

Give it another season and you'll see changes if there are any.

Personally, all I saw last season was the basic 2/2/2 comp really. Rarely someone would go a 3rd tank if we're struggling to push.

This.

Until tanks do tank dmg, the game will be full of this cancer.

I still don't know why tanks are allowed to destroy any offense hero and get away with over 50% hp left. It's so fucking braindead and easy to play, I'm tired of playing only tanks for easy wins and feeling gimped on any offense hero.

Roadhog is getting his dmg reduced by 33%, it's a step in the right direction but he does over 350 dmg per hit, so a 33% nerf still lets him do over 200 dmg per hit, he will still one shot heroes that he shouldn't even do more than 50 dmg per shot to.
    He's an extremely easymode hero with tons of utility and a hook that still changes direction to give the player free kills when the player actually misses. I'm tired of feeling forced to pick him and demolishing everyone without even feeling like I do something as a player. Everything is so automatic and given for free, I disgust myself but it's either that, or another tank, or getting facefucked as an offense hero pretty much.
    Roadhog has like, among the least amount of utility in the game I would say.

He has a disrupt and a self heal that needs to be channeled.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Roadhog has like, among the least amount of utility in the game I would say.

He has a disrupt and a self heal that needs to be channeled.
    That's still more than offense heroes, while doing more effective dmg than offense heroes.

That's still more than offense heroes, while doing more effective dmg than offense heroes.
    He doesn't do any of this lol.

He kills people if he hooks them, which is fine, and he does a lot of shield damage on Rein/Orisa, aswell as just being strong against tanks in general because he uses a shotgun.

Going to assume you're not that great at the game if you think he does 'more effective damage' than a DPS hero, and if he was overpowered he'd be used more in professional play and GM ranked.

But he's getting nerfed to the point of being absolute garbage so you got your wish.

Deleted
    My meta is I will make mei work and you will like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    He doesn't do any of this lol.

He kills people if he hooks them, which is fine, and he does a lot of shield damage on Rein/Orisa, aswell as just being strong against tanks in general because he uses a shotgun.

Going to assume you're not that great at the game if you think he does 'more effective damage' than a DPS hero, and if he was overpowered he'd be used more in professional play and GM ranked.

But he's getting nerfed to the point of being absolute garbage so you got your wish.
    People here seem to assume I'm some kind of fucking salty kid who gets killed by hog and came here to complain. No, I play him and it feels ridiculous to be that efficient at everything without any form of risk.

Effective dmg is the dmg that matter. When you fucking one shot someone, it's effective. If you just hurt someone and he gets healed right back up (like Sombra's near-negative dmg output or McCree long range abyssal nerfed dmg) it's not effective dmg.

Effective dmg can also come in the form of dmg that can potentially be lethal if nothing is doing about it, like Winston jumping the backline or Reinhardt swinging as wide as the fucking objective itself.
    Needs entire teamwork to deal with one hero. But if that hero is left alone, he can deal with 2 offense hero by himself.
    That's just not right. 1 hero is supposed to be worth 1 of any other heroes. An offense hero should be able to deal with a tank if they come face to face by surprise in a corner.

Right now everytime I play tank and run into an offense hero they can't do shit, it's a free rape and I know the cops won't catch me, it's just too easy playing a tank because they are OP as fuck.

Also what comes from all this? Everytime you do dmg your ult goes up, everytime these sad offense heroes are dead their ult is lagging behind, after clearing some of them squishies with low dmg, you get your ult and kill them again when they come back. Adding more and more to the effective dmg because most tanks have very fucking strong ults that will either kill a lot of people or secure an objective cuz they all have to run away.

People here seem to assume I'm some kind of fucking salty kid who gets killed by hog and came here to complain. No, I play him and it feels ridiculous to be that efficient at everything without any form of risk.

Effective dmg is the dmg that matter. When you fucking one shot someone, it's effective. If you just hurt someone and he gets healed right back up (like Sombra's near-negative dmg output or McCree long range abyssal nerfed dmg) it's not effective dmg.

Effective dmg can also come in the form of dmg that can potentially be lethal if nothing is doing about it, like Winston jumping the backline or Reinhardt swinging as wide as the fucking objective itself.
    Needs entire teamwork to deal with one hero. But if that hero is left alone, he can deal with 2 offense hero by himself.
    That's just not right. 1 hero is supposed to be worth 1 of any other heroes. An offense hero should be able to deal with a tank if they come face to face by surprise in a corner.

Right now everytime I play tank and run into an offense hero they can't do shit, it's a free rape and I know the cops won't catch me, it's just too easy playing a tank because they are OP as fuck.

Also what comes from all this? Everytime you do dmg your ult goes up, everytime these sad offense heroes are dead their ult is lagging behind, after clearing some of them squishies with low dmg, you get your ult and kill them again when they come back. Adding more and more to the effective dmg because most tanks have very fucking strong ults that will either kill a lot of people or secure an objective cuz they all have to run away.
    What level are you playing at that you consistently get in range of DPS as tanks like Rein? Winston fails to 1v1 like the entire roster but 2 if Bubble isn't up so you don't challenge him if it is, or you stop being out of position without support from a healer, Roadhog doesn't need a whole team to deal with him, he has a ton of unfavorable matchups but he makes up for it by threatening with hook.

I've played 76/Tracer (and Hanzo since his buffs) a lot and I'm hanging around Masters, I love playing against Hog because I get a Pulse Bomb like every other fight, or I get to pressure with Visor far more often, if he hooks me on any of these 3 heroes I got outplayed and he deserves to get his kill, it's bugged to hell AGAINST him now too, hooking someone airborne is awkward as all hell.

The only tank I consider genuinely annoying sometimes is D.Va because DM is so good and I basically need her de-meched to play any of my heroes well, but I deal with it.

Deleted
    That's because you sound exactly that. No risk? Most of the DPS classes can tear his ass apart 1v1 if hook misses. One single Zarya can basically counter all his hooks, rendering whole Roadhog next to useless. Dva can do the same. You talk about his hook like it's automatic 1shot ability when you just click shift.

You realize that the current meta is more or less 2 supports, 1 tank, 3 offensive DPS? Surely it's madness since tanks are so much better. There's barely any Roadhogs in pro games nowadays because they are so easy to kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without any risk? Roadhog has no defenses whatsoever. Any kind of focus fire will kill him dead. Anyone who can stay at range and shoot back can wear him down without any real risk from Roadhog. He's the easiest tank to kill, by far, which is why most players play him by NOT tanking, and instead hiding and looking for hook targets.

Maybe if you're picking a circumstance where the perfect offense heroes are the ones he's facing. Reaper getting the drop on Roadhog can generally kill him, for instance. Tracer and Genji can be nearly impossible to hook while they wear you down. Etc.

Can Roadhog get a one-shot, in certain circumstances? Sure. So can a lot of heroes. Widowmaker's entire "thing" is headshotting people for instant kills. It doesn't automatically make him overpowered, particularly since he's reliant on his hook to achieve it.

That's not how class balance works, no. You don't get to just make up this kind of stuff and pretend it's how the game works.

Roadhog's, by comparison, is also incredibly weak. It doesn't do a ton of damage if you don't pin someone to a wall or the like, and the knockback is rarely going to get you kills. Plus, you can't hook or heal while it's up, and it knocks people out of its own effective range, so Roadhog's easy to kill while it's active.

And if your claim about tanks being "better" than offense heroes had any validity, the game would operate on a 4-tank comp meta, forgoing DPS heroes. Instead, it's shifting away from tanks, if anything. Because they are not as effective as you make them out to be. They are heavily restricted, and can generally fall apart from focus fire.

Not really.

Tracer can delete nearly anyone in 2 seconds (which can be quicker than Roadhog), while having the ability to quickly escape after. Genji also has this benefit.
    Soldier 76 can pump out a good amount of damage while not having to get close like Roadhog, and can heal his team.
    Pharah can displace an enemy team while, yet again, safely away from the team.

Hell, Sombra's the only one who Roadhog might be able to outdamage, but she can also provide more help than he can in some situations.