Voice lines
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Regarding his dance moves:

http://coub.com/view/usl5k

I am a menace to my own destiny.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    So I have played Malthael. He seems very good vs heavy tank comps, but I have no idea how you are going to initiate on a range dps.
    E to mark enemies at range, W to gapclose. Increased range on W at 1 is nice.

W also works on minions, so you can E some minions and W to one of them to hop around
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    E to mark enemies at range, W to gapclose. Increased range on W at 1 is nice.

W also works on minions, so you can E some minions and W to one of them to hop around
    Any smart range will not get hit by your E.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

So what you're saying is that I should be fine with him in my mid-Platinum games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    But... what about Cho'gall? He needs 50% resistance/immunity against these % attacks.
    Malth isn't going to be a large threat against Cho'Gall compared to what we have already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    So what you're saying is that I should be fine with him in my mid-Platinum games.
    The quality of ranges in Plat differs in ranks of goodness. You could face my range who I consider shit level or ranges who melt my face and I can't touch them unless I kill thyself.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    No, but melee will. And summons/minions etc. You use them as springboards.

If it goes YOU -> TANK -> HYDRALISK -> Zagara, for example, it doesn't matter that Zag dodges your E if her nearby Hydra doesnt. You W through that to get to her.

plus his E will not be occurring in a vacuum, plenty of oppurtunities can occur or be created in a team fight where you get to blanket people in your E

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Malth isn't going to be a large threat against Cho'Gall compared to what we have already.
    Malthael actually has the lowest single target percentage based damage. Ignoring basic attacks and other abilities you can do, Malthael does 2,5% a second with Reaper's Mark (5% with Memento Mori after 4 seconds of uptime), Leoric does 6,25% a second and Tychus does 10% a second.

However unlike Tychus or Leoric, Malthael can melt multiple targets and this is where his strength lies. He is like this creepy dude spreading disease just by touching people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Malthael actually has the lowest single target percentage based damage. Ignoring basic attacks and other abilities you can do, Malthael does 2,5% a second with Reaper's Mark, Leoric does 6,25% a second and Tychus does 10% a second.

However unlike Tychus or Leoric, Malthael can melt multiple targets and this is where his strength lies. He is like this creepy dude spreading disease just by touching people.
    He's also hilariously durable when he has Mark on multiple targets. Q is on a ridiculously short cooldown and can be spammed, so the idea is that you get up in everyone's grill at once and suck the life out of everyone

He's extremely good vs a melee heavy team.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's also hilariously durable when he has Mark on multiple targets. Q is on a ridiculously short cooldown and can be spammed, so the idea is that you get up in everyone's grill at once and suck the life out of everyone

He's extremely good vs a melee heavy team.
    Yeah, they designed him well in that regard that his overall strength grows with multiple targets he can afflict. However it is easy to punish him with CC if not careful.

What surprised me the most, is how incredibly strong he is at taking camps and broken on Immortal race. Unlike Leoric or Tychus, he actually does percentage damage even to non-structure targets. Especially when you get Memento Mori at 16, stuff just melts.

The only thing I don't like is Tormented Souls heroic, it needs to do something more. Because Last Rites is way better as you can actually cast it at roughly 50% of enemy health as by the time it activates you most likely drop the target to 30%. With level 20 you should basically have the quest ready as it drops down to 6 stacks and also heal, that means you can punish enemy team super hard.

Malthael actually has the lowest single target percentage based damage. Ignoring basic attacks and other abilities you can do, Malthael does 2,5% a second with Reaper's Mark (5% with Memento Mori after 4 seconds of uptime), Leoric does 6,25% a second and Tychus does 10% a second.

To be fair, both of those are abilities with a CD, and any kind of Giant Killer requires a talent. Malthael is doing it by default.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they designed him well in that regard that his overall strength grows with multiple targets he can afflict. However it is easy to punish him with CC if not careful.

What surprised me the most, is how incredibly strong he is at taking camps and broken on Immortal race. Unlike Leoric or Tychus, he actually does percentage damage even to non-structure targets. Especially when you get Memento Mori at 16, stuff just melts.

The only thing I don't like is Tormented Souls heroic, it needs to do something more. Because Last Rites is way better as you can actually cast it at roughly 50% of enemy health as by the time it activates you most likely drop the target to 30%. With level 20 you should basically have the quest ready as it drops down to 6 stacks and also heal, that means you can punish enemy team super hard.
    Tormented Souls is the survival ult - think of it like Maelstrom with Kerri. You pop it, wade into the middle oc everyone and hammer Q until your fingers drop off.

Yeah from his toolset it definitely sounds like he shines in diving into a melee heavy team and reaping them to pieces. But trying to catch a good Valla or something will tricky and he lacks sustain in a duel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    To be fair, both of those are abilities with a CD, and any kind of Giant Killer requires a talent. Malthael is doing it by default.
    To be fair, Malthael needs to go to melee range or land a difficult skill-shot to apply the Mark. It is not as easy as it sounds.

Tormented Souls is the survival ult - think of it like Maelstrom with Kerri. You pop it, wade into the middle oc everyone and hammer Q until your fingers drop off.
    Yeah, but Kerrigan generates shield even when stunned. It only gives you 25% damage reduction and applies Mark, the ability gains insane value only after level 16 when you have Black Harvest completed and unlock Memento Mori. I mean, the ability is not as bad as I make it sound, but it gains value mainly out of level 13 and 16 talents and makes you to risk your positioning.

On the other hand Last Rites allows you to duel pretty well and if you stack it up, you get an execute ability on 15 second cooldown. Realistic only at level 20, but every death matters at that level.

EDIT: However I have suspicion about Last Rites bug. When I used it on Kharazim who Divine Palmed himself, I wasn't getting quest progression on any kill I made after that. I mean, yeah, preventing death makes it logical I didn't get a stack. However several times after that I killed him with it, I didn't get any reward.

Malthael weakness is CC, burst damage and pokes damage....WTF!!. They should name this game Burst of the Storm because the insane burst we have in heroes. How the hell he can manage that ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    Malthael weakness is CC, burst damage and pokes damage....WTF!!. They should name this game Burst of the Storm because the insane burst we have in heroes. How the hell he can manage that ?
    Malthael is rather niche Hero, picking him into squishy team is bad idea. He excels against double warrior compositions and only once the fight opens a bit he can jump in to finish people. He has slow start, but once he gains his momentum he is very dangerous.

It will definitely take some time to see his true strength. At first he will seem broken as he enters that double warrior meta, people will either start to banning him or transition into more Assassin based compositions to abuse the fact people want to first pick him. After that, people will fall back into double warrior after Malthael drops in popularity, and eventually he will find his spot in second phase of drafting as counter pick.

I think he will be very influential Hero as he counters a very common and strong standard compositions. However I think he will see more bans than picks later after the meta settles down.

Even though he doesn't seem very difficult at first glance, he actually requires a lot of time to get used to his playstyle. Many people will try him out and then drop him, but few will make him a true menace. Similar to Genji release actually.

Angel of Death talent is bugged: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...ent_is_bugged/

- - - Updated - - -

Fear The Reaper, his level 1 talent to pass through other units, does not pass through Zombie Wall.

What the hell is that Grave Warden skin. From an archangel of death to hobo of death?