Poll: Which added class is the best? (best designed, best gameplay, your favorite, etc)

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

In your opinion, what is the best class that Blizzard has added to the game? post-BC

Which added class (outside of the original, obviously) is the "best" or your favorite?

7+ Year Old Account
    Deathknight, thematically I find it the most interesting. I've never really felt like monks fit fantasy, let alone Warcraft; and Demon Hunters aren't appealing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtcrime View Post
    Deathknight, thematically I find it the most interesting. I've never really felt like monks fit fantasy, let alone Warcraft; and Demon Hunters aren't appealing to me.
    Mostly this. I don't monks at all in fantasy, I'm just not a big fan of World of Warcraft's monk. I also don't like all the panda paw icons in my abilities.

Mechanically I don't think Monk's all that bad, but thematically it just leaves much to be desired. If it were closer to Diablo's monk, that'd be find. I DO fine the theme of Mistweaver to be pretty interesting, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

I would concur with the above. Death Knights are just kinda the whole package. Story, mechanics, look, etc. I like the monk, but playing as anything other than a panda seems a little disjointed and doesn't really make sense. The demon hunter is kinda cool too, but they still kinda seem unfinished. I enjoy playing mine, but I don't think the story really got me hooked nearly as much.

Chose monk because they were able to fill all roles. I think it's pretty important to have a new version of a high-demand role.

I don't personally love any of them - they're all so thematically extreme. None have the aesthetic flexibility of the original classes, and that grinds my gears a bit. Of the three, I actually prefer the monk, even if they remain overly pandaren-themed. Between their three specs/roles, the varied visual styles of leather armor in the game, and their lack of a story-driven starting zone, I feel the least "bound" by Blizzard's aesthetics when playing a monk, at least compared to DK and DH.

Edit: WW Monk is also my favorite, mechanically speaking, of any of the specs between the three classes.

Death Knight, mostly as a matter of class fantasy. In my opinion, the Monk and DH mostly felt like a hybrid of other classes while the DK was original on all fronts.
    Last edited by Hotmail; 2017-06-08 at 10:51 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigthumbb View Post
    I don't personally love any of them - they're all so thematically extreme. None have the aesthetic flexibility of the original classes, and that grinds my gears a bit.
    I like Deathknights but I do agree with this. A consequence of WoW being an MMO means that the disjointed levelling experience and thematically focused expansions leaves the introduced classes feeling like fish out of water in a way the original 9 never have. Unlike my hunter or warrior, Deathknights feel completely out of place in Pandaria kicking turnips in the same way to me that monks feel out of place on Azeroth. It's such a clash of styles that doesn't work for me.
    Last edited by Thoughtcrime; 2017-06-08 at 11:38 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    in honesty, outside of Paladin, all the Added classes have been the ones I've had the most fun with. MoP Monk was by far my favourite overall. Though WoD and Legion versions are... eh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Windwalker Monk have good class mechanics, and pre Legion MW Monk had not bad mechanics too.

But Monk doesnt start from 55-58lvl like DK and not from 98lvl like Demon Hunter, alot ppl probably doesnt know that monk have +50% exp buff on 20-80lvl range from class specific quests, so its not that popular as DHs and DKs.

Also even in non-rated pvp like Random BGs WW Monk considered one of most underpowered specs, so pvpers are not very intrested in Monk too apart from those who like playing healer.

As for lore aspect Death Knights are intresting, they are Undead just like Forsaken and have special undead-like skin colors, that are not aviable to other classes.
    Last edited by Luckx; 2017-06-09 at 01:49 AM.

Demon Hunter for fantasy, Death Knight for mechanics.

Dk no contest.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    DK, even while they changed massively over time, both in playstyle and class fantasy, but the game itself changed too.

Talent systems changed, so DK gradually got pushed into single tank spec, 2 handed and dual wield roles. Artifacts just finalized that completely.

Anyone remember the Chuck Norris WoW commercial?

That's how I feel about monks , now it might have been a foreshadowing, white tiger and everything :P

Chuck norris is the hero, not monks, sorry. They aren't a Hero Class either , but at least they can do all 3 roles unlike the other 2.

As for actual having played at 110, DH are a cool concept, and starting at 98 makes sense, but really feel like a "wanna be illidan" way to get people back to the game.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-06-09 at 01:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Knight for lore and plot.

Monk for 50% exp boost on 20-80lvls combined with 3roles, WW have fun mechanics, MW healing was fun pre Legion.

DH for glide and double jump, starting from 98lvl, also option of getting anti-Illidan characters like Akama by chosing Altruis the sufferer over Kayn Sunfury is good, cas Illidan commanded Demons, killed Naisha, and used Broken Draenei as slaves during TBC.

I dont really love any of them, or barely like to be honest. But, if I have to chose one it'd be Death Knight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Knight. Their theme was excellent, and throughout their multiple iterations, their class fantasy has always seemed right on the money.

Monks were great at first, but Blizzard has continuously changed them since MoP, and generally for the worst. WW Monks have started to get better, but man they really trashed Brewmasters, and Mistweavers have been a balancing nightmare.

Demon Hunters seem woefully incomplete. The lack of abilities at the start, and the lack of specs just ruins them IMO. They just don't feel like a real class to me, and almost seem like a class demo. I really hope the next class starts at level 1 to avoid have two abilities for multiple levels.

7+ Year Old Account
    deathknight sorta?

i enjoyed how when first added it had 3 dps specs and 3 tanks specs, each spec could tank different kinds of fights
    and i loved the unique nature of a dual weild tank it was awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deathknight.

Brew and WW are decent but MW seems like a severely under-developed spec with no fantasy.

Demon Hunters - 2 specs, stole mechanics from Warlocks and their spells hardly function well together. Easily the worst out of the three.

Deleted
    Although I mostly play a Demon Hunter and I love Monks thematically, I voted for Death Knights.

DKs because:
    A)there is variety in their theme and color scheme (DHs are only about Fel magic and Monks about inner peace and nature magic)
    B)the class was introduced at a time that was very fitting for the game, started with some very compelling story and added some interesting spin offs to the existing gameplay concepts, like tanking without a shield or being a melee mage
    C)but mostly because they didn't "break" the game.

Monks started a trend of immense mobility and DHs followed that pattern. However fun it is to play as one, it's confusing to play with or against a Monk or a DH. So much mobility isn't fitting the current class design imo.
    That being said, I am pretty sure that if Demon Hunters were added back then instead of DKs, they would have their 3d spec and some more variety in colors; Black Temple also had ghostly blue and shadowy purple colors too after all. DHs are very appealing to me thematically and gameplay-wise, it's just something that makes them feel emptier than the other classes. Could be the 3d spec.
    Last edited by mmoc985e663195; 2017-06-09 at 04:04 AM.

Monks - Fill all roles, have unique and fun playstyles for all the specs, and were something different.

I don't know why people like DKs so much - they're so boring to play. They do have awesome lore/artifacts though. I feel like Blood DK could be so much more than it is though conceptually - it should be a super mobile tank that literally uses blood to ooze around and stuff like that. Like a vampire. They just feel like warriors with a reddish tinge.

DHs are tons of fun, but they are shallow.