Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    KD will never win another ring. He'll go back home to DC or somewhere he wants to be, won't care so much about winning. He's very much a quite/comfort guy.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't know Pachullia was an all star. I mean McGee. I mean Livingston. I mean I guess Iggy was a decade ago. But yeah... GS when 2+ Klay day and Dick kicker are on... no one can top it.

- - - Updated - - -

Dame and CJ proved that you need more than 2 elite scorers going nuts to beat the Warriors. So Bron and Kyrie no better than my Blazers.
    Simply its lebron vs a team that shows up for the finals no shit were gonna get sweeped, kyrie JUST showed up everyone else on the cavs is straight hot garbage

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raunchy View Post
    Simply its lebron vs a team that shows up for the finals no shit were gonna get sweeped, kyrie JUST showed up everyone else on the cavs is straight hot garbage
    Lebron promised us one championship hes done his job already

10+ Year Old Account
    So anyone else hate the 9pm start?
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

Im just so frustrated with the cavs like its lebron and sometimes kyrie vs 5 legit starts nonstop, our bench is just...... absolute trash

Lebron's not gonna find a better superstar core than Kyrie + Love in the East. He's not leaving Cleveland. He is going to tell management they need to find better role players (like he did in December) and trade literally everyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw the Cavs had top-athlete level endurance/stamina last night, I'm surprised they didn't look that tired after playing so hard. I guess after two hard fought games they're in excellent shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    This superteam is different because they added an MVP after they were already the best team in the league, which seems to give them an incredible, massive talent edge. The Shaq/Kobe Lakers had one truly dominant postseason and they basically went two deep.

It's also different because Durant's move eliminated one of the primary competitors to the title and a team a lot of people liked to root for, making the postseason a lot less interesting. When the Heat, Celtics, or even this year's Cavs teams were constructed, they largely took players from teams that were going nowhere. I also think there's the whole anticompetitive aspect of it - the Thunder had a real shot at beating the Warriors last year, and Durant decided, instead of trying to get over the hump, that he'd rather create a superteam and win easily.
    The Lakers only had 2 difficult series in that 3 season stretch, it wasn't just one dominant postseason. As for Durant leaving killing off a competitor in OKC, Shaq did the same thing with Orlando, him leaving basically destroyed their franchise. And as for why Durant left, why would someone with the skillset that Durant has want to play with Russell Westbrook? Frankly, I can't see why any great player would want to play on the same team as Westbrook, who might be the single biggest ballhog in the history of the league. I never bought that they were BFFs, and I could absolutely see how the relationship could've soured by the end, with Russ constantly dominating the ball even with a clearly better player in Durant as his teammate.

10+ Year Old Account
    So one of the sports channels said Cavs should trade Love for Paul George, does that get them closer to the Warriors? Interested in your guys input.
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    So one of the sports channels said Cavs should trade Love for Paul George, does that get them closer to the Warriors? Interested in your guys input.
    I think Paul George is an overall better player than Love. I don't think Paul George replacing Love in this Cavaliers team makes them better, I think it actually makes them worse.

The role players on Cleveland need to change, not the stars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I agree. Not sure if they can even afford to revamp their role players. Should be an interesting off season.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    For sure, Cavs need more athletic 2 way players that can keep up on defense. Their biggest problem vs. these warriors is defending the drives and 3 pointers. PG would help immensely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Curry had more rebounds in this one game than lebrons chosen center in the entire series. But thats kevin durants fault right?

- - - Updated - - -

Its clear from an effort watch that the warriors care more and are trying harder and have the better team. Tiny steph curry getting 10+ boards a game, with a supposed designated rebounder and shot blocker on the other team? Guess gm lebron should have thought that one through. Same with jr

- - - Updated - - -

In what universe does indiana trade george for kevin love? I realize hes expiring but they could do better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Well, technically, it IS his fault... that the Cavs even made it to the Finals.
    Whos the one that insisted they pay tristan and jr? Oops

- - - Updated - - -

Funny how people thought two knicks castoffs that were on one of the worst teams ive ever seen were going to be wa long term solution lmao

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    No way. Everyone was on OKC's dick about their drafting skills in the past few years. "Omg they drafted Westbrook, Harden, AND Durant! And all those guys are top 5 players! And even Ibaka! Seattle is doing things the right way by drafting real talent." We all know how that story ended.

And adding one guy is a big deal. This is a star driven league. Ask the consistently best team in the East: Lebron + [whoever he plays with this year].

Where is harden and ibaka and durant now? They drafted them but peaced them out
    You're a towel.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Whos the one that insisted they pay tristan and jr? Oops
    I've seen this or a sentiment something like this posted repeatedly. Do you guys realize the Cavs were already over the cap even if they let Thompson walk? They had no choice. It was either hope to pick up someone better for an exception level or vet min (which is not happening), sign and trade (also not happening), or bite the bullet and take on his contract.

The problem always has been and always will be that the team is completely non-functional without LeBron, and this year, they've had no consistency outside of LeBron in these playoffs on both sides of the ball.

It also doesn't help when LeBron, whether through fatigue or poor play, didn't really do anything in the last four minutes.

Curry had more rebounds in this one game than lebrons chosen center in the entire series. But thats kevin durants fault right?
    I'm cool with blaming Cleveland coaching staff (which may or may not include Lebron, since his opinion probably has more weight than any other player's for their team) for their poor defensive schema. Although Tristan Thompson is garbage, as are the rest of Cleveland role players. (Kyle Korver was a'ight last night. I'll take him.)

Offensively, it felt like every possession for Cleveland was "give Kyrie the ball and let him work iso, or give Lebron the ball and let him create plays so the garbage role players can miss open looks."

- - - Updated - - -

Funny how people thought two knicks castoffs that were on one of the worst teams ive ever seen were going to be wa long term solution lmao
    Ouch. My feelings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    And as for why Durant left, why would someone with the skillset that Durant has want to play with Russell Westbrook?
    @icedwarrior showed me a funny post on Reddit. "How do you stop Kevin Durant? He's too good." "Put him on a team with Westbrook."

I don't think Westbrook was the problem. There's a big difference in being asked to score a lot (which KD does well) and being asked to lead a team every game. KD doesn't have to lead GSW. All he has to do is get the ball and score. The rest of the super team can handle shit themselves. (And the rest of the team is legitimately good enough to need defense. There's no collapsing defense on only KD.)

Can I just say Im loving this

Karma is a bitch

The 2017 NBA Finals on ABC – the Golden State Warriors lead the Cleveland Cavaliers 3-0 – is the most-watched NBA Finals since 1998 through three games, according to Nielsen. The series is averaging a total live audience (television plus streaming) of 19,984,000 average viewers, up 11 percent from 18,075,000 viewers in 2016. On ABC, the series is averaging 19,507,000 (P2+), plus an average minute streaming audience of 421,000 viewers.

Wednesday’s Game 3 broadcast on ABC – the Warriors defeated the Cavaliers 118-113 – delivered a total live audience of 20,494,000 average viewers, making it the most-watched NBA Finals Game 3 ever on ABC. Game 3 was up 22 percent from a total live audience of 16,787,000 viewers in 2016. On ABC, Game 3 delivered 20,048,000 average viewers (P2+) with an additional average minute streaming audience of 440,700 viewers. Game 3 peaked on ABC with 24,230,000 viewers from 11:30-11:45 p.m. ET.
    Those numbers aren't too bad. Basketball is my favorite sport so I like it when its popular.

- - - Updated - - -

Lebron on the super team being created:

Cleveland's superstar isn't faulting the Warriors for adding Kevin Durant to a 73-win team.

He'd do the same thing.

"It's part of the rules," James said Thursday, hours after the Cavs fell 118-113 to slip into a 3-0 hole. "But is it fair? I don't care. It's great for our league. Right now, look at our TV ratings, look at the money our league is pouring in. I mean, guys are loving the game, our fans love the game.

I mean, who am I to say if it's fair or not?"

"I'm not one to judge and say if it's fair or not if guys are adding players to their team," he said. "It happens. It's sports. You have an opportunity to sign one of the best players, and you can do it, go ahead and do it. Why not? If I become an owner, I'm going to try to sign everybody."
    http://www.nba.com/article/2017/06/0...ors-superteams

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    What karma?
    Grouping up with other superstars in free agency to get easy championships. Not so fun when its done on the other side of the spectrum

Ya.......all those easy championships.
    It was though. When was the last time a Lebron team was in danger of losing in the East? Like 2011-2012? When you stack the deck it becomes easy. Doesnt mean you sweep everybody like Golden State but it still loses the challenge. Everybody and their momma had the James/Irving/Love Cavs and the James/Wade/Bosh Heat in the championship every year they existed.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ya.......all those easy championships.
    FWIW, if Wade didn't drop off the way he did, the Heat runs would've looked a lot more like the Golden State ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    It was though. When was the last time a Lebron team was in danger of losing in the East? Like 2011-2012? When you stack the deck it becomes easy. Doesnt mean you sweep everybody like Golden State but it still loses the challenge. Everybody and their momma had the James/Irving/Love Cavs and the James/Wade/Bosh Heat in the championship every year they existed.
    This might come across as glib, but a serious question: if challenge is a key consideration (ie. if you had to bet on a team to win the championship), would Hakeem's 95 run be worth one ring, and all others worth a fraction of that?
    Last edited by jregz; 2017-06-09 at 01:32 AM.

Final Game of Zones:

It's up to date but some of it was hit and miss. The joke is because Magic Johnson said that the Showtime Lakers would beat the GSW superteam + KD.

I didn't get the ending...

- - - Updated - - -

In 24 hours, we'll be watching the Warriors get crowned 16-0 Champions, and the NBA season will be officially over. Kinda depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Making the finals isn't winning a championship. Going 3-3 with this Miami/Cavs 2.0 teams isn't a superteam, that's just a regular contender. These Warriors are literally an all-star team, it's ridiculous.

I'm cool with blaming Cleveland coaching staff (which may or may not include Lebron, since his opinion probably has more weight than any other player's for their team) for their poor defensive schema. Although Tristan Thompson is garbage, as are the rest of Cleveland role players.
    It's a lot harder playing defense/offense vs. an all-nba team. They only seem crappy because their competition is so ridiculously broken.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm cool with blaming Cleveland coaching staff (which may or may not include Lebron, since his opinion probably has more weight than any other player's for their team) for their poor defensive schema. Although Tristan Thompson is garbage, as are the rest of Cleveland role players. (Kyle Korver was a'ight last night. I'll take him.)
    It's fair to blame Lebron for a lot. The general consensus is that the Cavs wanted to let TT walk and Lebron threw a fit so they gave him $80MM. Had he just let the office people do their job who knows who they could have brought in with that money, but I'm sure it would have been someone with more impact than what TT has had this series.