Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    Guess who else took away German citizens' right to free speech...

Hint: he was Austrian
    Yeah this just seems to be stupid laws from post ww2 guilt.

Move on germany, your chicks are hot and you make good cars

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    "Following the fine, the woman received a number of abusive messages from others on Facebook. A left-wing “anti-fascist” group, Anti-Fascist Action, has reportedly sent death threats to the woman."

this seems highly illegal will we hear about the police arresting people sending death threats? guess not because she's not a refugee so they don't give a shit.
    "Anti-Fascist" doing fascist things, people going full circle.

No doubt the police wont follow up on all those illegal death threats!!

But hey at least they managed to nail some old woman!

Fucking disgraceful!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasukkin View Post
    Germany has laws against this kind of expression. As a citizen of the state, she either knows that or should have known that. She broke the law and is paying the price.

Nothing terribly outstanding here.
    people deserve their freedom to speek. acting upon something is one thing, saying it is something else entirely, unless the easily offended are so insecure they need daddy to hold their hand?
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    "Anti-Fascist" doing fascist things, people going full circle.
    Go far enough in any direction, and eventually you're gonna loop around.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Should the "Anti-Fascist Action" not also be raided and fined then? You would think death threats would be taken rather more seriously then sharing a cheeky picture on facebook.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nasukkin View Post
    Germany has laws against this kind of expression. As a citizen of the state, she either knows that or should have known that. She broke the law and is paying the price.

Nothing terribly outstanding here.
    Evidently. I think what people are pointing out is their disagreement with the law.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    You would think death threats would be taken rather more seriously then sharing a cheeky picture on facebook.
    “Do you have anything against refugees?” The image, (...), included answers such as “Yes, machine guns and hand grenades.

Cheeky? Really?

The fine is justified and everybody who defends this women probably would have liked the picture as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    I agree. The woman, with all her years of life experience, should have learned not to break the law by now.
    I know right, she should have known them thought police were going to knock down her door!! approved thoughts only!!

German guilt is very selective. It usually involve saying bad thing about foreigners. Exploiting them is perfectly fine though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I know right, she should have known them thought police were going to knock down her door!! approved thoughts only!!
    She crossed the line when she shared her "thoughts" and ideology on social media, indirectly calling for murder of refugees.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    She crossed the line when she shared her "thoughts" and ideology on social media, indirectly calling for murder of refugees.
    Those poor unfortunate souls, so sad, so in need.

The fine is justified and everybody who defends this women probably would have liked the picture as well.
    I don't like the picture. I disapprove of what she says, but will absolutely defend her right to say it. Anybody who disagrees probably doesn't believe in free expression.

Speech that you find agreeable is not speech that needs protection.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

She shared someone else' picture that she thought was funny. She only "liked" and "shared".

7+ Year Old Account
    This is entirely imaginary, she didn't indirectly call for murdering refugees. Even the courts didn't claim that, which is why it ended up as a fine and not jail time for inciting violence.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah this just seems to be stupid laws from post ww2 guilt.

Move on germany, your chicks are hot and you make good cars
    don't forget the beer!

you'd put most of Germany in jail then if you didn't like or share the picture at least once. You guys need to learn how to laugh even about off color jokes, not send out death threats.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is quite insane. Free speech should be a hallmark of western society and you can state your displeasure regarding something crass without having it criminalized.

Chances are good that the ones prosecuting this have at one time or another made a similar joke.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Laws and their enforcement can overstep obviously, but I think we are heading in the direction of making internet communication have the same consequences of real life speaking. A lot of people's facebook accounts have hundreds or more people as friends. It's rarely just family and "real friends". It's essentially like standing in a very crowded public place and yelling when you post. Even more so in places like this forum.

Imagine standing in front of a few thousand people and shouting something that you post here or elsewhere. Maybe you'd be okay, but consider some of the stuff people spew out on here, facebook, twitter and wherever else. A lot of people would have probably gotten themselves murdered by now for some of their comments, if not beaten to shit but still living.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Laws and their enforcement can overstep obviously, but I think we are heading in the direction of making internet communication have the same consequences of real life speaking. A lot of people's facebook accounts have hundreds or more people as friends. It's rarely just family and "real friends". It's essentially like standing in a very crowded public place and yelling when you post. Even more so in places like this forum.

Imagine standing in front of a few thousand people and shouting something that you post here or elsewhere. Maybe you'd be okay, but consider some of the stuff people spew out on here, facebook, twitter and wherever else. A lot of people would have probably gotten themselves murdered by now for some of their comments, if not beaten to shit but still living.
    Hate to break it to you, but standing in a crowded location and yelling something like that is perfectly legal.

Not only that, but the analogy makes no sense. If you don't like what someone says on facebook, you can essentially mute them so you never have to hear what they say ever again. That doesn't work in real life. If some crazy dude is on the street preaching about 'MUH JESUS', there's no way to not hear him besides leaving the area. Unfriending someone on facebook so you don't have to see their crazy rants takes all of 1sec to do.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    The German government wants more third world mass migration. They have to fine dissenters to prevent others from protesting.
    While enduring terrorist attacks and other things are just things Europeans have to get used to, mean memes are not something apparently migrants need to get used to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.