Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Original Garrosh from TBC was very different from MOP Garrosh.

New developers changed his character alot.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish we could have at least waited 'till he wiped out the trolls and goblins before we took him down.
    Garrosh's Horde would have been brutal. Saronite and spikes everywhere, orcs and axes. I would have liked that.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    It's pretty funny that people consider SoO to be part of WoW's "golden days".

I distinctly remember the bitching on here when SoO lasted for so long....people were saying it killed WoW, etc.

Nostalgia is a funny thing.
    It wasnt WOW golden days at all, during mid MOP sub numbers dropped to 7.4 millions, and during Original WOW, TBC and WOTLK sub numbers was growing to 11-12mills and not dropping.

WOTLK storyline was way more epic than MOP one.

If Garrosh had his way, he would have destroyed the Horde and there would be no more Horde to play.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I didn't mind Garrosh Vs Alliance. But when he started talking about Orc only + executing races within the horde just because, he lost me.
    This. I despise Sylvanas as Warchief more though. Still wouldn't take him over her, I'd just very much like to dice Sylvanas. Permanently. I don't know why Blizz is villainizing the prominant WC's and just sidelining the rest...Vol'jin just went out with a cryptic whimper and got fuck all development...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalModerator View Post
    Anyone who was around for the Hall of the Brave Putsch would definitely have been swayed to his point of view. Garrosh knew how to work a crowd.
    Maybe for the simpleminded warmongers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked TBC Garrosh , also WOTLK Garrosh a bit.

Cata Garrosh was a bit ruined, and MOP Garrosh was nonrealistic and cartoonish.

As for Sylvanas i like how finally whole faction and not just one race got female leader, but Stormheim storyline is horribly lame and cartoonish despite having nothern,viking and undead themes in comprasion to WOTLK zones which also had undead,viking, and nothern themes but was way more epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish breastfeeding was lifelong and not only subjected to infants.

Grown men matter too.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Deleted
    I was with Garrosh till he was only about Orcs, the last moves from him to make Taurens ans Trolls his enemy made no sense.
    Other then that i was pro Garrosh and loved every day being part of his Horde.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    Original Garrosh from TBC was very different from MOP Garrosh.

New developers changed his character alot.
    Metzen was with Blizzard for 23 years until last year, i dont see how he was new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    I've been saying for years that blizzard should have stick with cataclysm Garrosh then the orcs lore would be less of a laughing stock.

Blizzard made a huge mess for the orcs and it still haven't been resolved.
    Saying they're a "laughing stock" is severe drama. People rarely even think about it. They just play the game.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Deleted
    Cataclysm Garrosh was actually good...
    at the start of MoP he was even bearable, but as it progressed MoP really made him too cartoonish.

Orc Hitler had to go down. I just wish the Alliance had wussied out from doing what needed to be done, but game balance is game balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    I liked Garosh in WotLK, I was alright with him up to Theramore - but after that he lost me. One thing I always liked about Orcs is that despite their brutish appearance, they're an honorouble race. Mak'gora is just one example of such behaviour . For all the shit Thrall gets, he is a prime example of what an Orc should be. And there was nothing honourable about Theramore.
    Thrall so honorable he had to cheat in mak'gora to beat Garrosh.
    Remmember in the WOW movie when Guld Dan used powers to beat Durotan orcs were saying look Gul Dan is cheating gues what so did Thrall so dont say he is honorable because he is not

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    He was a far better warchief than Vol'jin, and more interesting than Thrall. I would've liked to see how WoD and Legion goes with Garrosh as warchief

Vol jin died on trash he is not a real warchief like Garrosh was

Deleted
    Garrosh was in fact the only REAL leader(compared to the alliance leaders as well). I don't think we are ever going to have more ambitious and stronger leader than him.

Too bad they made him the bad guy. I would love it to have him, constantly mocking the alliance and in conflict all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    If Garrosh had his way, he would have destroyed the Horde and there would be no more Horde to play.
    He would had destroyed the alliance first of all. Then horde. Then the Legion(because he was in contact with Old Gods). Then he would punch Sargeras in the face. And the Old Gods would win. Nothing left, happy days.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-06-09 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karthius View Post
    I loved the SOO patch and the entire MOP storyline. But something in me wanted to be standing next to Garrosh during the siege not against him. I agreed with everything he was doing for the greater good of the horde.
    Your avatar definitely looks the part.

To me, that was one of the rare moments where the Horde got interesting and relatable - when they rallied against him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    It's pretty funny that people consider SoO to be part of WoW's "golden days".

I distinctly remember the bitching on here when SoO lasted for so long....people were saying it killed WoW, etc.

Nostalgia is a funny thing.
    Well, MoP and SoO was a good expansion and patch, people just started bitching about SoO because it lasted for 14 months without something new.

Garrosh was a bit too much "genocidal maniac" type of character by the end of the MoP. Horde needs a leader that is kind of like Gul'Dan - plotting, methodological, extremely powerful in his own right, focused on dominating his enemies not only though brute strength, but cunning and intelligence. Too bad actual Gul'Dan is out of the question now. Sylvanas is kind of "meh, whatever, could be worse..."

Quote Originally Posted by Martinezzz View Post
    Thrall so honorable he had to cheat in mak'gora to beat Garrosh.
    Remmember in the WOW movie when Guld Dan used powers to beat Durotan orcs were saying look Gul Dan is cheating gues what so did Thrall so dont say he is honorable because he is not

- - - Updated - - -

Vol jin died on trash he is not a real warchief like Garrosh was
    If you're referring to when Thrall uses the elements to put Garosh out of his misery, that wasn't a mak'gora, that was an execution. Thrall never challenged Garrosh to a duel. And Thrall is honourable, you have to be delusional to say otherwise after everything that Thrall has done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    If you're referring to when Thrall uses the elements to put Garosh out of his misery, that wasn't a mak'gora, that was an execution. Thrall never challenged Garrosh to a duel. And Thrall is honourable, you have to be delusional to say otherwise after everything that Thrall has done.
    The rules of mak'gora:

Each participant is allowed one weapon.

A blessing of this weapon by a shaman of their choosing is permitted, but not required.

Body armor is forbidden.

Each participant must have at least one witness.

If both participants refuse to fight one another, they are banished from the clan.

Traditionally, it is to the death, but under Warchief Thrall's rule it became a non-lethal combat, similiar to Warsong's Mak'Rogahn.

Participants can choose to forgo this change.

However, even when operating under the old rules, the victor can choose to spare the loser's life.

Magic is not forbidden, but was unknown to Draenor orcs other than shamanism. Fel magic was always seen as un-natural and twisted and even if it wasn't outright forbidden, you could see why orcs would equate to cheating. You've seen how Illidan looks after being empowered by fell. Besides Garry didn't have a witness.
    Last edited by Nero Stormchester; 2017-06-09 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    I wish breastfeeding was lifelong and not only subjected to infants.

Grown men matter too.
    MoP was not childish, if that is what you are implying. If you cannot see beyond that, that is your own limitations.

[QUOTE=Nero Stormchester;46037874]If you're referring to when Thrall uses the elements to put Garosh out of his misery, that wasn't a mak'gora, that was an execution. Thrall never challenged Garrosh to a duel. And Thrall is honourable, you have to be delusional to say otherwise after everything that Thrall has done.

[COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=1]

Magic is forbiden what are u smoking, so Thrall is not honorable