Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jfhsgtresg View Post
    They need Westminster to OK it i think and with there party taking a huge hit tonight that wont seem as likely had they done a clean sweep like they did last time.
    Westminster wouldn't have OK'd it anyway. If Labour are dependent on the SNP then they might get one as a concession (I extremely doubt they will though). The political machinations aren't what will make another Indyref unlikely, it's hope in Labour and a return of the left.

So is the UK getting gulaged? Can I finally glee at the death of public unions? Is the parliament hung like Trudeau/Macron? Can some Brit fill me in?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I just have to say... Jeremy Corbyn, the shitweasel who refused to resign along with every other major Party leader for his crap job in fighting Brexit, calling for May to resign, is beyond the absurd.
    Jeremy Corbyn never cared to fight Brexit. He was forced to do so but he never was interested. He has no love for the EU.

But really after the shit Theresa May just pulled off I think the tories will demand her bloody head on a pike.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    I say the stupid ass shit May said and did the last 2 weeks more then balances that out.
    Even still, the gall...

May should resign, don't get me wrong. Failures should not get to continue to lead. But Jeremy Corbyn not resigning after Brexit was morally revolting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Jeremy Corbyn never cared to fight Brexit. He was forced to do so but he never was interested. He has no love for the EU.

But really after the shit Theresa May just pulled off I think the tories will demand her bloody head on a pike.
    Oh yeah. His campaign was totally along the lines of "no... please... don't take out of the EU... anything but that."

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if he casted a vote to leave on his own ballot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    So is the UK getting gulaged? Can I finally glee at the death of public unions? Is the parliament hung like Trudeau/Macron? Can some Brit fill me in?
    Well, red doesn't mean death here. What we're seeing is people seeing through the general bullshit of trickle-down, and that having less money doesn't mean you have more money.

The Labour party is arguing for more healthcare, more infrastructure improvements, while the Tories are all for privatising everything and making the government smaller.

Main problem is that Theresa May is so fucking inept at appearing competent, it's only the drivel of the Daily Mail and the fact that Jeremy Corbyn's made some questionable statements (and has been used as a collective urinal by all the media for a decade), that is going to help her.

Basically, they thought they could get away with spewing shit out of their mouth anuses and people would drink it up as ambrosia, because at least she's not Corbyn.

I see Labour has just held my constituency of Birmingham Erdington a place that the tories couldve won a few weeks ago.

A shaking Theresa May vowed to fight on today despite Jeremy Corbyn demanding she quit after her election gamble humiliatingly backfired.
    As the Tories suffered staggering losses that could strip them of their majority - or even worse - the Labour leader ridiculed Mrs May for calling the contest three years early in a bid to capitalise on sky-high poll ratings.
    But an ashen-faced Prime Minister insisted the country needed a 'period of stability' and claimed her party was still on track to have the most MPs. 'It is incumbent on us to ensure that we have that,' she said.
    But speaking at her own count in Maidenhead, a clearly shaken Mrs May said: ‘At this time, more than anything, the country needs a period of stability.'

Saying the country needs a period of stability after instability that you brought upon yourself after calling snap elections that didn't needed to be called cause you are full of yourself, I don't even...

Deleted
    Lib Dems are going to give themselves a big pat on the back after this one, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    A shaking Theresa May vowed to fight on today despite Jeremy Corbyn demanding she quit after her election gamble humiliatingly backfired.
    As the Tories suffered staggering losses that could strip them of their majority - or even worse - the Labour leader ridiculed Mrs May for calling the contest three years early in a bid to capitalise on sky-high poll ratings.
    But an ashen-faced Prime Minister insisted the country needed a 'period of stability' and claimed her party was still on track to have the most MPs. 'It is incumbent on us to ensure that we have that,' she said.
    But speaking at her own count in Maidenhead, a clearly shaken Mrs May said: ‘At this time, more than anything, the country needs a period of stability.'

Saying the country needs a period of stability after instability that you brought upon yourself after calling snap elections that didn't needed to be called cause you are full of yourself, I don't even...
    But is the the strong type of stability?

Quote Originally Posted by Genadius View Post
    Lib Dems are going to give themselves a big pat on the back after this one, it seems.
    Wonder how long their "No coalitions whatsoever" line lasts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Wonder how long their "No coalitions whatsoever" line lasts.
    Hopefully they don't side with the Tories this time. Again.

Hopefully they don't side with the Tories this time. Again.
    That realization hit me when I was explaining the possibility of a Labour coalition to a mate when the exit poll came in. Dunno why my mind didn't go there first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Fortunately the UUP look like they have been wiped out, so I will not have to work out what the differences between them and the DUP are.

Deleted
    Balls. (not Ed).

I can't believe Tories have, as of right now, 9 seats in Holyrood. I have to walk by this place every day...

Fuck you, Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    A balls up, but still looks like a Tory government in partnership with DUP/UUP - I have no idea what the difference between those two are.
    Honestly today there really isn't any difference.

Before it was

"We will deal with the nationalist community." UUP

"NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER!" DUP

Essentially the reality on the ground following Good Friday means one of them is obsolete. UUP tried reuniting with the conservatives but bailed out after a couple of years (They are the N.Irish offshoot of the conservative party.)

10+ Year Old Account
    There were odds on Boris Johnson being PM earlier today of 500/1 in my local bookies.

I laughed.

They laughed.

Other punters laughed.

WHY DIDN'T I FUCKING TAKE IT.

Balls. (not Ed).

I can't believe Tories have, as of right now, 9 seats in Holyrood. I have to walk by this place every day...

Fuck you, Aberdeen.
    There is no voting going on for Holyrood. These are all Westminster constituencies and have little baring on the Scottish parliament.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    There were odds on Boris Johnson being PM earlier today of 500/1 in my local bookies.

I laughed.

They laughed.

Other punters laughed.

WHY DIDN'T I FUCKING TAKE IT.
    Better get busy building that time machine like the rest of us!!!!!

Imagine this a month ago?

10+ Year Old Account
    What's up with this BBC coverage? This stuff is putting me to sleep!

10+ Year Old Account
    Balls. (not Ed).

Fuck you, Aberdeen.
    I thought they had more than nine in Holyrood.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Honestly today there really isn't any difference.

Before it was

"We will deal with the nationalist community." UUP

"NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER!" DUP

Essentially the reality on the ground following Good Friday means one of them is obsolete. UUP tried reuniting with the conservatives but bailed out after a couple of years (They are the N.Irish offshoot of the conservative party.)
    At least we might get some Northern Irish accents on Question Time. I wonder if they have any fitties, Priti Patel is about the only decent looking MP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    There is no voting going on for Holyrood. These are all Westminster constituencies and have little baring on the Scottish parliament.
    Yup, you're right, my bad.

Still, dick move by Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I thought they had more than nine in Holyrood.
    They do, I'm a nobhead.