Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vom View Post
    Don't know if you are serious but is this not in the ff14 sub forum? Maybe I am looking at the wrong thing though.
    Don't you have your own Final Fantasy forums somewhere? I don't go on Call of Duty forums to talk about WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Don't you have your own Final Fantasy forums somewhere? I don't go on Call of Duty forums to talk about WoW.
    Wow also has official forums. Why should people come here and talk about wow?

Suppose we should get rid of every other forum on mmo-champion but all the wow ones? Fair enough.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaCream View Post
    This is a MMO forum last I checked, not a WoW forum, it even says so in the name.
    It is a WoW fan site. WoW being the "best" of the MMO's making it the MMO-Champion. It's always been a WoW fansite first and foremost.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I always laugh when people try to tell me this game is not as successful as wow.

It's got that old school style and doesn't deliver 6 modes of difficulty to you as "content". And the team isn't giving the raid community the middle finger by axing it's most popular form of raiding and defaulting to the less popular platform of raiding for no fucking apparent reason. It's no surprise they have been very successful.
    If you're talking about raiding, we have 4 modes. LFR for tourists, normal for friends and family, heroic for more serious, and mythic for the hardcore minmaxers. Seems like a pretty broad player base to cater to.

Out of curiosity, what is this "most popular form of raiding" that Blizzard "gave the middle finger to the community" by "axing for no [expletive] reason"? That some raids only came in 10-man and some only came in 25-man? 10-man heroic (what is now mythic)?

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Maybe you have some trouble reading. The name of the website is MMO-champion.

Here, I'll break it down for you. MMO is a genre of games. There are many MMOs on the market. This website reports a lot of news on WoW, it isn't a WoW only website. If you are looking for a WoW-only safe space, go to the official forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    It is a WoW fan site. WoW being the "best" of the MMO's making it the MMO-Champion. It's always been a WoW fansite first and foremost.
    No, the website makes YOU the champion. Armed with the wealth of knowledge from your comrades you will surely be victorious.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

All I'm getting from this post are vibes of "omg did an MMO finally overtake WoW in subs?"

No, they haven't.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

For comparison's sake, last time WoW reported their total registered accounts they had over 150 million. Literally everyone has played WoW.

How 'active' a game feels totally depends on the server!
    Both games have way too many, and could benefit from further server consolidation.

Playing on FFXIV realms like: Gilgamesh vs Coerl
    is like playing WoW on Illidan vs Garrosh

If you're on Illidan/Gilgamesh, the game feels alive and amazing with hustle, bustle and awesome economy...
    If you play on Garrosh or Coerl, you're left with dead ghosttowns.

What matters is how active an individual server is, not overall sub numbers.
    100+million 'active subs', doesn't make Garrosh any less a shit server.
    (and sry, if I base how good a server is based on it's progress https://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/garrosh .... Garrosh doesn't seem to be a connected realm...and 1 mythic 6/10 guild.. )

I will never understand how these sort of threads always bring out the "t-this is a WoW fansite only!" diehards who behave as though there is some threat to "my game" over things like this. It was clearly lifetime user numbers but you still get folks that never touched the FFXIV section coming to silence the nonebelievers. Shit is mad cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I will never understand how these sort of threads always bring out the "t-this is a WoW fansite only!" diehards who behave as though there is some threat to "my game" over things like this. It was clearly lifetime user numbers but you still get folks that never touched the FFXIV section coming to silence the nonebelievers. Shit is mad cringe.
    I'm more amazed how people can still make stupid threads like this one and not know the difference between TOTAL ACCOUNTS and ACTIVE SUBSCRIPTIONS.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Dont care how many it have but i am sure it feels 10 times more than wow. I do play wow too, but the population at least on eu servers are at the minimum right now..
    Sadly this is subscribers over time, not active subscriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    I'm more amazed how people can still make stupid threads like this one and not know the difference between TOTAL ACCOUNTS and ACTIVE SUBSCRIPTIONS.
    If people didn't expect and believe pure sincerity from devs for reasons i cannot understand nobody would have fallen for the no mans sky meme

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaCream View Post
    If you don't like FFXIV threads then just stay out of the FFXIV subforum, easy as that.
    I've filtered all WoW related threads from my "Recent Forum Posts", so I don't see them. I also have no reason to go to "bash" WoW, even tho I used to play it earlier but cancelled subscription.

FFXIV is growing nicely, and soon has it's second expansion out.

it doesn't matter if you think FF14 is a better quality game. Or if you think WoW devs are lazy, or whatever stupid kool aid shit you are speaking.

Purely by the metric of Success WoW is a far more successful game than FF14. It's LITERALLY a fact. Even if we go purely by the time it has been out vs success. 4 years into WoWs launch it had more ACTIVE subs than FF14 has had active ACCOUNTs in it's entirety.

Ergo FF14 is not anywhere close to being as successful AS WoW yet it is still successful in the Genre.
    Until MMOs return to an EverQuest open world, bit sandboxy, "get lost in a fantasy world" design with completely immersed sci-fi/anime level of VR, I don't think any MMO is going to match WoW's success. A perfect storm of circumstances that will never be repeated in the genre's current form.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet Overwatch, Hearthstone, Diablo, and Heroes of the Storm news is on the front page these days.

There are no plans to delete the 7 other MMO subforums on MMO-Champion.

Don't you think, if they had actual 6 million subs, they would use some form of 'active players' phrasing to avoid discussions like these, because they actually hurt them?

On the other hand if they don't, discussions like these only help them because no one knows the actual number of ACTIVE subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    then whys another mmo out there on the market doing more than the guys with the most? Quality over quantity man. like congrats on having a playerbase so fucked up on your kool aid that they dont realize how lazy you are. thats pretty impressive technique no matter how shit your game is. but wow has been out for, what, 13 years now?

FFXIV has been out for almost 3 and it's already a much better game. I feel like FFXIV could be the future of this genre, but honestly I don't think Yoshida is that ambitious. I think he is pretty pleased with where things are at the moment considering his reaction to the overwhelmingly large and unexpected interest in the game at launch.
    Whichever game you think is better is subjective to you. You've made no analysis and cited no examples as to how you arrived at your conclusion so in essence your post clearly demonstrates, that in fact, you are the one with a potential kool aid problem.

Now with that out of the way what exactly do you mean "doing more". I love FF14 as much as the next guy, but I'm no blind fanboy. What more have they done? I'll give them credit for the combat revamp and the new off patch savage fight, but new zones are just old zones with new paint. New dungeons are just old dungeons with new art. New raid is just old raid with new art. What new systems have they created or expanded on? Expanded being actually evolved or grew, not just more of x.

Then compare what Legion did for WoW. New weapon system, new progression system, wildly expansive new dungeon system, new daily questing system, new zone scaling system, etc.

Now, understand I am no WoW fanboy either. I have a bag full of criticism for that game too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Then compare what Legion did for WoW. New weapon system, new progression system, wildly expansive new dungeon system, new daily questing system, new zone scaling system, etc.

Now, understand I am no WoW fanboy either. I have a bag full of criticism for that game too.
    Expansion 1 vs Expansion 6 comparison, though.

You want to talk about trying new things and new systems, I'd argue EverQuest (original) has done more crazy experimentation than WoW has. But then I'm comparing Expansion 20+ to Expansion 6, so....

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Expansion 1 vs Expansion 6 comparison, though.

You want to talk about trying new things and new systems, I'd argue EverQuest (original) has done more crazy experimentation than WoW has. But then I'm comparing Expansion 20+ to Expansion 6, so....
    I'm not sold that's a relevant point. Expansions are in a vacuum in whatever time frame they're released/developed. What do they add? What do they change? and what do they keep the same?

All 3 are important points, I merely pointed out the add/changed pieces because the person I responded to stated that FF14 was doing that better than its competition, when in fact experience tends to point to that being FF14's weak spot, and it's familiarity and consistent development timeline being its strength.

Every MMO stretches their legs with more changes and new systems the longer they're around. The genre doesn't exist in a vacuum and trends and patterns across multiple games from multiple companies can be observed fairly clearly.

I'm not going to bother listing everything that's been added and changed in FFXIV in the relaunch & first expansion.