Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    I only care about them when it comes to understanding the nature and the universe of Warcraft and why they are a requirement for balance.

I could care less about their motives, their individual characters (if any) or their "story" until Blizzard puts more than "uses Old Gods to corrupt Titan World Souls" in reference to their methodology.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The general rule to good storytelling is to create interesting characters and torture them for 300 pages. Blizzard has been wildly successful in creating interesting characters. The Void Lords though.... Does anyone really care about them? They seem pretty uninteresting to me.
    They're a lot more interesting than the Legion and are essentially why they exist in the first place.

I particularly enjoy the Lovecraftian elements of their 'Old God' creations; however, was pretty disappointed by Cataclysm despite this due to the excessive focus of Deathwing and the Twilight's Hammer. Felt like Ulduar and Yogg by themselves were more fascinating than the whole of Cataclysm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    It is perfectly acceptable to not be captivated by something that has no real background development.
    There's a difference between "not interested" and "uninteresting" though.

Not really and for me personally WoW's lore for me will end with Legion.

Blizzard hasn't done anything really interesting and Void Lords feel like a shitty cop out to have a big baddie after Legion.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    It was only stated that the Void Lords were powerless in the Physical universe....

However, it was NEVER stated that they weren't powerless in their area...
    They were jealous of the Titans and their power. This is why they set out to corrupt a nascent Titan through the use of the Old Gods. They are unable to influence events through their own power and must use proxies and subversion due to their impotency. This isn't comparable to eldritch horrors that pose a very real threat both temporal and spatial that do not need proxies to influence events.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    They were jealous of the Titans and their power. This is why they set out to corrupt a nascent Titan through the use of the Old Gods. They are unable to influence events through their own power and must use proxies and subversion due to their impotency. This isn't comparable to eldritch horrors that pose a very real threat both temporal and spatial that do not need proxies to influence events.
    They were jealous, yes...but that could mean MANY things.

They could've just been jealous of the Titans power in the THIRD DIMENSION (AKA, The Physical Universe). I mean, the Void lords can't really enter the Universe. And even if they did, it is only for a small time. And their "Avatars" are only mountains tall....

The Titans are litteral fucking planets. Hell, if you VOID Corrupt a Baby titan, it'll become strong enough to mop the floor with the other titans alone.

So..I'm not so sure...

No, I don't, and that's because the void lords should be nothing, but are instead treated as those more powerful than demons. Non-existent void spirits that don't exist in reality and struggle to manifest into the physical universe are more powerful than demons? Lol are demons actually fel vegetables? Please. I had surgery and I can't take much laughter.

Except the Outer Gods in H.P. Lovecraft's mythos are not impotent as the Void Lords are.
    They are to much occupied with channeling imbecile mode to be anything really...

- - - Updated - - -

Dimensius, whatever it may be single handly occupied entire planet. Thats on a level of Sargeras nearly. If he was Void Lord thats fine. But if he was just a random minion then were fucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    I care.

When I was little, I used to be picked allot at school by bigger boys. One day this bigger boy named Craig was gonna take all my lunch money, when Mr. Void Lord came in and saved the day. He taught me how to defend myself against bullies, ever since that day I have never been scared of standing up for myself.

So YEAH!

I care.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Dimensius, whatever it may be single handly occupied entire planet. Thats on a level of Sargeras nearly. If he was Void Lord thats fine. But if he was just a random minion then were fucked.
    If only. Sargeras casually swing his sword and cleaved a planet in two in an instant. On the other hand, Dimensius didn't take over a planet alone with his strength (be it physical or magical) - he (it?) just opened a bunch of portals to the Voids and the Nether, and let the Shadow / Arcane energies from those portals slowly spread around that world while he himself gather powers to summon more void creatures in. That's more or less what Ner'zhul (unintentionally) did when he wrecked Draenor or what the Legion usually do, far from what Sargeras (or even Archimonde / KJ) did. We faced and killed him before without much trouble, after all.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's another "wipe out everything because we're dark and that is our cosmological purpose" faction. It's overdone and i have no faith that blizzard wont pull another starcraft
    Wrath baby and proud of it

I'm curious, but honestly i don't really care much. They were forced into the story because Warcraft is running out of villains. Blizzard had to create a new bad guy because Sargeras will possibly get pwned pretty soon, so it would have left us with just the troll king, Azshara and N'zoth.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2017-06-09 at 04:47 AM.

Since Legion i dont really care about the lore anymore, im like "i give up, do whatever you want Blizzard, make Arthas the new avatar of Cthun and that bread vendor of Darnassus the Aspect of Earth"

No I do not really like them.. whats appealing to wow about me is the old school medieval feeling thats dwindling away with all the divine cosmo space lore

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    If only. Sargeras casually swing his sword and cleaved a planet in two in an instant. On the other hand, Dimensius didn't take over a planet alone with his strength (be it physical or magical) - he (it?) just opened a bunch of portals to the Voids and the Nether, and let the Shadow / Arcane energies from those portals slowly spread around that world while he himself gather powers to summon more void creatures in. That's more or less what Ner'zhul (unintentionally) did when he wrecked Draenor or what the Legion usually do, far from what Sargeras (or even Archimonde / KJ) did. We faced and killed him before without much trouble, after all.
    Casually opening multiple portals and making world unhabitable. Just random monday.

Also, Nerzhul used artifacts to do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baneador View Post
    Since Legion i dont really care about the lore anymore, im like "i give up, do whatever you want Blizzard, make Arthas the new avatar of Cthun and that bread vendor of Darnassus the Aspect of Earth"
    Actually, Arthas part make sense :P

Deleted
    Not interesting for me.

I play Warcraft to have red vs blue.
    I am part of the Horde to kill Alliance, the rest are side story lines for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Casually opening multiple portals and making world unhabitable. Just random monday.

Also, Nerzhul used artifacts to do that.
    And Ner'zhul's portals were powerful enough to rip the planet apart in a few moments. Dimensius' portals' power were nowhere near that (presumably, seeing that both the Ethereal's homeworld and the unnamed world in Tuure's lore were standing long enough while the Ethereal fought Dimensius' force to a standstill). It was just that their side effect (spreading Void and Arcane energy around the planet) are harmful over time. In fact, he likely couldn't even open all those portals at once, seeing that there were no mention of it and he never managed to do so while facing us.

Opening multiple portals over time is above normal mages' level, but isn't really something that exceptionally powerful when we are talking about the top batters. In comparison, for example, a single portal of Illidan contained a force powerful enough to rip a continent apart - and I wouldn't even put Illidan in the "top batter" category yet.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-06-09 at 05:42 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Not really no. I care about them, as much as I cared about Amon in Starcraft, which is to say; not a lot, if any at all. And Amon is basically a Void Lord...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I think they could be good so long as they execute them properly.

That is to say, make them more than just generic doomsday bad guys. Make them a real, unknowable pantheon of Cosmic Horrors. Something like the Outer Gods from Lovecraft's works.

We've known since BC that Void creatures were just as essential to the existence of the universe as the Void itself. They should keep that rule with the Void Lords. They shouldn't just be another world-destroying baddy to defeat. They should be the ultimate enemy. Unable to be destroyed or completely defeated, but still able to be kept in check and prevented from overwhelming the universe. The Void Lords should be truly essential to existence.
    Last edited by Arenchac of Suramar; 2017-06-09 at 08:42 AM.

Feel as if there building them up only to disappoint later on. You would also think that they could come up with different lore/story instead of copying /rehashing lore from SC2. It's gonna be funny to see what they announce next expansion.