Page 18 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Since I am completely uneducated about UK politics as a whole, could some Brit please answer this for me?

Percentage wise - what are May's chances she remains as PM? And if she loses, Corbyn takes over?

Also, since this is UK vote, I am assuming Northern Ireland voted?
    May's chances are 50/50 here, I think she will resign, but she may not. Corbyn only becomes pm if labour win the election or form a majority coalition.

And yes Northern Ireland votes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Since I am completely uneducated about UK politics as a whole, could some Brit please answer this for me?

Percentage wise - what are May's chances she remains as PM? And if she loses, Corbyn takes over?

Also, since this is UK vote, I am assuming Northern Ireland voted?
    Her chances? 10% and falling, she'll have to step down most likely.

And no she hasn't lost, but she also hasn't won. Chances are we'll have to redo the election until we can form a government.

This 3 year old Political Commentator has some ideas about the British Election..

The kid sounds spot on with her opinion

No wonder it is a Hung Parliament

Last edited by Blobfish; 2017-06-09 at 06:12 AM.

Deleted
    I think if conservatives try running on a more moderate platform and actually listen to what people want rather than just ramming what ever may likes into their pledges, they have a good chance. But if they use this to double down on the it current stances then it's over for them

Deleted
    If she steps down, who will be the new PM?
    According to the bookies - Corbyn. (and UK loves its bookies) She's just below him as a next choice, but they're pretty close. BoJo is getting more and more likely, but come the fuck on. If they try to get him elected, the next person who calls Corbyn unelectable will immediately combust.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    May's chances are 50/50 here, I think she will resign, but she may not. Corbyn only becomes pm if labour win the election or form a majority coalition.

And yes Northern Ireland votes.
    Didn't see that before, thanks.

Apparently this is a best-ever record for Lord Buckethead though.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...rd-buckethead/
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Genadius View Post
    According to the bookies - Corbyn. (and UK loves its bookies) She's just below him as a next choice, but they're pretty close. BoJo is getting more and more likely, but come the fuck on. If they try to get him elected, the next person who calls Corbyn unelectable will immediately combust.
    LoL - thanks for the insight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Genadius View Post
    Boris johnson, I really hope the party is never stupid enough to run with him as leader. His lovable idiot image wears off if he talks for more than 30secs

Corbyn's approval rating rose from -42 to -2 during the election and his campaign and manifesto were among the greatest in post war history.
    The above quote came from The Guardian, and apparently was written by a huge Corbyn fan.

I am willing to believe that his approval rating was -42. It really is up to -2? That is a HUGE jump for him. All I ever read about him is how much of a terrorist he is, and how his very existance is hurting UK. Either many people in UK did not read those stories, or just flat out dismissed them.

Another comment also stated that with the Northern Ireland group not seating their members, the requirement for getting half is reduced, meaning that CON + DUP would be enough - less than 326, but more than half of what is needed when you remove the Northern Ireland seats from consideration.
    Last edited by Omega10; 2017-06-09 at 06:24 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually think there's a good chance that the Conservatives will hold the PM spot, though maybe not with May at the head. The thing is, nobody REALLY wants another election. It's too unpredictable what will happen. Labor may continue to make gains, but the Cons may also regain their lead again. And whichever party is blamed for forcing another election is likely to take a beating for it.

I think parties are going to want to deal. It's just a question of whether they can come to one or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Apparently this is a best-ever record for Lord Buckethead though.
    *Lord Buckethead*
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...rd-buckethead/

This.

This is now my favourite photo on the internet.

Boris johnson, I really hope the party is never stupid enough to run with him as leader. His lovable idiot image wears off if he talks for more than 30secs
    They don't have another big personality available at the moment, is the problem. I think the UK might be heading towards a new election very soon... Problem is someone will have to talk to Brussels, and for better or for worse, I think an invigorated Corbyn will be better than a sad May or a BoJo.

If Labour keep it up with good campaigning, they might end up being in power at the end of the year, but that's getting ahead of my (and anyone's) ability to predict.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    The above quote came from The Guardian, and apparently was written by a huge Corbyn fan.

I am willing to believe that his approval rating was -42. It really is up to -2? That is a HUGE jump for him. All I ever read about him is how much of a terrorist he is, and how his very existance is hurting UK. Either many people in UK did not read those stories, or just flat out dismissed them.

Another comment also stated that with the Northern Ireland group not seating their members, the requirement for getting half is reduced, meaning that CON + DUP would be enough - less than 326, but more than half of what is needed when you remove the Northern Ireland seats from consideration.
    Yeah, they need 323 for the tightest majority, which they already have. The remaining 5 constituencies are Kensington in London, which I imagine is very close, and 4 in SW England, all of which are hard Tory. They'll have 328 or 329 in either case (327 is the most optimistic I can see), which is pretty damn wobbly.

It is theoretically possible that Corbyn can convince the NI ones to sit in Westminster, but that'd be really hard, and it wouldn't make that much difference.

Also, off-topic, how do I update my posts? I'm running around re-editing them, and I doubt that's the best way to do it.
    Last edited by mmoc092a40bd7b; 2017-06-09 at 06:31 AM.

All I ever read about him is how much of a terrorist he is, and how his very existance is hurting UK. Either many people in UK did not read those stories, or just flat out dismissed them.
    Don't forget his egregious crimes of not wearing a tie or singing the national anthem! Serious! Hard Hitting! Issues! Important stuff!

Oh and years ago he talked to some terrorists instead of blowing them up like a good little conservative
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

And he might need someone to help him dress appropriately .

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politi...24-gukw89.html

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    As I said earlier "The Tories not doing as well as people thought does not mean Labour won, that makes no sense. They are just not doing as shit as people thought they would, they are still predicted to be shit."

If the Tories win without an increased majority then it is a Pyrrhic victory. The idea that losing is somehow a victory for Labour is bizarre, it is like cheering because only three people pissed in your cornflakes this morning, rather than the normal four...you are still eating piss-covered cornflakes, which is a bad thing. Unless you happen to be German, then you might be into that, you know what that lot are like.
    I'd argue that it's a victory for Labour in that they improved their position, the Blairites might even get back on board and strengthen the Shadow Cabinet with figures that aren't called Diane Abbott. This however is not me saying they won the General Election, they didn't.....infact it's looking like no one did outright.

Pretty amazing to be waking up and seeing that the Exit Poll nailed it, looks like we are about to live in interesting times, Can we afford to call another GE with Brexit negotiations looming? Seems unlikely, in which case it's going to be a Con/DUP coalition/potential minority government.

The most intriguing thing about this would be that the "No deal is better than a bad deal" bullshit is dead. Whilst the DUP will happily work with the the Tories on a hard Brexit they won't let the Irish border default to a hard one which is a consequence of no deal. Next talking point is what of Mrs May? Actually got a higher voting share than Cameron according to the BBC but can she survive such a high stakes blunder?

Interesting times indeed.

All that "bloody difficult" woman needed to do was chant "Hard Brexit, Hard Brexit, Hard Brexit!" over and over again and that would have sunk Corbyn's boat, which would be healthy for both the country and for the Labour Party.

But no.

"We need to kill foxes!"
    "We need to put a chastity belt on the internet"

Picard_facepalm.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

Why is Tory abbreviated at CON (presumably short for CONservative)? Why wouldn't it be TOR?
    Conservative is the official name of the party, Tory is an old name dating back to the 1830s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Putricide View Post
    All that "bloody difficult" woman needed to do was chant "Hard Brexit, Hard Brexit, Hard Brexit!" over and over again and that would have sunk Corbyn's boat, which would be healthy for both the country and for the Labour Party.

But no.

"We need to kill foxes!"
    "We need to put a chastity belt on the internet"

Picard_facepalm.jpg
    Yup. There were times in the campaign where I thought she WANTED to loose. She comes off as an ignorant old woman.

The "Terrorist" thing was the equivalent of "Bengali" in the US elections. ie It's actually mostly Corbyns fans that throw it around to berate the other side for shallow reasons not to vote for him, when in reality there's a whole wealth of legitimate reasons.

(Im not saying it wasn't a reason for a lot of people though - the IRA killed hundreds of civilians in the UK and a lot of people had friends and loved ones that died, so there were always going to be some people that hated him just for not condemning them).

Honestly, Corbyn did as well as he did because he promised the world to everybody, but his "fully costed" plan was so naively costed that a lot of people were nervous he could push us into economic ruin for generations.

It's ironic he kept campaigning on Free School Lunches for everybody when we've always used the adage "There's no such thing as a free lunch" to describe exactly the concerns with a plan like his.

Yep. This is true and the most likely outcome imo. Corbyn barely has the support of half his party, even with a coalition with LibDems AND SNP (which isn't going to happen) he still won't have the support he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    I actually think there's a good chance that the Conservatives will hold the PM spot, though maybe not with May at the head. The thing is, nobody REALLY wants another election. It's too unpredictable what will happen. Labor may continue to make gains, but the Cons may also regain their lead again. And whichever party is blamed for forcing another election is likely to take a beating for it.
    It could definately go either way. One of Labours biggest gains was getting the young voters on side and a lot more to actually vote, but that's a huge rarity and can't be assumed will happen again. It'd be hard to keep the same momentum going for another 6 months without the "cult of personality" that's been built around him from slipping. Also, if May is replaced by even someone VAGUELY competent and charismatic it could make a whole difference.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!