Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notebookonmydesk View Post
    FTLOG they need to get rid of street tracks (well more so Monaco). Today was such a fking snoozefest.
    Yup.

Monte Carlo was absolutely horrible.

Indy 500 was great, 30 guys driving an oval ring for 200 laps. Lots of shit happening all the time.

F1 needs speed and space, the current tracks are way too narrow and tight curved. Also reversed starting order after qualifying (and give points to drivers from the qualifying).
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

15+ Year Old Account
    Monte Carlo is always boring unless there is a lot of crashes or rain like last year
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Kimi was just seething the whole post-race, lolfuck. Feel so bad for the guy, love me some Kimi.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kimi's problem was his own pace coz he could not drive away from Vettel in the first stint and it actualy caused Bottas to gain in on them so then when Vettel took the lead he did was Kimi should have done and thats driving away, Vettel had a 11 sec gap when the Safety car came out.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2017/06/0...est-six-years/
    Robert Kubica has tested a Formula One car for the first time since the rally crash which maimed him in 2011.

The 32-year-old drove a 2012-specification Lotus E20, now run by Renault, at the Ricardo Tormo circuit in Valencia. The team confirmed he did 115 laps in the car.

Kubica’s last F1 test was at the same Spanish circuit on February 2rd, 2011, when he headed the times in the team’s 2011 car. Four days later he suffered serious injuries when he crashed his Skoda Fabia S2000 while competing in the Ronde di Andora Rally.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

15+ Year Old Account
    Renault is getting desperate on finding a substitute for Palmer....
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Renault is getting desperate on finding a substitute for Palmer....
    Why would they be desparate? They could have pay drivers lining up to take that seat from him and if Renault are willing to pay there are plenty of high class drivers outside of F1 who are qualified, skilled and willing to do the job. I think this thing with Kubica was just as they describe, them giving him an opportunity to test for old times sakes to help with his recovery.

It just happened to be that he did really well, rumour has it he was faster than their young reserve driver Sergey Sirotkin and of course he did a full weekend of running in a single day. Kubica was a monster in F1, he was a beast in Rally too but too but I think he overdrove or lost focus too often, causing his many retirements despite being extremely fast.

F1 is a lot more forgiving and predictable than rally though, he can get away with pushing that hard. He's 32 years old which means he still has maybe 5-7 years of peak performance if he's motivated, so if his injuries really are healed enough he could make a comeback and obviously he's going to blow Palmer out of the water.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Why would they be desparate? They could have pay drivers lining up to take that seat from him and if Renault are willing to pay there are plenty of high class drivers outside of F1 who are qualified, skilled and willing to do the job. I think this thing with Kubica was just as they describe, them giving him an opportunity to test for old times sakes to help with his recovery.
    Palmer brings in a lot of money. They need someone who can do that. Robert apparently does compared to the young drivers.

Because realistically, if you need a new driver for your team, and if given a choice, would you hire a 32 year old half handicapped guy who hasn't driven F1 for 6 years? OR would you hire a young talent that could some day be the best F1 driver?

And again, realistically, neither of those choices probably will net much points for the team this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Palmer brings in a lot of money. They need someone who can do that. Robert apparently does compared to the young drivers.

Because realistically, if you need a new driver for your team, and if given a choice, would you hire a 32 year old half handicapped guy who hasn't driven F1 for 6 years? OR would you hire a young talent that could some day be the best F1 driver?

And again, realistically, neither of those choices probably will net much points for the team this season.
    Kubica is massively marketable and popular though, did you see how news websites and social media blew up over just 1 picture of him testing a car? People went nuts. They can market him well, of course they don't have a car deserving of his skills right now so maybe you're right it's pointless, but he's still a driver in his prime who has just proven he's faster than their currently contracted upcoming talent and his "handicap" is no longer a problem.

Valencia was a circuit he thought would be an issue with his injury, and the guy did 115 laps in one day and said it was fine... I think his handicap is not that relevant anymore due to the level of his recovery this year. Renault are a works team, they can't keep the slowest driver on the grid in the car, and if you go by qualifying deficit to teammates Palmer is the slowest driver in F1. Palmer clearly has some talent from his lower formula results, but he's also clearly not figured out how to drive/setup an F1 car quickly, so his time is numbered.

You see it really strongly with Stroll vs Massa, Stroll is so out of his depth that his target is simply finishing races while his car is capable of consistent points, as Massa keeps showing. Palmers dad is not as rich as Strolls dad, and Stroll isn't driving for a works team either, so Palmer is gone and personally I think if Renault want to be a serious contender they need to put in a real driver, because someone like Palmer cannot develop a car or provide the right feedback, because he can't drive it to the edge and has only limited experience in F1.

Hamiltons pole position at Canada, absolutely incredible and demolished Bottas. Makes up for his shoddy performance at Monaco.

Ye Alonso is definitely going after this year. I mean great debut on his Indycar race and personally I enjoyed watching my first Indycar race on TV but Honda are just failing to deliver. Which makes me wonder why Sauber chose to go with them. I'd take a year old Ferrari engine that can't really have any work done over a Honda engine that can't even make it to the finish any day of the week.

As for the race. Well done to Mercedes on their 1-2 but even more so well done to Force India for 5th and 6th. And especially Vettel for that comeback.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-11 at 08:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hamilton is starting to annoy me with his "we dealt ferrari a great blow" i got news for him they didnt lol as Vettel got damaged in turn 1 so who knows what could have happend and kimi had break problems if hamilton had beat them 1 on 1 on the track then he could have said it but now its just far from the truth

Uh, I don't think you understand what he means? Mercedes getting a 1-2 is a great blow. Just the same as if Ferrari get a 1-2 its a big blow for Mercs title hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Hamilton is starting to annoy me with his "we dealt ferrari a great blow" i got news for him they didnt lol as Vettel got damaged in turn 1 so who knows what could have happend and kimi had break problems if hamilton had beat them 1 on 1 on the track then he could have said it but now its just far from the truth
    Well he did beat them one on one on track, Hamilton had the best qualifying lap, the fastest race lap and he won the race from pole.. It wasnt as if Vettel had them on pace. Mercedes were faster at Canada just as Ferrari were faster at Monaco.

15+ Year Old Account
    Still didnt fight them 1 on 1 cant compare qualifying with race as i believe Ferrari over a long race pace would have been able to attack hamilton there have been moments where Mercedes was quicker in quali but in race pace Ferrari was better and because Vettel got touched in the first turn we will never find out and there for Hamiltons claim of dealing a great blow is false.

Still a long season to go. The hard hitting blows are yet to come. This is just a hiccup, just like Monaco has been a hiccup.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Still didnt fight them 1 on 1 cant compare qualifying with race as i believe Ferrari over a long race pace would have been able to attack hamilton there have been moments where Mercedes was quicker in quali but in race pace Ferrari was better and because Vettel got touched in the first turn we will never find out and there for Hamiltons claim of dealing a great blow is false.
    How do you figure Ferrari had more race pace? Hamilton cruised home to an easy victory and Bottas an easy 2nd with a large gap to 3rd, only time Hamilton really pushed was at the end to get the fastest lap. You can't take anything away from Hamilton for that weekend. You also can't give anything to Vettel, if he had not made a bad start he would not have been passed by Verstappen, thus he would not have damaged his wing and so he is partially responsible.

And how is it not a great blow? Ferrari entered the weekend the favourites, and then got shown up in qualifying and finished in 4th and 7th while Mercedes got a 1-2 finish and retook the lead in the constructors championship.

15+ Year Old Account
    if he had not made a bad start he would not have been passed by Verstappen
    Look again his start wasnt bad Verstappen just had a world start even better then Hamilton.

And how is it not a great blow? Ferrari entered the weekend the favourites, and then got shown up in qualifying and finished in 4th and 7th while Mercedes got a 1-2 finish and retook the lead in the constructors championship.
    And you call that a "Great' blow? im keeping to my opinion if Mercedes beat Ferrari in the race 1 on 1 (which means Vettel could drive at the front from the start) and they did a 1-2 with hamilton driving away and Ferrari not being able to follow then i might would have called it a blow but in this case i wont same as i dont think Ferrari dealt a great blow in Monaco because Mercedes had problems with their setup.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2017-06-16 at 09:51 PM.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...rt-formula-one

No shit it's detrimental. Problem is Liberty have to deal with some of the mess Bernie created.

Really sad that it's Paywall only from 2019-2024. Sickened a bit too.