Question Any good cheese fights in ToS?

Was wondering this during our H-NH farm run tonight. Cheesed Skorpyron, of course, and I was thinking I'm gonna miss topping DPS & Healing meters simultaneously... as tank.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Yeah Mistress
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

I'm afraid of being cheesed as a monk by heavy magic damage because of stagger nerf.

really don't like cheese fights, so i hope not

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Was wondering this during our H-NH farm run tonight. Cheesed Skorpyron, of course, and I was thinking I'm gonna miss topping DPS & Healing meters simultaneously... as tank.
    Define cheese for me so I can give an example. A couple early fights look ridiculously easy.

I really hope not.

I'd rather people focus on mechanics than focusing on topping meters tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post
    I really hope not.

I'd rather people focus on mechanics than focusing on topping meters tbh.
    If you're cheesing Skorpyron, you're no longer worried about mechanics.
    It's a strat that only works on farm mode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    Define cheese for me so I can give an example. A couple early fights look ridiculously easy.
    Fights you can do in some unorthodox way that turns Blizz's intended mechanics upside down.
    On Skorpyron, for example, you can tank the boss on top of the hole where the adds spawn, essentially pulling them all immediately so you never have to worry about someone getting knocked back. You just have to have the heals to keep tank alive and dps to kill them fast. But if you can pull it off, everyone gets to have fun throwing up insane numbers. Just a way to make the fight fun again after you've had it on farm a while.

You can cheese Tichondrius by tanking adds on top of him, not as big a deal, but technically a cheese.

- - - Updated - - -

Not all cheese strats have to do with blowing up meters, of course. Some are just creative ways (perfectly legal, just unorthodox) to circumvent the intended mechanics.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope not, I'm lactose intolerant

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so as far as doing mechanics some unorthodox way, harjatan mythic seems to be completely faceroll where you can almost ignore the mythic mechanic (almost) and just aoe adds down in a yoloish fashion.

I disagree with the skorpion "cheese" mechanic. It wasn't thought of to bypass baddies being unable to hide. That strat is purely dps pad based which could fuck some people because it can cause a good bit of lag. Tichondrius I agree with though. But again, as far as testing goes, and those types of strats, I only see harjatan mythic being a thing made easier by ignoring some components, the other fights I have no clue.

My dream is to battle a sentient block of cheese.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

15+ Year Old Account
    Hope it is, always love a nice cheese fight when shits on farm, 5mill dps, 5fps, ah, love it
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    Ok so as far as doing mechanics some unorthodox way, harjatan mythic seems to be completely faceroll where you can almost ignore the mythic mechanic (almost) and just aoe adds down in a yoloish fashion.

I disagree with the skorpion "cheese" mechanic. It wasn't thought of to bypass baddies being unable to hide. That strat is purely dps pad based which could fuck some people because it can cause a good bit of lag. Tichondrius I agree with though. But again, as far as testing goes, and those types of strats, I only see harjatan mythic being a thing made easier by ignoring some components, the other fights I have no clue.
    On Harjatan, if the adds from Mythic Eggs die next to boss, he gains 25% increased damage(stacks) for the rest of the fight. But you are right, they can be ignored mostly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    On Harjatan, if the adds from Mythic Eggs die next to boss, he gains 25% increased damage(stacks) for the rest of the fight. But you are right, they can be ignored mostly.
    Right. So with a little kite magic that fight becomes very simple. Granted it is one of the first fights and shouldn't be expected to be gamebreaking. He's no gorefiend or anything, but even with the other tests I don't necessarily see anything op is looking for. I'm sure in the coming weeks some weird shit is gonna pop up and everyone start using some dumb strat. Never fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Majordomo Muenster inc

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I hope not, I'm lactose intolerant
    This.

Me too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Majordomo Muenster inc
    What about Captain Cheddar, Admiral Asiago, and Sergeant Swiss. I'm thinking it should be a council fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Would probably have more abilities that all vanilla bosses.