Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Page 8 of 308 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    Sounds like a PR marketing stunt.
    Then u know nothing about CD Projeck Red.

Ontopic: Ill say here what I said on twitter, I hope whoever leaks that gets butt aids. So tired of those "hackers" and what not trying to hold shit to ransom. Just like the asshats who did it to Netflix awhile back.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Then u know nothing about CD Projeck Red.

Ontopic: Ill say here what I said on twitter, I hope whoever leaks that gets butt aids. So tired of those "hackers" and what not trying to hold shit to ransom. Just like the asshats who did it to Netflix awhile back.
    Agreed. CDPR has been nothing but good to its fan base from all that I have seen, hope they get justice.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Once more, putin and his russian hackers found another victim.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

If these low life hackers needed to hack anyone, it needed to be Activision, EA, or Ubisoft. You know, the big game publishers who have gotten greedy as fuck and want nothing more than to rape their consumers for as much money as they can.

CD Project Red is one of the last bastions of good video game companies who don't try to screw over their consumers with every decision they make.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Agreed. CDPR has been nothing but good to its fan base from all that I have seen, hope they get justice.
    On the other hand, they said recently that Cyberpunk promotional campaign will suprise us.

My bets on brilliant marketing campaign.

"Hackers" hack the presentation at E3 and we get our first looks.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    My bets on brilliant marketing campaign.

"Hackers" hack the presentation at E3 and we get our first looks.
    Why? What benefit do they gain? How does this work into CDPR's longterm communications/marketing strategy for the game? Why do it right before E3 rather than in a less crowded time for news?

No, this is them legit getting hacked. You don't pretend you got early design documents hacked, and are now being blackmailed for them, as a fucking marketing stunt. Europe loves their pointless, idiotic marketing stunts (much to the chagrin of us their US partners), but not even the most shit tier of PR firms or developers/publishers would think this is a good idea.

Time for several thousand people to have their pcs wired up with trojans out the ass downloading 'leaked cyberpunk 2077'

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why? What benefit do they gain? How does this work into CDPR's longterm communications/marketing strategy for the game? Why do it right before E3 rather than in a less crowded time for news?

No, this is them legit getting hacked. You don't pretend you got early design documents hacked, and are now being blackmailed for them, as a fucking marketing stunt. Europe loves their pointless, idiotic marketing stunts (much to the chagrin of us their US partners), but not even the most shit tier of PR firms or developers/publishers would think this is a good idea.
    I've seen bands get their websites 'hacked' and album release dates released that way.

Its pretty cringe and literally no one is fooled by it, but they keep doing it. I'm almost certain games have done it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    CD Project Red is one of the last bastions of good video game companies who don't try to screw over their consumers with every decision they make.
    While this is true, they partner with WB for publishing duties on physical releases and WB games is more of a cancer to the industry then EA and Ubisoft. They're right up there with Activision.

I would like to see them not partner with them in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by zomgzerg View Post
    except for registering GOG in Cyprus or wherever for obvious EU tax dodging reasons
    Good, fuck the EU :^)

i would die for a game like this, made as a mmorpg, on a solid classical base, without targeting mass audience but targetting the classical mmorpg crowd. then you could talk about a wow-killer. i would die for such a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i would die for a game like this, made as a mmorpg, on a solid classical base, without targeting mass audience but targetting the classical mmorpg crowd. then you could talk about a wow-killer. i would die for such a game.
    I would rather every great game idea not be watered down so it will work as an MMO, but that's just me.

Then that sucks.

I thought this was a cool marketing stunt and gave my opinion it was. But what the fuck do I know I guess. Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Then that sucks.

I thought this was a cool marketing stunt and gave my opinion it was. But what the fuck do I know I guess. Jesus.
    Wasn't meant to be a dickish post, apologies if it came off that way. I just get touchy with that subject given how much stress related incidents have caused me over the years -______-

The premise seems heavily inspired by Bubblegum Crisis, but I suppose I should say Bladerunner since that was the inspiration for BGC.

EDIT: Wasn't aware this is based on a set of games from a long time ago. Still holds true that the inspiration likely included Bladerunner.
    Last edited by stellvia; 2017-06-09 at 05:54 PM.

Europe loves their pointless, idiotic marketing stunts (much to the chagrin of us their US partners),
    What the fuck are you talking about?

Great to see their passion products development.

Much like Larian Studios and xseed. Thwie games are a labor of love. Its a one and expansion pass purchase or whatever they launch based on principal for the respect they show the community.p

Unfortunately the bottom of that barrel for community disrespect these days is Bethesda and Blizzard

Yes Blizzard. I said it
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-11-29 at 11:59 AM.