Thread: lunch

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

lunch

So what are you guys doing for lunch? I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'm at work today and limited to what can be either delivered to me or what may be sold over at the student union.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    I might just get a nature valley bar.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had kimchi, lots of it

We might go in together and order Mexican, they deliver if you have like a $30 order or more.

If so that means I'll get a carne asada burrito.

It doesn't look pretty but it tastes good.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Eating a sandwich at my desk, most likely. Same as every day, lol.

There's a grocery store chain that is local to south eastern Wisconsin that I normally go to. They have awesome produce, so you can make a really good salad for cheap. Their hot bar normally has some really good options too.

....now I just need to kill one more hour until I take my lunch

Steak Taco's

I always make my own food and bring it to work.

Deleted
    I had a bratwurst with some kartoffelstampf. Dont even know what its named in english.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salad... dull I know.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Left over rice pilaf and sausages.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    Eating a sandwich at my desk, most likely. Same as every day, lol.
    That's disgusting. Eating where you work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm heavily considering sushi. There's a place near where I live that does a 24 roll platter for 22 CAD if you pay cash, which is a bargain.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

idk, maybe some deli chicken or chipotle

Though it is payday.....

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I had a bratwurst with some kartoffelstampf. Dont even know what its named in english.
    Mashed potato?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Mashed potato?
    Right. Thanks.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Right. Thanks.
    Had to google it, the pictures looked like mashed potato, but google translate had it come up as "potato starch" which doesnt sound as appetizing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Had to google it, the pictures looked like mashed potato, but google translate had it come up as "potato starch" which doesnt sound as appetizing.
    No, its exactly that. My english just wasnt good enough to know what i could translate Kartoffelstampf to

10+ Year Old Account
    Lunch was leftovers, F2.1 likes to make sure there are leftovers to see me through lunch. There was beef stir fried with green chili peppers, along with a stir fry of pork, celery and cilantro/Chinese Parsley, served with a bit of Cambodian rice. F2.1 is from Hunan, so both kinds of stir fry also had a good bit of dried red chili.

It was Friday night already on this side of the planet, so we had skewers of grilled stuff (lamb, beef tendon, silkworm chrysalis, garlic), crawdads, clams, grilled potato slices, and cold Korean soup for dinner. Friday night is our night to eat out with the women who work for her, and she loves to get a big tray of crawdads to share.

Since we ate out, I may be on my own for Saturday's lunch. That will give me a chance to use some of the fresh noodles she bought for me, and maybe a couple of chicken leg quarters.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

My husband and i are trying to eat better, so my old answer would be pizza, but i am planning on making some falafel instead.