Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty ridiculous imo.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    Last night my guild was doing a PUG Nighthild for our Alts as we do every week.

I labeled it as

Description:
    885+ Fast Leg Run Read Details

Details:
    No Ragnaros, Quel'thalas, Goldrinn or Azralon

Within 30 minutes I wasn't able to message anyone outside of my friends list and got an email stating that my account was silenced because of my LFG Description and that it had been removed.

For some clarification, I intentionally list those servers as there is a communication barrier between them due to a large population of them not speaking English, and communicating with PUGS is already difficult enough, that allowing a language barrier is only one more headache. Listing it also stops them from applying for the group and messaging me their achievements in hopes to get in. Every time I've done it, I have maybe had 2-3 people from those servers apply instead of the usual 30-40 since they seem to connected frequently to my server.

So what do you guys think? Worth Blizzard silencing me? Someone overreacting instead of messaging me?
    I can immediately see why you got reported, and while I do sympathise with you on that particular front I do have one question; why did you put that particular sentence in? as RL you are able to see the realm of anyone who is applying, just don't accept the ones from a realm you don't like. if they question you, say that you have enough melee, or you have a *insert class here* healer already or something similar.

main problem was that you publicised it, which got you reported. next time, don't

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I suggest weeding through your signups and just not inviting from the realms you listed. Calling them out like that is very sad for them and probably the issue.
    I agree with this.
    If it is a communication issue, then perhaps instead state the reason - language.
    And do it manually.
    If you want arbitrary restrictions, make them and their reasons crystal clear at the start.
    If those complaints were in fact prompted by apparent reports from the affected realms, those complaining had at least enough understanding of english to decide they didn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Selky View Post
    Everyone who reported you should be punished for misusing the system. You did them a favor by being upfront about it, I don't see how letting them apply and never accepting them is any better than being honest.
    And they might not know why.
    They understood english enough, so it is rather a poor generalisation to assume a whole realm off-limits.
    State the reason, which might well apply to players on many other realms too.
    Singling those out comes across as wrong.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-06-09 at 03:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

As I've stated multiple times, you get tons of requests from those servers and even if you deny them, some will continue to reqeue, so I've felt putting that would minimize the amount of those players and it has drastically. It saves both myself and them time for a group they won't be invited to.

I wouldn't call it discrimination as that is a fairly harsh word to use in this case. The definition of discrimination says "unjust" and excluding people who can't communicate with a group and result in wasting people's time or causing unnecessary wipes is not unjust in the slightest, especially because as I've said as well, there have been times where players specifically from Azralon have messaged me asking why and usually talk to them for a minute and invite them when I realize there won't be a language barrier.
    It is discrimination, and to the people to whom your generalizations don't apply, it is unjust. Of course theyr'e going to report.

As I've stated multiple times, you get tons of requests from those servers and even if you deny them, some will continue to reqeue, so I've felt putting that would minimize the amount of those players and it has drastically. It saves both myself and them time for a group they won't be invited to.
    So what? You want a good group? Take your time to assemble it. Double check everyone. Remove those you don't like for whatever reason - or just keep them in list and ignore them. It's not that big deal.

I wouldn't call it discrimination as that is a fairly harsh word to use in this case. The definition of discrimination says "unjust" and excluding people who can't communicate with a group and result in wasting people's time or causing unnecessary wipes is not unjust in the slightest, especially because as I've said as well, there have been times where players specifically from Azralon have messaged me asking why and usually talk to them for a minute and invite them when I realize there won't be a language barrier.
    It actually is discrimination. And it is unjust and stupid. I would not have banned you for such note (basically because you can filter out those guys regardless of announcement) but yet again, its even more stupid to announce it. It IS unjust. If you want players who can communicate with group then you should state it this way around (eg. written and spoken English required).

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think its worth the silence and probably won't be actioned by a GM review. There is nothing offensive in the description and its kind of the same as if I saw one that said Stormrage only. There are dozens of other pugs going on at any given time, so those players could easily apply to those.

Quote Originally Posted by Maslenka View Post
    So what? You want a good group? Take your time to assemble it. Double check everyone. Remove those you don't like for whatever reason - or just keep them in list and ignore them. It's not that big deal.

It actually is discrimination. And it is unjust and stupid. I would not have banned you for such note (basically because you can filter out those guys regardless of announcement) but yet again, its even more stupid to announce it. It IS unjust. If you want players who can communicate with group then you should state it this way around (eg. written and spoken English required).
    There's no law or rule that forces you to invite anybody to your group. Making a Druid-only nighthold clear isn't a mutable/bannable offense and anyone that reports you for refusing to invite them to a group is the idiot
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2017-06-09 at 04:29 PM.

Deleted
    Which difficulty was this pug for?

OP, while I can understand it is not fun playing with a language barrier, blacklisting entire servers is the dictionary definition of discrimination, and it's reportable by players and actionable by Blizzard.

Now the question is whether the silence is enough in the GM's eyes, or decide to slap a ban on you as well (and considering discrimination is a huge no-no at Blizzard, it could be quite a lengthy ban).

Edit: By the way, this is my first post on the MMO-Champion forum, so please don't kill me.
    Last edited by Arena25; 2017-06-09 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Disclaimer

10+ Year Old Account
    When 6/10 players queuing are from those servers, it's a much easier way to avoid them. Why would you report someone for that? I didn't say why I wasn't inviting them in the Details. It wasn't harsh, and sure, everyone knows why I'm not adding them, but my intent was not to insult anyone.

As the raid leader I am allowed to be selective and add restrictions to who I invite, it was done in a Direct and non offensive manner. If someone took offense to that, that is on them and I shouldn't be punished for that. If I said "no Rag blah blah because you all suck learn English" yeah, I'd get that, silence me, that would make me an asshole. But I didn't, just simply put a list of exclusives servers.

The ratio of good to bad players there is way too high on the bad side, so it's not worth inviting them most of the time.
    Our raid leader will not allow any from specific realms, simply because they don't speak or refuse to speak English, he has never been silenced or reported. If you don't want to use the PUBLIC forum to list your raid use your own private one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    So you'd rather me waste everyone's time by having them apply just to be ignored or kicking them once they get in the group?

Just for you I'll start letting folks get to the entrance of the raid before I kick them so they can feel like they were included for a little bit
    Same way you ignore to join a raid group, applying to a raid does not guarantee acceptance.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I think for it to be discrimination it has to be unjust. Not wanting people in your group because they can't speak English isn't unjust, since raiding can involve constant communication.
    There's no reason to include that line though- just don't accept players from South/Central American realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Maslenka View Post

This whole discrimination is a bad thing when forming groups is ridiculous.
    "Must be x ilvl" - discrimination.
    "LFM dps, no tanks or healers" - discrimination.
    "Link aotc" - discrimination.
    "No more protector token classes" - discrimination.
    "Link progress/achieve" -discrimination

Is the idea that filtering them out (discriminating against them) without being verbal about it is alright, but being honest and communicating why is wrong?

you should be silenced with that toxic racist nonsense you are looking to get oh it is ok community is juyst a bunch of dickheads for not understanding me excuse

Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    You fool. Russians are on average better than most european regions. Maybe they cheat and lag but usually they won't cost you the run.
    Depends.

I've joined dungeons and raids with Russians and 90% of the time it was fine, however when the language barrier appears it's tremendously frustrating. Was pugging m+ with this Russian mage who kept breaking cc and pulling extra packs with his dragon breath helmet (it was teeming hov) and in the end the group leader had to google translate into Russian (don't ask me if that made any sense in Russian) to tell this guy about it and indeed he started positioning a bit better, so generally he wasn't complete crap player since he adjusted his playstyle, he wasn't a good player either (because then he would know beforehand to not pull stuff and position properly), but if he knew english we'd have much easier time dealing with him.

This can happen with any players that don't know english, and there is a higher chance of them being on non-english servers like russian, german, french, spanish, italian etc. because they feel the server language is enough to go by. Many of them do know english, many do not. There are some people playing on english servers whose english is super poor.

It's not a problem until you need to communicate, often you don't need to, but when you go to court of stars and say "rogue click flask" and he looks at you weirdly then it's wasted time if he doesn't know what to do and doesn't understand directions either. Ofc a good rogue already knows to click the flask without being told to, then you don't need to say anything.

Oh yeah, I also did another cos on m+ and people started typing clues in chat, one Russian says "long sleeves" I click the only guy in the pack with long sleeves (prot paladin artifact reveals correct group) and I get kicked out, I'm like wtf and the Russian says "sry bad translation", so he did know some english but not enough to translate the clue (and I guess didn't have an addon that auto prints it without him having to translate).

Most of the time you don't need to communicate so it doesn't matter, but when you come to the point someone needs to communicate it's really lame when you cannot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    It's bad enough not to be selected but now you are saying it in public? even if I wasn't from those realms I would report you
    That's ridiculous and petty. It's the group finder. If you don't like the rules being stated up front for a group don't queue for it. Players reserve the right to make any rules for the groups they create and lead.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with filtering out the Spanish/Portuguese realms when creating groups in the US. Nothing at all.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Just filter them manually
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    i mean regardless, this is discrimination at it's core. Past experiences of certain type of person leads to the negative speculation of an entire community. Regardless of how many bad experiences you have with spanish players, it will never justify giving you the right to just openly block the entire community (i would bring up the similarities to certain world events going on right now, but oh boy would that open up an unnecessary can of worms).

On your end it's a way of alleviating potential headache, on their end they're being judged by people they've never even met, unfortunately not everyone develops a proper level of empathy in life.
    He's creating his own group. The entire point of group finder is to create a group to whatever requirements you see fit. That's like saying blocking everyone under 900 ilevel is discrimination. If he's not going to invite these people based on his preference he states it clearly up front so they don't queue and waste their time. It's being courteous.

The guild I was in stopped inviting players from all the Latin America servers as well to the pugs they ran. It was too painful to communicate and/or they had terrible latency issues. That's just a fact.

The players are abusing the reporting system.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    you should be silenced with that toxic racist nonsense you are looking to get oh it is ok community is juyst a bunch of dickheads for not understanding me excuse
    This sentence is the perfect example of the language barrier that the OP is talking about since no one understood what you just said.

Maybe next time say "English speakers only please"? That would probably be a better way to convey that you want English only speakers instead of language barrier ones. Blocking out whole servers is pretty fucked up IMO, and I'm not even from any of them.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.