Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchow View Post
    Well Warcraft has been making more money now than it did when there were twice the amount of subs, so this doesnt really mean anything.

EDIT: Can't find the source where I read this. Consider it fake news. Apologies.

On high pop servers there are (in my opinion) still plenty of people to play with. Still plenty of guilds to pick from.

Yes sub numbers do matter, but people seem to be taking things way too far in their doomsaying.
    Well there is some truth to this. Considering at WoW's peak roughly half it's subscriber base was in China. That can be confirmed if we look deep enough. They paid something like $5 a month or less per sub due to the way the market works over there. So when they had big subscription losses in the APAC region it didn't hurt the monthly income as much as say losing 5 million subs in the US.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Nah, it became true a while back. People like you are just in denial or, much more likely, arguing otherwise just to be the trolls you are. "Da game is parfect, Blizerd is run by gods, we shud love averythang they give us even tho they be phoning it in for yearz naow!!!!"
    No one has ever said Wow is perfect including Blizzard themselves. But a game doesn't need to be perfect to be fun. I can think of dozens of amazing games that were broken as hell and would be considered garbage based on the standard applied to WoW. At the same time WoW doesn't need to be your single form of entertainment 24/7. People with that expectation will only be disappointed. Diversify yourself with other games.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I seriously don't get that statement at all. Because it does matter.

1. more players is more cash for more things added to WoW (the biggest reason I guess)
    2. more players means you have more choice to play with people (if you like playing with people)
    3. more players means the world feels less empty (as WoW stands the numbers of servers "shards" is finite and if your connected server/shards suck... your experience will be lesser due to it feeling like a single player game
    4. more choice in guilds (don't like a guild? Find the next one... good luck finding the next one if there are far fewer players outthere, especially if you can't play during special hours)

All in all, this is an mmo. And as such you require people. Also this site will become a ghost town as would others... less people ingame? Less websites that get updated... because there isn't any money in it anymore. etc etc
    I like less people in the game. Most of them are idiots. WoW is still profitable and I wouldn't have a problem with another million breaking away. So, that's that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    The only point that makes sense in your entire post is #1.
    I don't think that is the only point making sense, but it is I think the most important one.

#2 is BS, you either never remember majority of people you encounter, or even want to forget them ASAP, that's true even in Vanilla.
    Disagree - guild and group / community was much stronger in Vanilla - mainly because you had to. You knew guilds by name and the most important players in those guilds. It would also serve as a "check" - ah he is from <Rainbow and Ponies>, those are good lads. My friend list in Vanilla was huge, now I hardly ever use it anymore.

#3 is BS. With phasing/sharding you won't see many people anyway, I assume that each subzone is designed for 15-20 ppl max, otherwise things start dying way too fast and it becomes quite inconvenient to play the game.
    True to an extent, but in some zones there really are not enough people. Say a zone is 20 people max, the more players means a higher chance you encounter 18/19/20 players. When its low you have 3-4 people per zone.

#4 is kinda there, but you just need to play on mid-high pop realm, even during WotLK if you played on low pop realm you're SOL to find a decent guild that's doing the content you wanted to do.
    I think this has more to do with cross serve and low populated serves. But the argument stands true, more people = more guilds.

Nerds in denial, that's all. After years on mmo champion i know most of these people can't take a hint of criticism towards wow, they will proceed hurl insults your way the moment you say anything that doesn't align with their views.

Subs do matter, but since a low sub number is obviously seen as a negative thing, they will counter it with "it doesn't matter". Suddenly though, sub numbers do matter when you bring any other mmo into a discussion. They're blinded by fanaticism, and there's nothing you can possibly say that will change their mind.

I wouldn't take anything these people say seriously. There's literally more fanboys here than in the official forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyris View Post
    Disagree - guild and group / community was much stronger in Vanilla - mainly because you had to. You knew guilds by name and the most important players in those guilds. It would also serve as a "check" - ah he is from <Rainbow and Ponies>, those are good lads. My friend list in Vanilla was huge, now I hardly ever use it anymore.
    But that was just YOUR experience in Vanilla and was not true for everyone. It wasn't true for me in Vanilla on the 2 servers I played. I hardly knew or cared about most of the guilds on the realm if I was not in them just like today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Nerds in denial, that's all. After years on mmo champion i know most of these people can't take a hint of criticism towards wow, they will proceed hurl insults your way the moment you say anything that doesn't align with their views.
    So what does that say when you make a statement like this? Plenty of people on these forums that play WoW are critical about WoW and have no problem lobbing criticism towards the game and having a conversation without insults.

It goes both ways you know? Some people are highly defensive of WoW/Blizz and some people hate that others enjoy the game they can't stand anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyris View Post
    Another one with this community thingy, mate, you talked to few hundred people from your server max, meanwhile there's tens of thousands of people on each mid-high pop realm.

Majority of players never wrote anything in chat, many interacted w/ others within their groups and/or guilds only, many were soloing everything because they didn't want to do anything with others.

As for the need to know people, you only needed to know people from guilds that were above yours in server's hierarchy. Others could eat dick 24/7.

And don't get me started on chat-shaming a.k.a. "justice", being good, reputation and other BS from Vanilla. There always was this vocal group of righteous people in chat who thought that others actually cared about ninjas, griefers, etc. Unless you were from one of realm's top guilds pretty much no one really cared about what you're saying, but even if you were, silent majority didn't know who you were. You (the dude from realm's top guild) on the other hand could be the biggest dick in the world, no one could do anything to you If they did it's their loss: no access to high tier mats, boosts and gold.

In fact, there's no ONE server community, there's multiple communities, and people often falsely assumed that theirs was THE server community. And obv neither of those communities cared about well-being of one another.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-06-08 at 03:34 PM. Reason: I can't English today obv

Deleted
    The game is literally dead.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would argue that for any kind of meaningfull content, the amount of players does matter. For more guilds to exist, a larger player base is needed. Not purely due to numbers, but also to group people with similar levels of skill. No one likes carrying people who are significantly worse than they are. This means people from all kinds of different skill levels need enough people around to form a guild. Take into account those who can for example only raid in weekends or only early mornings, and you suddenly limit the pool of available players heavily. Then there are PvP guilds, PvE guilds, roleplaying guilds etc. In order for all of these to exist, enough players need to play the game to provide a community for all of them.

For things like the group finder, LFR and dungeon finder and battlegrounds, the larger the player base the shorter and more stable the queues are. Now im not saying that the game needs billions of players to provide 24 exact clones of you to raid with, but if the player base drops too low is can impact your gameplay. Suddenly you might not be able to find a replacement fast enough for a tank who stopped raiding, or you cant find a group for the world boss anymore after the first day. With less players, theorycrafting becomes worse, there will be less addon developers and other less obvious things that can negatively impact your gameplay.

The game and its playerbase (or, in this case, general lack thereof) speaks the truth. But it's okay, you keep on thinking you're right and WoW is the most glorious game to grace the planet, and Blizzard is doing the best job they've ever done on making the game fun, engaging, and a joy to play. All those people disappearing doesn't mean a thing. It's their fault for not understanding how magnificent and fun the game is. Stupid idiots.
    Speaks what truth? Can you even hear what you are saying? You started this claiming people who are playing are in denial that the game is no what it was. It is not what it is. What it is now is still fun for people. People have left the game. Maybe they were bored? For a 10+ year old game people can get bored and leave. Some for good others return.

What are you? Some kind of game preacher trying to deliver us to some other glorious game? You are the one bashing on people who still play as idiots, like you just did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I seriously don't get that statement at all. Because it does matter.

1. more players is more cash for more things added to WoW (the biggest reason I guess)
    2. more players means you have more choice to play with people (if you like playing with people)
    3. more players means the world feels less empty (as WoW stands the numbers of servers "shards" is finite and if your connected server/shards suck... your experience will be lesser due to it feeling like a single player game
    4. more choice in guilds (don't like a guild? Find the next one... good luck finding the next one if there are far fewer players outthere, especially if you can't play during special hours)

All in all, this is an mmo. And as such you require people. Also this site will become a ghost town as would others... less people ingame? Less websites that get updated... because there isn't any money in it anymore. etc etc
    If there is just 1mil active people right now, that is still enough people to not get concerned with any of this.

Not surprised. Another biased thread.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    The game is literally dead.
    Yes, you preached SWTOR, GW and what not would kill it(latest Destiny which ended up in the pockets of Blizz, oh the irony).
    - - - Updated - - -

Subs do matter, but since a low sub number is obviously seen as a negative thing, they will counter it with "it doesn't matter". Suddenly though, sub numbers do matter when you bring any other mmo into a discussion. They're blinded by fanaticism, and there's nothing you can possibly say that will change their mind.

I wouldn't take anything these people say seriously. There's literally more fanboys here than in the official forums.
    If you arent a fanboy, what the fck are you doing here? And why would you even use "fanboy" as curse word. This is dumb...

Are you that incompetent when you are debating?

Whats up with "oooh look at these nerds" attitude mate. Whats up with the false image of yourself?
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-06-09 at 01:06 PM.

It's simple math. There are constant things, there are linear things and there are non-linear ones (such enjoyment and quality of matchmaking).

Rough calculation (WotLK info):
    Reported number of subs - 12M
    Reported yearly revenue - $1 billion
    Average sub payment per month - $7
    Server maintenance cost - $100K per day (official number!) = $3M per month = $37M per year
    Maintenance cost per player - 25C per month - $3 per year
    Base xpack budget - around $200M, I guess, we don't know for sure
    Xpack service life - 24 months
    Minimal amount of players, that can keep game profitable - 200M/((7 - 0.25) * 24) = $1234567 (nice number )

So, 1M players - is MINIMAL possible amount of players, that can provide enough revenue to have minimal acceptable quality of game. Please note - costs of advertising and some other things, like Blizzcon, aren't included. This number has been known since WotLK. Everything above this number - is pure profit, that Blizzard can use to have some fun things, like Blizzcon, or to invest them into other projects (like well known ephemeral Titan).
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-06-09 at 01:45 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    If there is just 1mil active people right now, that is still enough people to not get concerned with any of this.

Not surprised. Another biased thread.
    - - - Updated - - -

Yes, you preached SWTOR, GW and what not would kill it(latest Destiny which ended up in the pockets of Blizz, oh the irony).
    - - - Updated - - -

If you arent a fanboy, what the fck are you doing here? And why would you even use "fanboy" as curse word. This is dumb...

Are you that incompetent when you are debating?

Whats up with "oooh look at these nerds" attitude mate. Whats up with the false image of yourself?
    Because i'm a fan, not a pathetic cuck like you that will eat whatever shit blizzard throws your way. You clearly got very offended, so i know my post touched you in all the right places. nerd

[Infracted]

Here's the difference between a fan, and a fanboy which you already admitted to be...

Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-06-11 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Speaks what truth? Can you even hear what you are saying?
    Yes. Can you comprehend the English language properly? (Hint: No need to answer; you already did.)

You started this claiming people who are playing are in denial that the game is no what it was.
    Case in point. No, I did not claim that. I said something along those lines to the players who insist that the game is better than it's every been and that the developers are doing the greatest job they've ever done to make the game the most fun it's ever been and whatnot. Those are the delusional fuckwits. Lots of people continue to play the game for unfathomable reasons, but not all of them -- or even most of them -- are that fucking delusional and recognize the game (and I'm using the word "game" quite incorrectly) for what it is.

What are you? Some kind of game preacher trying to deliver us to some other glorious game? You are the one bashing on people who still play as idiots, like you just did.
    "It's okay to speak for everyone when it's MY opinion, but when it's YOUR opinion it's wrong and you're preachy!!!" --Way too many idiots on the Internet. (Hint: You just said that.)

Yes. Can you comprehend the English language properly? (Hint: No need to answer; you already did.)
    Seems like people enjoying the game and disagreeing with you is a problem for you. You just have to deal with that the best you can, which seems to saying them as being in denial.

Seems like people enjoying the game and disagreeing with you is a problem for you. You just have to deal with that the best you can, which seems to saying them as being in denial.
    It seems like people not enjoying the game and disagreeing with you is a problem for you. You just have to deal with that the best you can, which seems to saying them as being in denial.

Hypocrites. Gotta love 'em. (Well, not really. I certainly don't.)

But hey, thanks for proving my point about your reading comprehension. Or lack thereof, as is the case.

It seems like people not enjoying the game and disagreeing with you is a problem for you. You just have to deal with that the best you can, which seems to saying them as being in denial.

Hypocrites. Gotta love 'em. (Well, not really. I certainly don't.)

But hey, thanks for proving my point about your reading comprehension. Or lack thereof, as is the case.
    Care to quote when I said people not enjoying and disagreeing with the game is a problem for me? You are the one claiming others in denial.

And you call me a hypocrite and lack of comprehension.

Care to quote when I said people not enjoying and disagreeing with the game is a problem for me? You are the one claiming others in denial.

And you call me a hypocrite and lack of comprehension.
    This post, and every other post in the thread. If you're bitching about people bitching... guess what, you're bitching just as much as they are. So yes, you are a fucking hypocrite. That's the definition of hypocrisy; a fact most people on the Internet, yourself included, are fucking oblivious to.

15+ Year Old Account

That's great. But until you can provide real information shows that subs are below a workable level to provide a healthy gaming experience I don't think anyone cares. People have fun playing whether it's 11 million or 5 million. People that base their enjoyment (you) based on the number of subscriptions or money a game is making is just as pathetic. Bandwagon people are worse than Fanboys.

There will eventually come a point when subs do matter but the game will probably divert to a F2P model when it happens. Currently though they are still riding a cash cow to success.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222