Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Fat shaming, I don't even..

It's not shaming. If you're fat you're most likely an unhealthy person and should seek help. If you're unable to discern that your fat body is problematic for your health, you definitely need some psychological help too.

Your problem isn't going to disappear if suddenly society stops talking about your weight. You will still feel like shit inside your own body. Stop denying and get some help
    No thanks. I like my lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    No thanks. I like my lifestyle.
    Your lifestyle is costly for you and for the ones around you ! get some help before it's too late

10+ Year Old Account
    Your lifestyle is costly for you and for the ones around you ! get some help before it's too late
    I don't support nationalizing healthcare, but if people wanna pay for my medical expenses, so be it. As for me, it's no more costly than any other habit and it's one of the few enjoyments I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    I don't support nationalizing healthcare, but if people wanna pay for my medical expenses, so be it. As for me, it's no more costly than any other habit and it's one of the few enjoyments I get.
    I don't doubt you. That's why you should lose weight and experience life the way it's supposed to be enjoyed. A lot of doors open after that weight is gone. You will find out that a lot more enjoyments await you. All you have to do is be able to enter the damn door

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't doubt you. That's why you should lose weight and experience life the way it's supposed to be enjoyed. A lot of doors open after that weight is gone. You will find out that a lot more enjoyments await you. All you have to do is be able to enter the damn door
    Not for me. Losing weight really only serves more physical activities which I am disinterested in. I used to be an athlete when I was younger. I don't care to go back to that. It was all work with no pay off except sore knees and a fucked up shoulder.

When they can't move from the bed anymore STOP BRINGING THEM CHEETOS!!!!

Gah. Past a certain point you can't even blame them for their condition, only the idiots feeding them. How is it even possible for the human body to contain that much lard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

How do you get from obese to super obese? When I was at 320 I felt physically awful, at 220 I still feel immobile. How the fuck do you get to 1320

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Do they put cocaine in their soda to sell more? It would explain why so many people are fat there (addiction).
    True story, there's an energy drink called Cocaine. I tried it once. It burned all the way down my throat and I never drank it again. No there was likely no actual cocaine in it but it did have 280 mg of caffeine in an 8.4 oz can.

https://www.caffeineinformer.com/coc...-drink-is-back

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Gah. Past a certain point you can't even blame them for their condition, only the idiots feeding them. How is it even possible for the human body to contain that much lard?
    Extreme obesity is as much of an eating disorder as anorexia. At that point you're right they really can't help it.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Lol that photo that hubcap linked IS Mexican food. Authentic Mexican food and is basically a showcase how most Mexicans eat
    Yeah I said it CAN be, not that it necessarily is. Chipotle is probably healthier than most of the foods in that image.

I cannot fathom why the "n-no, tumblr told me healthy at any size!" cries of fat shaming applies to someone so monstrously fat they have lost the power of bipedal movement. Yes that is something to be ashamed of. If you are too fat to stand and walk then you have given up on abilitys our species should have as baseline and people crippled in accidents or suffering from things like motor nueron disease would kill to have back when taken from them.
    There is a line that gets crossed where 'stop hurting feelings because that may make me feel bad about being overweight myself' rhetoric no longer applies. If your weight class is closer to cattle, if you cannot function simply because your skeletal and muscular structure cannot lift the weight of your own fat deposits then you fuck up and that is something to shame. It ceases to become 'not your business' when someone in this position requires multiple people to give up time in their own lives just to sustain his cycle of none life.
    There will always be people who gain weight for medical reasons, thats a thing. But this is the extreme of turning into something more manitee than man and thats revolting in a literal sense.

But at least he actually tried to rectify it rather than be another corpse thats got to be lifted through a removed wall via crane and good for him for doing so. The cry of 'fat shaming' is about as pathetic as the people that tried to make 'smoke shaming' a thing when public places started to add none smoking areas. Everyones gonna shit on the person smoking a tobacco cigarette like they are a monster but a 500 pound dude wolfing down enough food for a dozen people laced with all kinds of chemicals and addatives? boy dont want to hurt feelings right?

The sad truth is when people are comfortable they often dont give two shits about their health and things like taxing soda is no great slight to try and combat it. Especially when -as so many people that cry fat shaming point out- things like depression can contribute and sometimes people cannot help themselves.

Theres a having your cake and eating it too joke there but thats just too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    https://www.ft.com/content/e082c92a-...5-23ef563ecf9a

It is becoming clear that it is not just the person who is at fault but those who enable them. If you're telling an obese person they're fine the way they are then aren't you part of the problem as well?

It sure is disgusting how some are super obese while others are struggling just to get basic nutrition.
    Perhaps we should abolish money then obesity and starvation will end because money is the root of all the worlds problems.

15+ Year Old Account
    That won't happen as the #1 outlet for poverty is your culture's food.

The idea that we spent the first 99% of our existence as a species trying to have enough food not to starve and now many of us have moved on to trying to correct the problem of having too much food is one of the most ironic things.

AAAAAaaannd this is a prime argument for a single payer healthcare system and healthcare providers not accepting people with preexisting conditions that are clearly the result from not one or two bad decisions, but from a lifetime of twinky-abuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

And this is like everywhere you go in Mexico.
    We're gonna need a bigger plate.

At what point do you go?...I really need to stop eating. Because that point came and flew by this dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    AAAAAaaannd this is a prime argument for a single payer healthcare system and healthcare providers not accepting people with preexisting conditions that are clearly the result from not one or two bad decisions, but from a lifetime of twinky-abuse.
    Single payer healthcare systems not accepting people with preexisting conditions? What? That's a complete mishmash of random thoughts that made no sense.

Single payer healthcare systems are much better equipped to deal with such issues because the government has the power and the means to tackle the issue with comprehensive measures.

In essence a combination of measures such as education from early childhood, foodstuff related regulations, sugar and fat taxes combined with frequent and free medical check-ups so professionals like psychiatrists, nutritionists and etc can intervene before the person is immobilized by its own weight.

Add to all that, intensive focus on things like using public transportation and doing sports, single payer systems are much better equipped to prevent the problem before it is a problem and to manage it if it is starting to become a problem and doing all this at a fraction of the cost.

Single payer systems invest heavily in prevention which is ALWAYS cheaper than treatment.

Preexisting conditions are just a stupid idea that insurance companies came up with to avoid having to pay out. They rarely have anything to do with your "bad decisions" and are often dumb shit like refusing treatment for skin cancer because you were treated for acne as a teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

And this is like everywhere you go in Mexico.

That looks tasty

10+ Year Old Account
    Now now now, I'm sure they'll all be back to a healthy weight once Trump has them building that wall for the US.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    The idea that we spent the first 99% of our existence as a species trying to have enough food not to starve and now many of us have moved on to trying to correct the problem of having too much food is one of the most ironic things.
    Oddly nowadays both hunger and obesity are tied to poverty. They are two sides of the same coin. Obesity is often tied to the inaccessibility of a healthy diet and to the affordability of cheap, but nutritionally deficient (disastrously so) processed foods.

A diet of carb, sugar and fat laced microwave pizza, hot pockets, fries and icecream will literally cost less than nutritious home-cooked meals with the correct balance of fresh fruit, vegetables and proteins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suddenly a challenger appears.

Yes I'm aware he's not Mexican, but it kinda works.

10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset